Page 315 of 491 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​@timvp - I know you don't want to discuss all the Spurs/Kawhi drama that you are privy to....but you gotta give us something, especially since Nephew is about to ring

It's just basketball tbh....

At least confirm that the Spurs asked him to take less than the supermax tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, too many people in their feelings get over it. He’s gone. Time to move on and get ready for next season. If you can’t get over it, maybe you should follow a different team. Or you want to continue ing about a team your going to continue following anyway? Whatever works for you I guess.
    At this point, it’s not really about Kawhi, it’s more about PATFO up being magnified by trading him away and he’s about to ring.

I’ve said before, both sides to blame, but ultimately PATFO are the ones that couldn’t keep a top 3 player in the league. His departure happened on their watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, it’s not really about Kawhi, it’s more about PATFO up being magnified by trading him away and he’s about to ring.

I’ve said before, both sides to blame, but ultimately PATFO are the ones that couldn’t keep a top 3 player in the league. His departure happened on their watch.
    this tbh

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has had a more impressive career than KD. Any star can win on GSW. Kawhi is able to carry a team. He has the strength to handle the work load which allows him to keep hitting 3s in the playoffs. KD is a weak player and his 3pt shot disappears in the playoffs when he has a true superstar role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew and his "group" put a gun to the Spurs heads and tanked his trade value by design - purposely damaged the franchise that made him. This season does not change that. Still a sh*tty semi-human being. Like most star NBA players, #2 the bag is just a myopic jerk. He didn't give a damn about the fan base in SA and he doesn't give a damn about the Toronto fan base.

Turd better get as much money for as long as possible now - he will be missing 20-25 games a year for the next four or five years with his chronic quad issues. That doesn't change. The Spurs allegedly STILL offered the MAX contract, but the guy was through with SA, his teammates, management, everyone. What goes around comes around - sooner or later.

I'm pissed for sure about this crappy result. This was a choice made by Leonard, not the Spurs. The bridge was burned by him. He quit. He's playing now because he has to in order to get the boxcar contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is having a great postseason (his run through the East is better than anything LeBron has ever done IMO) but this series is 3-1 Warriors if Klay/KD are healthy even if the Dubs are on their last legs.....

Still, not gonna lie that it's pretty satisfying to see the GS get their pushed in....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White/Green/Kawhi/Gay/LMA would have been fine enough for a 2nd seed in the West and considering how weak the entire West was this year, we would have been a conference finals threat. This current roster was always a first round exit.
    Load missed a third of the season though. We wouldn't have held the fort like Toronto did in those games so I'm not so sure about 2nd seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're posting in the Kawhi thread, dummy.
    Who are you again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody remember hearing that uncle Dennis wanted a front office position with the spurs or something? Can anyone confirm this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors are a mess, not a clean win. Could be one of the worst teams to win a championship. It is a little rewarding to see quitter destroy the team that stood behind goony Zaza. He will be the MVP that ended the last two championship dynasties. I was completely over the saga just didn’t want Nephew to win this year on the Spurs contract. happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has had a more impressive career than KD. Any star can win on GSW. Kawhi is able to carry a team. He has the strength to handle the work load which allows him to keep hitting 3s in the playoffs. KD is a weak player and his 3pt shot disappears in the playoffs when he has a true superstar role.
    What happened from 2015-2018 in the playoffs then? The East was not that good (no prime LBJ) and the Warriors fell apart when Durant broke and Thompson got injured. Everything broke right for Toronto this year. Literally everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto will ride Kawhi's knees to the chip until his knees fall off just as SA rode TD until his wheels fell off. Kawhi really is Tim Duncan's rightful heir. And this franchise let him slip through the cracks. Ownership and PATFO, they don't want any more rings. Time to face that reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a team meeting.
    Then that team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew and his "group" put a gun to the Spurs heads and tanked his trade value by design - purposely damaged the franchise that made him. This season does not change that. Still a sh*tty semi-human being. Like most star NBA players, #2 the bag is just a myopic jerk. He didn't give a damn about the fan base in SA and he doesn't give a damn about the Toronto fan base.

Turd better get as much money for as long as possible now - he will be missing 20-25 games a year for the next four or five years with his chronic quad issues. That doesn't change. The Spurs allegedly STILL offered the MAX contract, but the guy was through with SA, his teammates, management, everyone. What goes around comes around - sooner or later.

