Page 404 of 491 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454 ... LastLast
Results 10,076 to 10,100 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you had reached an agreement on a trade, could they just call up Kawhi and say we're about to do a trade, are you in? If he says "no", then you could not pull the trigger on the trade if you didn't want to. Couldn't they do something like that?
    Sure but who are they going to get exactly at this stage of the game? All of the major free agents have signed. If we are talking about another legitimate superstar they can’t make that happen right now. Nobody’s giving up a superstar anyway. At least not quickly. The Lakers have two mega superstars in waiting for him. If that’s a major priority, and he thinks the organization will let him do whatever the he wants. He’s going there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it comes down to this. If California is a priority for him, and also playing with a lot of talent, obviously he’s going to be with the Lakers. I think what’s going on is, he is extremely torn about Toronto. Mostly because they kissed his ass all season long, and let him do whatever the he wanted. I think mostly that’s what he wants in terms of the coach and management. Kiss my ass and let me do whatever the I want. Basically he wants about 25 things to sign a contract.
    Definitely possible - also it’s about how compe ive is Kawhi and does he want to be someone that rides coattails? Also does he want to be controlled by Bron? Bron runs things and Klutch. Kawhi distant third there.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i don’t blame kawhi for taking his time. the longer he waits the sweeter offers would get. just smart business tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if kawhi was an attention then he’d have social media and be using it during all this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly if I was Leonard I would sign a one-year contract with Toronto. Try to defend the championship. And that gives the Clippers one more year to get their act together, and you guys can revisit a contract next off-season. Seriously if he wanted to be a Laker so badly he would’ve signed the contract by now. The media was acting like it was a done deal. He may still go there but he is obviously very conflicted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi wants Clippers but wants a second star Clippers have to broker that trade. Say Bradley Beal for SGA/Gallo/2 1sts or something like that.
    Crazy. I think Gallo/SGA is more valuable than Beal. Dont @me.

If this is true, Dennis is playing coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly if I was Leonard I would sign a one-year contract with Toronto. Try to defend the championship. And that gives the Clippers one more year to get their act together, and you guys can revisit a contract next off-season. Seriously if he wanted to be a Laker so badly he would’ve signed the contract by now. The media was acting like it was a done deal. He may still go there but he is obviously very conflicted.
    Lots of talks online point to

1. Kawhi wants Clipps or Raps for basketball reasons

2. Uncle Dennis and his management team trying to convince him Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of talks online point to

1. Kawhi wants Clipps or Raps for basketball reasons

2. Uncle Dennis and his management team trying to convince him Lakers.
    I don’t think the Lakers is a good choice for him in anyway just because of the drama with the team. And LeBron James you don’t need to be playing with that guy. Honestly at this stage of your career you are better than he is. He’s not going anywhere for at least three more seasons. It’s not like he’s retiring at the end of next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the Lakers is a good choice for him in anyway just because of the drama with the team, and LeBron James you don’t need to be playing with that guy. Honestly at this stage of your career you are better than he is. He’s not going anywhere for at least three more seasons. It’s not like he’s retiring at the end of next year.
    Well Dennis is probably whispering dumb suff like

Popularity, this is your team etc.

We just have to hope Leonard is smart enough to realize his uncle is wrong otherwise be in a laker uniform

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if kawhi was an attention then he’d have social media and be using it during all this.
    I’m with you on that. He has a right to hear all the deals!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Dennis is probably whispering dumb suff like

Popularity, this is your team etc.

We just have to hope Leonard is smart enough to realize his uncle is wrong otherwise be in a laker uniform
    Los Angeles is Los Angeles. If Uncle Dennis is so in love with Los Angeles, the clippers should do him just fine. If he can’t get his nephew the kind of endorsements or whatever playing for the clippers as opposed to the Lakers, he really sucks at being his agent. If he goes to the Lakers I would argue he would have less opportunities off the court. The shadow of one LeBron James looms large

not going anywhere. He will be in that shadow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like was said in the viedo, he signs a two year, with the cap going up, he will be in super max range of $250,000,000 with the 10 year service contract. Toronto GM can tweek the roster later in the year. All of the players signing contracts this off season will be tradeable in Dec. The main core for them is Siakam, Ananouby, VanVleet, with Lowrey and Ibaka possibly signing short 1+1 next year to marry themselves with KL contract and have free agency flexibility in 2021. Gasol will be the trade chip with his 25 million expiring contract that could potentially help the Raptors get better in the short term.

