Page 317 of 491 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol why wouldnt he go to LA?

The confrence power has shifted.

If I'm Kawhi, if servant goes EAST. I'm signing for Clippers. If the Lakers trade Bron. Im sigining there.

East is a tough cookie now with Boston, Philly, MIL and whatever team durant goes to.

West is weak.
    He’s not going to play with LeBron. And the clippers are a bunch of ing losers. They have always been losers. They will always be losers. Nobody gives a about the clippers. He has a tremendous situation in Toronto. Leaving would be a really dumb move. A really really really really dumb move.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol why wouldnt he go to LA?

The confrence power has shifted.

If I'm Kawhi, if servant goes EAST. I'm signing for Clippers. If the Lakers trade Bron. Im sigining there.

East is a tough cookie now with Boston, Philly, MIL and whatever team durant goes to.

West is weak.
    On second thought, now that the Warriors are going to lose without him, why would Durant leave? He doesn't really need any clout anymore since they lost without him, might as well stay where he's comfortable..

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raptore are good, but a healthy Warriors team is winning in 5.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Poop instructing Kerr how to lose to a rookie coach

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when gots made this a 200+ page thread because he wouldn't play against the Suns and Hawks of the league in the regular season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop "Not everything is lost. We still can lose the FIBA WC"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Kawhi doesn't go to LA..if he doesn't, the Spurs should be able to build a West contender quickly, nobody else is any good in the conference and the Warriors don't have much room to breathe if Durant leaves..
    Udoka just abandoned this franchise for a team with a 22 year old and a 25 year old as their franchise cornerstones. Let's be conservative and say Embiid's medical history will stunt his peak to 30 years old, giving the Sixers a 5-year le window. That's what Udoka chose over the Spurs' prospects. He does not think Derrick White in 5 years of development will be where Simmons/Embiid will be. The Spurs are far too superior to enter the lottery, the international talent pool is no longer an exclusive Spurs secret with Masai Ujiri building a talent pipeline to Africa--a next level development to what the Spurs pioneered in Europe and Latin America, and finally the asking price for franchise-level talent on the free market is too steep and prohibitive for ownership. Udoka even bailed on the only recognizable FA the Spurs succeeded on attracting, who he himself recruited. So where does that leave the franchise in terms of lucking into a generational talent like Duncan and Leonard needed to take a team all the way?

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    ing savage to include DDR like that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bybx2clDyyt/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this time, we've been hoping to catch the Dubs at less than full strength -- and Nephew is the one to do it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine trading the best player in the world for demar deroxan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    board man gets paid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this time, we've been hoping to catch the Dubs at less than full strength -- and Nephew is the one to do it.
    Yep and on our dime. I'll try to be happy for TO's fan-base. They have a lot to thank us for like the $20 million rehab of their star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep and on our dime. I'll try to be happy for TO's fan-base. They have a lot to thank us for like the $20 million rehab of their star.
    Truth, bro. The sad truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At placing a premium on ppg (with no context) in '19 and thinking either of those championships were credible. They're in the same boat as '15 and the one the Raptors (via the Spurs) are about to "win".
    I know you are the all knowing basketball God of ST, but winning three straight scoring les & four overall needs no context.

And whether you find the les as "viable" is insignificant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi broke up the super friends in Miami and he’s about to do the same to the Warriors. Crazy.
    And the Spurs lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would’ve rather had Leonard on one leg for one year than DeRozan for three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Pop is punching air or DeRozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would’ve rather had Leonard on one leg for one year than DeRozan for three.
    Not if he refuses to take the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just came here to say this: Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a friend close to the Popovich family. One thread that has been mentioned but which may not get enough emphasis is how Kawhi’s handlers came to realize just how big Kawhi can be (China trip, etc).

Yes, Uncle and co. were rank amateurs, so they began requesting all manner of nonsense. But the Spurs were unprepared. Uncle legitimately saw other franchises, say Houston or LA, had much more infrastructure for promoting their stars and giving them commercial opportunities. They also provided more “star treatment”.

I’m now speculating, but it seems the Spurs were slow to make the connection, and their “culture” in this instance led them to be dismissive. It wasn’t helped by Uncle’s amateurish approach. But a smarter organization may have been more cautious and accommodating, and taken the concerns of Kawhi’s most trusted figure more seriously.

Add the above to the mix of injuries and other personal things (as Timvp has alluded to), and you can break a relationship. Uncle played a long game but I am not convinced he wouldn’t have made a different decision had the org done things differently. I’m still annoyed by Pop’s “no comment, no looking back” speech at the season’s commencement, because it means no accountability. Curious for an org built on it.

Anyway, I’m still rooting for Kawhi and happy to see the Warriors get smashed. At the beginning of the season, I called the Raptors my favorite to win it all; I was laughed at by many! But I remembered 2017.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a friend close to the Popovich family. One thread that has been mentioned but which may not get enough emphasis is how Kawhi’s handlers came to realize just how big Kawhi can be (China trip, etc).

Yes, Uncle and co. were rank amateurs, so they began requesting all manner of nonsense. But the Spurs were unprepared. Uncle legitimately saw other franchises, say Houston or LA, had much more infrastructure for promoting their stars and giving them commercial opportunities. They also provided more “star treatment”.

I’m now speculating, but it seems the Spurs were slow to make the connection, and their “culture” in this instance led them to be dismissive. It wasn’t helped by Uncle’s amateurish approach. But a smarter organization may have been more cautious and accommodating, and taken the concerns of Kawhi’s most trusted figure more seriously.

Add the above to the mix of injuries and other personal things (as Timvp has alluded to), and you can break a relationship. Uncle played a long game but I am not convinced he wouldn’t have made a different decision had the org done things differently. I’m still annoyed by Pop’s “no comment, no looking back” speech at the season’s commencement, because it means no accountability. Curious for an org built on it.

Anyway, I’m still rooting for Kawhi and happy to see the Warriors get smashed. At the beginning of the season, I called the Raptors my favorite to win it all; I was laughed at by many! But I remembered 2017.

if that's true, spurfan it is better to be prepared for eternal mediocrity, guys like Tim Duncan are extremely rare (actually he's the only one of his kind, to this day imbeciles credit their les to Pop, if he had won 3 in NY he would be a top 3 in history, the normal player wants to win and be revered for it)
    Last edited by r0drig0lac; 06-08-2019 at 07:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Portland guests crash the site this bad after the only- osers-foul signing as the canadians just did after last night's game? Bring out your best , boys. There's an entire other country reading your takes. DPG better shore up those servers for when the canucks nuke this site again on Tuesday.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One game away from becoming a first ballot HoFer

Thread Information