Page 183 of 491 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 12267
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If TOR loses to PHI it will be devastating to the franchise.
    no, it wouldn't

the trade was worth it just to get ddr off the books.

raps went into this knowing their chances of resigning kawhi would be slim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has the chance to be the longest thread in ST history. I mean it could go the rest of Kawhi's career.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This has the chance to be the longest thread in ST history. I mean it could go the rest of Kawhi's career.
    You gotta take into account that Kiwi might also sit out half of the rest of his career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta take into account that Kiwi might also sit out half of the rest of his career
    True. But we'll still probably talk about him then!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to be great with Kawhi back and KD here next season tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to be great with Kawhi back and KD here next season tbh.
    What dimension you live in, i want to live there tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lowry is a scrub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you suffer from Pop derangement syndrome. Dumbasses like you believe if #2 wins a championship that somehow Pop and the FO will be humbled.
    You are addled. You think other people are like you, but most people are saner than you are. Dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Kawhi's heavy iso game ninja mind s the other players to just stand on the court, watch Kawhi and do nothing? Then when he's off, they are still in character?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are addled. You think other people are like you, but most people are saner than you are. Dumbass.
    You are most definitely in the minority on this board. Along with 2 or 3 other peeps, you believe Nephew was wronged. Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's guarding Ben Simmons. How about playing some defense and guarding Jimmy Buckets?

Of course he's only playing 36 minutes per game

I'm starting to think he's worse than DeRozan
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 05-03-2019 at 07:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Kawhi's heavy iso game ninja mind s the other players to just stand on the court, watch Kawhi and do nothing? Then when he's off, they are still in character?
    Entirely possible. I saw him get pissed at Siakam though at one point in the 3rd, he was waving Siakam away to the other side so he could iso. Siakam refused though and set a screen for him wsy out top. Kawhi scored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *2017-18 faking injury*
    Load of Management

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are most definitely in the minority on this board. Along with 2 or 3 other peeps, you believe Nephew was wronged. Lol.
    You are mentally ill. You are seeing things that aren't there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, it wouldn't

your post would've made more sense if the Raptors didn't squander that money they saved by trading DeRozan on Marc Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's my question: Is Kawhi in charge of his minutes or is Nick Nurse. Bc the organization had no say so in him not playing back to backs so I'm wondering if they also have no say in him not playing 40 minutes a game. I kinda thought that was the whole point behind the sitting out games in the regular season, so he could be healthy enough to play big minutes in the postseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think about it this way.
    Nephew's iso game resembles MJ's and Kobe's game.
    Those two were known for chewing out their teammates in practise,always demading excellence and 110% effort in games.Not in the Tim Duncan "nurturing" way but in the trashtalking,push to the limit way.

Does #2 seem like a dude who would hold someone accountable?
    Do we really think he confronted Lowry after the game and asked him wtf was he doing?

Didn't we see some kind of variation of this when he was on the Spurs and the team seemed lost when he was going to the bench cause he was the system?
    And the Spurs had legends in the roster and Pop on the bench,not Nurse and Lowry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, it wouldn't

I don’t care how much people hate DeRozan to go from a playoff team to lottery team for years possibly due to a trade, for a franchise like TOR is a big deal.

People say clearing DeRozan was a win no matter what but not if it doesn’t lead to actually being able to lure talent and continue building towards being better than you were.

I know it was a good gamble and worth it; that doesn’t mean there isn’t a downside to be realized

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t care how much people hate DeRozan to go from a playoff team to lottery team for years possibly due to a trade, for a franchise like TOR is a big deal.

People say clearing DeRozan was a win no matter what but not if it doesn’t lead to actually being able to lure talent and continue building towards being better than you were.

I know it was a good gamble and worth it; that doesn’t mean there isn’t a downside to be realized
    It is why I would say all in all this was a successful season. With Pop staying 3 years, young talent, plus Derozan and Aldridge Future is pretty bright but so are a lot of other teams. I'll say Popovich will start to garner a lot of free agent attention these next few years. His clout and actual skill is becoming stronger and better. Hope we can pick up a ready PF to start next to Aldridge or come off the bench as a 6th man type big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you suffer from Pop derangement syndrome. Dumbasses like you believe if #2 wins a championship that somehow Pop and the FO will be humbled.
    Yeah, like his deciding to leave (for unknown or specified reasons) and possibly winning elsewhere would trump 5 championships and 20+ years of success. Only in the mind's of Kawhi s does that add up.

I knew all along they would struggle to beat either 76er, Celtics or Bucks do to their "poor roster construction" (where have I heard that before?), lack of a great 2nd option and a quality 6th man. Pascal is another year away (from being a good/great 2nd option), Marc Gasol/Kyle Lowry's best days are behind them (with both having fatal flaws) and VanVleet is a Patty Mills clone (as a 6th man).

They could still pull this series out but are dead in the water against Milwaukee or Boston....
    Last edited by J_Paco; 05-03-2019 at 09:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your post would've made more sense if the Raptors didn't squander that money they saved by trading DeRozan on Marc Gasol.
    And Marc's game is gonna age way, way worse than DeMar. And they have the added pressure of resigning Marc so they look like they are attempting to "stay compe ive" if Kawhi walks.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew going to struggle next game playing 37 minutes two days before. Calling 6 -20, 18 points. He proved his greatness is back. I don’t think he cares about the team much. He gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't we see some kind of variation of this when he was on the Spurs and the team seemed lost when he was going to the bench cause he was the system?
    And the Spurs had legends in the roster and Pop on the bench,not Nurse and Lowry.
    As good as he is, he freezes out other team mates quite a lot. He's super efficient, but hasn't learned how to make players around him better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched the game, without Kawhi, the Raptors couldn't score. The moment he sat a few minutes, Lowry was missing shots and Pascal was getting blocked by Embiid or passing up 3 pt shots. Van Fleet and Danny were missing open 3s in the 4th Q. Without Kawhi they went through stretches they couldn't get anything going in the 3rd and 4th Q.

But the key matchup is Marc Gasol not being able to do anything about Embiid. Embiid has been fantastic both ends.

Thread Information