Page 389 of 491 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s gonna make less than the Spurs coulda offered. LMAO Thats his worth?
    I think the Toronto trade was a middle finger at the group. You take $19M from Us? Fine. You’ll get $80M less if you leave in FA. That is the cost to be a Laker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #2 doesn't owe the Raps or their fans , tbh. It's not like he was a FA at the time and chose to be there. He was always trying to get back to LA. So boo-hoo on those es if he bails after bringing their team their very first (and probably last) chip. They should all be kissing Pop & Company's ass.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    #2 doesn't owe the Raps or their fans , tbh. It's not like he was a FA at the time and chose to be there. He was always trying to get back to LA. So boo-hoo on those es if he bails after bringing their team their very first (and probably last) chip. They should all be kissing Pop & Company's ass.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Wow! All this Empathy for Toronto from the Jump people. Interesting - did not see this empathy a year ago - the media was happy and eager to trash the Spurs organization. Toronto provided absolutely EVERYTHING this creep could possibly want (Load Management/Team success) and it's looking like it won't be enough.

Windhorst states without a caveat that Leonard was offered the $220MM supermax and declined it. If he goes to the Lakers, he declines $190MM supermax from Toronto and takes $140MM for four years in guaranteed money. $80MM in guaranteed gross salary would be turned down. $35MM in real net cash after taxes.

I really hope that Uncle Dennis steals most of this guys wealth via shady business deals. They all deserve misery after screwing over a bunch of people.
    WHY DOESN'T HE CHOOSE MONEY OVER FAMILY & GROWN MEN WHO ARE SO INVESTED IN "THEIR" SPORTS TEAMS THAT A PLAYER'S DECISION RUINS THEIR ENTIRE LIFE!!!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He’s gonna make less than the Spurs coulda offered. LMAO Thats his worth?
    Living in a city whose main attraction is a dirty creek & morbid obesity isn't all that appealing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHY DOESN'T HE CHOOSE MONEY OVER FAMILY & GROWN MEN WHO ARE SO INVESTED IN "THEIR" SPORTS TEAMS THAT A PLAYER'S DECISION RUINS THEIR ENTIRE LIFE!!!
    Oh I'm probably in a lot better spot than you dude. I'm good.

I don't get the whining players like Nephew who create this false narrative to force their way out of a situation. The guy held out for an entire year in SA - he was not injured outside of the sprained ankle.

I might have a little bit more respect for #2 if he just honored the contract he signed in the summer of 2015. The Spurs only got 50% of the service they (and KL) agreed to. The Spurs were trashed in the media to create a false narrative to put the Nephew in a better light and most importantly get him to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Living in a city whose main attraction is a dirty creek & morbid obesity isn't all that appealing.
    I don't find Los Angeles to be all that great. I'd much rather live in the hill country area than a traffic/smog/fire/earthquake/crazy people hub like LA. I have been out to LA many times for work and vacations and it is OK to visit due to the weather, but I'm glad I have somewhere else to call home. LA based co-workers of mine from my prior job stated that they are getting out of LA and California as soon as it is financially feasible.

KL is from that area, so obviously he has a different opinion.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 07-02-2019 at 10:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NorCal >>>>> SoCal, imo.

Still... I could never root for GS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's home is in San Diego, which is vastly better than LA, that isn't to say there aren't nice areas in LA but it is really overrated. I honestly don't get the hype behind LA and SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is about to have two teams very angry at him. This foot-dragging is compromising the off-seasons of all three teams.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t blame anyone for being where they want to be.

how they treat others along the way is what matters. Unfortunately his choices wil cost him tons of money. Both by contracts and by what his uncle does. It’s really sad to see. I truly believe 20 years from now Kawhi will realize just how much he screwed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is about to have two teams very angry at him. This foot-dragging is compromising the off-seasons of all three teams.
    I hope he decides to take a year off to heal up. KD is getting the max sitting on his ass next year. Screw them all over, they’ll be begging him next offseason.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I don't find Los Angeles to be all that great. I'd much rather live in the hill country area than a traffic/smog/fire/earthquake/crazy people hub like LA. I have been out to LA for many times for work and vacations and it is OK to visit due to the weather, but I'm glad I have somewhere else to call home. LA based co-workers of mine from my prior job stated that they are getting out of LA and California as soon as it is financially feasible.

KL is from that area, so obviously he has a different opinion.
    I agree, SoCal isn't for broke muphuckas who can't afford a helicopter ride from STAPLES to SD.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Oh I'm probably in a lot better spot than you dude. I'm good.

I don't get the whining players like Nephew who create this false narrative to force their way out of a situation. The guy held out for an entire year in SA - he was not injured outside of the sprained ankle.

I might have a little bit more respect for #2 if he just honored the contract he signed in the summer of 2015. The Spurs only got 50% of the service they (and KL) agreed to. The Spurs were trashed in the media to create a false narrative to put the Nephew in a better light and most importantly get him to LA.
    Ask Poop why he gave Pau a 3yr contract to play in SA but didn't honor it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I truly believe 20 years from now Kawhi will realize just how much he screwed up.
    I tend to agree with you but let's face it -- Kawhi's post-Spurs journey has been a charmed one so far.