I'm pissed for sure about this crappy result. This was a choice made by Leonard, not the Spurs. The bridge was burned by him. He quit. He's playing now because he has to in order to get the boxcar contract.
    I get it. No defending how Kawhi and the group handled it all....but....I'm not blaming Kawhi if the following happened:

-They asked him to take a discount after giving Pau and Patty those contracts. Kawhi rejecting the supermax later on actually makes me respect him more....
    -The Spurs didn't believe that he couldn't play. If he says he can't and even if his group keeps flip/flopping on his return, you bend over backwards for him because he's that good....
    -Literally zero star NBA players give a about the fans. Tim Duncan wouldn't stop to pee on you if you were on fire tbh......don't be so naive and hold that against Leonard. Do you think Toronto fans care right now that Kawhi doesn't give that much of a about them?
    -If he misses 20 games a year for the next 5 years and takes them on deep playoff runs, who really cares......

Again, I get it. Kawhi is most likely a person with family that grew up in a ty culture...but this is mostly on the Spurs tbh......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His knifeinback

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi wins a le in Toronto, signs a two year contract with a player option the 2nd year. Lakers and Clippers max out free agents this summer. Kawhi has to stay in Toronto or has a chance to re-sign with the Spurs since all the LA teams are capped out. Thats my prediction.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened from 2015-2018 in the playoffs then? The East was not that good (no prime LBJ) and the Warriors fell apart when Durant broke and Thompson got injured. Everything broke right for Toronto this year. Literally everything.
    KD playing an easy role is what happened. If he had Kawhi's role his 3pt shot would tank again. Just like it did on a really good okc team.

Yeah, everything(kawhi being healthier would be nice) is going right for Toronto to win. They were still not the favorites going into this series. Klay missed one game and tonight seemingly wasn't hindered because he played phenomenal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Most aren’t excusing Kawhi’s behavior. More about what went so wrong that lead him to the behavior.

It’s pretty clear, Kawhi just wants to win, bad.

Pop has already won, and at this point just wants his wine and culture signings. If they don’t win, it’s meh to him. He’s said it over and over, “it’s just basketball”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi wins a le in Toronto, signs a two year contract with a player option the 2nd year. Lakers and Clippers max out free agents this summer. Kawhi has to stay in Toronto or has a chance to re-sign with the Spurs since all the LA teams are capped out. Thats my prediction.

Lol Kawhi will never be a Spur again. Ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it. No defending how Kawhi and the group handled it all....but....I'm not blaming Kawhi if the following happened:

-They asked him to take a discount after giving Pau and Patty those contracts. Kawhi rejecting the supermax later on actually makes me respect him more....
    -The Spurs didn't believe that he couldn't play. If he says he can't and even if his group keeps flip/flopping on his return, you bend over backwards for him because he's that good....
    -Literally zero star NBA players give a about the fans. Tim Duncan wouldn't stop to pee on you if you were on fire tbh......don't be so naive and hold that against Leonard. Do you think Toronto fans care right now that Kawhi doesn't give that much of a about them?
    -If he misses 20 games a year for the next 5 years and takes them on deep playoff runs, who really cares......

Again, I get it. Kawhi is most likely a person with family that grew up in a ty culture...but this is mostly on the Spurs tbh......
    BBBut #2 was boxed in with San Antonio. He supposedly was offered the Max and refused it? How is that taking a discount? He signed a MAX contract in 2015 and did not fulfill it by his "Medical" holdout last year. If I was a part of the Spurs board of governors, I would be VERY uncomfortable offering a Supermax contract to a person who essentially spit in my face for a year. That is what he did. No sugarcoating that.

He and his uncle made him as toxic as possible to force his way out. That was HIS decision. Sometimes good things happen to bad people in this world. This is an example. Quite frankly, either result in the finals this year would have been the same situation - rotten people having worldly success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i might not watch basketball ever again

thanks PATFO, well what do they care they are probably in tuscany rolling around the hills drinking wine with their millions of dollars and I am here suffering to pay rent

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, when was the last time the real Finals was in the East? The 80s?

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you guys want live videos of the celebration on Monday?

Thread Information