Page 101 of 491 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamarcus Aldridge say o. Spurs probably would have had Jason Kidd too if not for Tony Parker. You need two things to be successful franchise, building blocks to attract star free agents and assets to build a roster around star players. If you're a big enough star, you can make it anywhere.
    Are you honestly trying to argue small markets have the same chance of getting/keeping stars? To me it’s evident they’re disadvantaged There are always outliers in everything. Look man we are going to firmly disagree on this. We just have a huge difference in opinion. I see no point in continuing to discuss this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying you really didn't know that? How long have you been following the NBA, about 2 weeks now, is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors are looking scary.
    They truly are, and they're a fabulous road team, 12-3 on the road so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbass.

He doesnt care. His camp doesnt want him in Toronto. They want him to play as little as possible. Its sad, because he could be gunning for MVP but kawhi is a being a literal asswipe. I believe he is deficient mentaly. Hes clearly being used and hes fine with it.

The Goal now for him is Stats, and health.

I feel bad for the raptors, but I dont. I cant feel bad for fans who think its OK for a star to sitnout games so he can "rest" for the playoffs. Its not ok.

I'm off the kawhi bandwagon. Hope he breaks his legs and never plays a single minute ever again.

One lf the most cancerous NBA personalities to date. We're already seeing his influence with butler and Fultz too.
    agree

Skip Bayless getting in on the act:

nice
    Last edited by r0drig0lac; 12-13-2018 at 04:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you honestly trying to argue small markets have the same chance of getting/keeping stars? To me it’s evident they’re disadvantaged There are always outliers in everything. Look man we are going to firmly disagree on this. We just have a huge difference in opinion. I see no point in continuing to discuss this
    I still don't understand this small market argument for San Antonio as it's actually the second-biggest city in Texas right after Dallas and seventh most populous city in the US. San Antonio is anything but small, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny dumping on Curry

alpha af

Wrong. KD went to the Warriors because he wanted a ring. Simple as that.
    exactly, nothing more needs to be said, the guy just ran to the ring guaranteed, lol in "wanted to run away from Westbrook"
    Last edited by r0drig0lac; 12-13-2018 at 05:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it shows that kawhi’s supporting cast are great..and this raptors team are stacked
    Spurs without Duncan would win regular season games... But was by no means a great team, nor a team anyone would expect would win any meaningful playoff games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerry definitely "gets coffee", since he's a "closer". He spirited Shaq away from an EC NBA Finals team, and got Durant to GS.

Pop gets the Mafia Don award, though, for trading Kawhi to a team he likely will not re-sign with, thereby costing him ANOTHER $40M. Steal $19M from us? How that ass taste, #2?
    Los Angeles or any other team in the Western Conference, everyone already knew that Pop wouldn't trade Kawhi to a team in the West.

But what i find weird about this Clippers' recruitment...how is any of this "legal"?
    Can a team does this with a player on other team before offseason? IDK...it seems a so dirty move that the league shouldn't allow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just the fact that you post about a non-Spurs player on a Spurs forum in basically every thread.
    On every thread? Not really.
    You don't post about anything else but him.
    About anything else?? Nah. I'm still the only one here saying the Spurs will make the playoffs and pass first round. I always posted about the Spurs not just Kawhi.

Are you expecting Spurs fans to simply change their stance on someone who did their team dirty?
    I've said before I get the saltiness here. Don't have any issue with that. But people lying about his game is a different story. .

People here keep saying I'm the only one that enjoy watching him but all this forum watched his games this season. Not just me. Should we ask them why they keep watching him?
    Last edited by YGWHI; 12-13-2018 at 08:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi leaves this team for either LA team
    He heard many times in 7 years that "there are most important things in life than basketball"

His girl won't move to Canada. Kawhi lost his father, he already knew how is growing up without a dad, he didn't want that for his kids. Why is that bad if he wants to stay close to his little daughter?

I don't have kids yet but I guess it should be very sad not being there for them in 6/7 months/season?
    Maybe other players don't care about it. Don't care about their children nor their baby mommas. Kawhi does. Why is this that bad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should you give the supermax to a player unwilling to sit on the bench and clap for his teammates when he's unable to play? I mean, you don't need your supermax player to be an Avery Johnson style leader but do you want a supermax player who refuses to do the bare minimum that every other teammate in the league does?
    The value of a contract is about what a player can do on court. If that player could be the difference between making playoffs/losing in first round every year and making conference finals every season? I would say def YES.