Sometimes good fortune is way more important than all the other things we'd like to believe (in child-like fashion) are really more important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent objective analysis from a butt-hurt bottom

Kawhi won without Gregory, meanwhile the latter is AT BEST a 1st round fodder without all-time top 20 players.

The old senile begrudging old man would have traded Davis for DeFrozen + Poodle if he was the Pelicans' GM.
    What does being good at basketball have anything to do with what I said?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Leonard makes you think he gives a ? He's proven to be pretty selfish, self absorbed and only thinks of his "family?"

Leonard is wealthy enough to live comfortably wherever he plays, but no, he must be in California with his "family." Every player should use this same bs excuse (better than "I was misdiagnosed," TBH).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lay is gated communities in the hills or beaches surrounded by an encampment of Homeless people

and invading illegals looking for social welfare

But dumb s like Kawhi, and Kawhitsorm think that the Texas Hill Country and a livable city of working-class families are a third world hole

it's beyond re ed, and I guess Kawhi likes being sequestered from the filth and inequity in his mansion as long as he has a view of the ocean.
    I've lived in LA my whole life and plan on moving out soon...can't stand the traffic, congestion and detachment of people in general anymore. The homeless problem is worsening all over and it's especially bad in Santa Monica and the K-Town/DTLA area. But the weather, culture, diversity, no wombats, etc...are all positives so I can see why people still want to move here. To each their own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask Poop why he gave Pau a 3yr contract to play in SA but didn't honor it.
    I think Gasol requested a buyout. The Spurs granted that request and he went to the Bucks. Apples and oranges. I don't think bridges were burned there.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi isn't unique. Klay just said that he's a "Warrior4Life". A few days ago he said that if he didn't have a max 4 deal on his desk by 6:01 on Sunday, he was leaving. Now he's loyal?

I'm actually loving this. I said months ago that my personal LOB this season is for Kawhi to drag his feet so long that he s over the Raptors and the Lakers. I feel like my Finals are tied 2-2 right now, and I'm still hoping Kawhi takes it to 7 games.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Gasol requested a buyout. The Spurs granted that request and he went to the Bucks. Apples and oranges. I don't think bridges were burned there.

That's exactly what happened. I think Pau really believed that he should have been starting, or at least getting a lot of minutes, so he may still have some redass over the way it went down. But the Spurs gave him what he wanted, and handed him way more in the buyout than he deserved.

Katwitstorm saying Pop "didn't honor Pau's contract".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is doing what Bron did to Cleveland the first time he left them. He delayed his decision several days and when he made The Announcement, all the free agents were already signed by other teams leaving the Cavrones in a difficult position. In Kawhi's case, the Raps and Clips will be left with capspace and a dried up free agent market. But ironically, perhaps the Lakers will be the most challenged trying to fill out a roster due to his delay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi isn't unique. Klay just said that he's a "Warrior4Life". A few days ago he said that if he didn't have a max 4 deal on his desk by 6:01 on Sunday, he was leaving. Now he's loyal?

I'm actually loving this. I said months ago that my personal LOB this season is for Kawhi to drag his feet so long that he s over the Raptors and the Lakers. I feel like my Finals are tied 2-2 right now, and I'm still hoping Kawhi takes it to 7 games.
    KL and his "group" are so weird no outcome would totally surprise me. A part of me would be pleased with an 11.5 month rental and the friendly Canadians left scratching their heads and wondering "what in the world is wrong with that guy? We just won an NBA le with a great chance to repeat and he bolts?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is doing what Bron did to Cleveland the first time he left them. He delayed his decision several days and when he made The Announcement, all the free agents were already signed by other teams leaving the Cavrones in a difficult position. In Kawhi's case, the Raps and Clips will be left with capspace and a dried up free agent market. But ironically, perhaps the Lakers will be the most challenged trying to fill out a roster due to his delay.
    That’s my hope. He goes back to the Raptors or goes to the clippers and there’s nothing left for the Lakers to grab of value. That’s the best case scenario.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a shame none of the talking heads have the balls to tell the truth other than Skip..but his opinion doesn’t hold too much water cause he’s too bias and comes off as just a hater.

Cris Carter is part of the “camp” so he’s gonna obviously defend Nephew all day.

Sharpe is the fakest analyst on TV and openly jokes about being devil advocate regarding the situation plus is the biggest cheerleader for LeBron.

SAS and Max are mainstream media darlings who love everything LAL/NY and only care about anything related to those markets.

The only talking head who’s somewhat talked honestly about what they’ve heard is Rusillo/Simmons. But they’re only willing to tell so much and honestly prefers not to go down that road..it’s just not meaningful to crucify the most relevant player in the league right now...plus the Spurs aren’t relevant to media anyways so what good does it do??

But anyone associated with the situation or dealt with Kawhi or the camp knows the truth, but nothing will be said unless the Lakers experiment fails miserably and be will be used as the escape goat.

But it won’t fail..they’ll win and all will be forgotten. Nobody cares about Toronto or SA

Thread Information