Page 366 of 491 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 9,126 to 9,150 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siakam was just asked if Kawhi will be back and he said, ''you gotta ask Kawhi... and uncle Dennis''... It's nice seeing that everyone knows Kawhi is his uncles little .
    This x1000.

Was Pop's "you have to ask his group" remark after a season of frustration any worse than Siakam's remark after winning the le?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I wonder if that hurt his feelings lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's almost like Nephew has Stockholm syndrome where he sees his controlling uncle as a father who he thinks really loves him despite him being an asshole
    Does Uncle Dennis lock Kawhi away every night in a gimp suit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has she been reading my posts on here or what... ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fam... This is a year old...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never seen it before.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has she been reading my posts on here or what... ?
    Wasn't she removed from that show soon after?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dream scenario would be that he signs a short-term deal in TOR, PopaGOAT takes advantage of a depleted GS to reach the Finals, then he proceeds to beat the out of Nephew. That would be so so satisfying, tbh.
    People said 2014 was just a dream too!

Believe.
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    This x1000.

Was Pop's "you have to ask his group" remark after a season of frustration any worse than Siakam's remark after winning the le?
    There was nothing malicious in what Pascal said.

https://twitter.com/spmacanada/statu...375952384?s=21

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Never seen it before.
    She looks even worse a year later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anybody wondered if maybe Siakam was jerking people's chains, a little, with that Uncle Dennis remark, to get a reaction? There are times those "dumb jocks" can be more clever than you'd suspect.

Merely an idle thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, but if he leaves, they will spin this as a reason. It's what they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Masai pretty much confirm Kawhi is coming back at the press conference he held today?

asked "have you spoken to Kawhi?"

answered "Yes"

"What did he say"

answer "I'll keep that conversation between me and Kawhi"
    That is in no way a confirmation of Kawhi's return, Mouse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both have pluses and minuses. Raptors: good he stays in the East, bad he could win more championships. Clippers: good it makes the Spurs look better, bad he's in the West.

About the same ... but I'd probably pick Raptors since he'd be in the East and the Clippers could win a championship with him, which would be really annoying, tbh. If Kawhi wins a championship with a third franchise, he becomes like a top five player all-time and the 2014 Spurs team will be remembered as 99% Nephew's doing.
    I know some of the hot take, prisoner of the moment, anti bigs, talking heads would debate it, but he has no chance at ever seriously entering the discussion. He's basically 28, has to be constantly managed and may have a degenerative condition.

The first le was won as a souped up version of Bowen, while the second likely only occurred because of the Warriors injuries. The third, I'd have to see the context (quality of teammates, compe ion, luck, etc.) to judge.

This whole era of players has ruined the credibility of these championships because they're dictating the cir stances as opposed to them occurring organically. Like, if he didn't pull what he did, there's a 0% chance the Raptors get him for the embarrassing package they do and without that exact package, they don't even have a path to a championship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siakam was just asked if Kawhi will be back and he said, ''you gotta ask Kawhi... and uncle Dennis''... It's nice seeing that everyone knows Kawhi is his uncles little .
    Delusional

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know some of the hot take, prisoner of the moment, anti bigs, talking heads would debate it, but he has no chance at ever seriously entering the discussion. He's basically 28, has to be constantly managed and may have a degenerative condition.

The first le was won as a souped up version of Bowen, while the second likely only occurred because of the Warriors injuries. The third, I'd have to see the context (quality of teammates, compe ion, luck, etc.) to judge.

This whole era of players has ruined the credibility of these championships because they're dictating the cir stances as opposed to them occurring organically. Like, if he didn't pull what he did, there's a 0% chance the Raptors get him for the embarrassing package they do and without that exact package, they don't even have a path to a championship.
    Thats what most are saying though. Reagrdless if he deserves it or not from an overall body of work standpoint he is going to be massively praised.

Believe.
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Didn't Masai pretty much confirm Kawhi is coming back at the press conference he held today?

asked "have you spoken to Kawhi?"

answered "Yes"

"What did he say"

answer "I'll keep that conversation between me and Kawhi"
    He sounded like he didn’t know.

I think the keep the conversation between us was in response to someone asking “What are things Kawhi is looking for in Free Agency?”.

the talk starts around 11:20

Last edited by Gianna; 06-25-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Doesn’t matter how you nit pick, it’s all about what the record books say. The record book have Kd as a 2x champ and 2xfmvp. Won’t say anything about him joining a superteam to achieve those.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats what most are saying though. Reagrdless if he deserves it or not from an overall body of work standpoint he is going to be massively praised.
    I know he is (no matter what he accomplished, he wouldn't have been to nearly the same extent had he stayed) but the way timvp wrote it, it read as his opinion.

Doesn’t matter how you nit pick, it’s all about what the record books say. The record book have Kd as a 2x champ and 2xfmvp. Won’t say anything about him joining a superteam to achieve those.
    The point is, pukes like Durant and S bag's "accomplishments" shouldn't be compared to the likes of Duncan's and Nowitzki's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know some of the hot take, prisoner of the moment, anti bigs, talking heads would debate it
    Exactly. Perception = reality, unfortunately.

Obviously Nephew won't actually be a top 5 player ever but if he "led" a "third" team to a championship, that'd be talking head fuel for all eternity. Tim, Tony and Manu would eventually be footnotes ... when in reality, Neph could arguably have been the sixth most important player on the 2014 team behind the Big 3, Green and Diaw, IMO. At the very highest, he was the fourth most important player, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Perception = reality, unfortunately.

Obviously Nephew won't actually be a top 5 player ever but if he "led" a "third" team to a championship, that'd be talking head fuel for all eternity. Tim, Tony and Manu would eventually be footnotes ... when in reality, Neph could arguably have been the sixth most important player on the 2014 team behind the Big 3, Green and Diaw, IMO. At the very highest, he was the fourth most important player, tbh.
    Fair enough. I agree with the sentiment, but I think even most of them would say 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough. I agree with the sentiment, but I think even most of them would say 10.
    I think time is a lense that clears the further on you move. Baseball, for instance. Everyone thought that the roiders would all ruin the game and get falsely inflated legacies. Didn't happen. They are rightly reviled, now that they are no longer a cash cow for the game. I think the NBA Super teams era will be viewed the same way, in longer retrospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That much salty? Wow! Sorry for you, my condolence!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he is (no matter what he accomplished, he wouldn't have been to nearly the same extent had he stayed) but the way timvp wrote it, it read as his opinion.

The point is, pukes like Durant and S bag's "accomplishments" shouldn't be compared to the likes of Duncan's and Nowitzki's.
    They shouldn’t but they will be. If Kawhi were to win a 3rd on another team the sports media will be putting him up there. There will be a few who will try and bring up the cir stances which led to him winning but the bigger voices will start talking about him as all time great
    I hear some of them do it with td all the time. They use the fact that td had a great coach and all star teammates to discredit his achievements
    Last edited by bic50; 06-25-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Thread Information