I would have given him a supermax contract to keep elite even if he wouldn't talk to Pop/RC/teammates in his life again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If kawhi wants a big market team then he should go to New York and play for the knicks..it’s a big market tha LA and he has a chance to become the greatest Knick ever if he somehow lead the Knick to an nba le..

tbh,, if I’m kawhi I’ll choose the Knicks over Lakers/clippers
    Last edited by skin27; 12-13-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The value of a contract is about what a player can do on court. If that player could be the difference between making playoffs/losing in first round every year and making conference finals every season? I would say def YES.

I would have given him a supermax contract to keep elite even if he wouldn't talk to Pop/RC/teammates in his life again.
    You obviously don't get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't help you regarding reading comprehension. #2 will not do what is expected from most players by playing two nights in a row - make no mistake #2 and his people are in charge of his physical condition and when he plays. He has been healthy enough to play for 10 months and he refused to play in SA and took a dump on team management, teammates, and fans last Spring. The guy will not risk playing back to backs now because he does not want to have some kind of setback when $140-$200MM is in play.

The hero ball stats when he feels like playing are all that matters - this season in Canada is nothing more than a conduit for the "group". I believe this guy may end up like Dez Bryant or Bill Walton in the next few years where is body is breaking down and simply cannot recover in a timely manner.

The Spurs probably did not offer a Max deal (when they could have) because they know Nephew has a chronic pain issue due to the knee tendons. It may never get truly better and the pounding of an 82 game schedule plus playoffs is too painful for him to complete. I believe the Spurs doctors may have been right all along and questioned this guys long term ability to play and it freaked out the "group". They rebelled and are trying to get nephew through the season in more or less one piece.
    This is in summary more or less what I believed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You obviously don't get it.
    Do you think that Warriors wanted KD to cheer for his teammates? To be a leader in the locker room? He's not that guy. They wanted him for what he does on court.

Kobe and Shaq won rings hating each other in public...Phil could handle it.

It's not like Jordan was a nice guy with most of his teammates...Phil could deal with that.

But Pop couldn't deal with just a greedy uncle??

You don't need a player to be a "good guy" nor a "good teammate" to win...You need a guy who can perform as a superstar. That's all.

But I guess YOU don't get this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Nurse >>>>> Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny doing everything Aldridge is supposed to do plus defending GS' all-time great perimeter players. All to the tune of $10 mil
    PATFO throwing him away. (And I like Pooodle) PATFO playing him with a torn groin half a season, no wonder he sucked to end the year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Nurse >>>>> Pop
    I will want until playoffs.

There are many guys on Raptors that couldn't deal with pressure in previous years. Nurse didn't do well in close games this season either.

Most media was talking about things like why he went really small vs Nets in the last minute when one of Ibaka/JV could have helped in the paint, that Bradley outcoached him in the last game in Boston, etc.

But to be fair, he showed a lot of nice strategies vs GSW. Not just last night, in the previous game too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO throwing him away. (And I like Pooodle) PATFO playing him with a torn groin half a season, no wonder he sucked to end the year...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need a guy to play - You Just Don't Get It

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. Beyond the bad teammate issue, you can’t dump money like that into a player that can’t stay on the court. There is a reason, even though other teams would not have to pay the SuperMax that other teams didn’t try to get Kawhi.
    Yea... Because of the risk of him leaving... Every single team would sign him to a supermax... Spurs played cute and are now in the lottery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Y'Know, if the Spurs and The Group could have worked something like this out, it could have happened. That all went in the toilet when he refused to play beyond 9 games. My guess is that he was at least as healthy last year as this year, but sat to try to force a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If kawhi wants a big market team then he should go to New York and play for the knicks..it’s a big market tha LA and he has a chance to become the greatest Knick ever if he somehow lead the Knick to an nba le..

tbh,, if I’m kawhi I’ll choose the Knicks over Lakers/clippers
    Who cares about being the greatest Knick? They suck, will suck, and mostly have sucked since 1946. They have 30 more NBA seasons than SA, and 3 fewer championships. Their ownership is a disgrace. Their historical record is sub .500. both regular season and post season. They had every advantage, large market, big $$$, and they've pissed them away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea... Because of the risk of him leaving... Every single team would sign him to a supermax... Spurs played cute and are now in the lottery
    Oooooh, so that's why nephew wanted out.....

Thread Information