Long term, KL gets the super max for 10 years of service, and Toronto uses that contract in a sign and trade to get assets from the team that Kawhi will go to next. Just like GS did in the Durant signing. Someone correct me, but I don't think he can get that $250,000,000 contract from anyone but Toronto. Durant didn't sign for $190 million with BRKLYN, he could only have gotten that from GS. If KL goes to Lakers or Clippers, he's potentially leaving a minimum of $110 million + on the table.

Also something that has been bugging me, his son was born in Canada. I don't think it is a major problem, but I think he is going to have to go through some hoops to ensure his son has all his potential dual citizenship paperwork in order.

I think he positions himself to maximize his money in the short and long term and that means working with the Raptors. Because he isn't going to sell enough NB in LA or get any major endorsements to make up for the short fall of potential earnings he would be walking away from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers fans getting nervous

I haven't heard anything from the same Lakers people who were planning the 2020 NBA championship parade 48 hours ago.

I don't even know what to think, tbh. Uncle Dennis didn't allow Pop to have a final meeting with Neph because Unc was scared that Pop would change Neph's mind. But now Toronto got a final meeting with Neph ... so were Uncle Dennis' fears realized and Neph has changed his mind from signing with the Lakers?

It'll be interesting.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I haven't heard anything from the same Lakers people who were planning the 2020 NBA championship parade 48 hours ago.

I don't even know what to think, tbh. Uncle Dennis didn't allow Pop to have a final meeting with Neph because Unc was scared that Pop would change Neph's mind. But now Toronto got a final meeting with Neph ... so were Uncle Dennis' fears realized and Neph has changed his mind from signing with the Lakers?

It'll be interesting.
    not nervous one bit family. All year it’s been clippers and only them. Lakers are just mentioned for clicks and views and when he stays or chooses the clippers s like you can laugh and say how he didn’t want us lol. If anything kawahi staying or with the clippers will make the league easily the most open in a long time. As a basketball fan I’m happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not nervous one bit family. All year it’s been clippers and only them. Lakers are just mentioned for clicks and views and when he stays or chooses the clippers s like you can laugh and say how he didn’t want us lol. If anything kawahi staying or with the clippers will make the league easily the most open in a long time. As a basketball fan I’m happy.
    Lakers have pinned all their hopes and dreams to this dream scenario. The team you have was basically completely gutted to land two huge superstars. If he doesn’t come, you guys do not have enough to win a championship. Not with a 35-year-old LeBron James, and Anthony Davis who last I checked in New Orleans never came close to winning jack . He’s overrated as .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Los Angeles is Los Angeles. If Uncle Dennis is so in love with Los Angeles, the clippers should do him just fine. If he can’t get his nephew the kind of endorsements or whatever playing for the clippers as opposed to the Lakers, he really sucks at being his agent. If he goes to the Lakers I would argue he would have less opportunities off the court. The shadow of one LeBron James looms large

not going anywhere. He will be in that shadow.
    There is a huge difference between the Lakers and Clippers, no one gives a about the Clippers. Even when they had Blake and CP3 the Lakers were still by far the more popular team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It'll be interesting.
    I have been thinking he would stay and do a 1&1 deal with TO, but I wonder if a short deal might be a big chance if his injury progresses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a huge difference between the Lakers and Clippers, no one gives a about the Clippers. Even when they had Blake and CP3 the Lakers were still by far the more popular team.
    They never had a player of this caliber. They never even came close to having a player of this caliber. He’s being regarded by most as the best player in the league right now. Coming off a championship. You go to the Lakers and you are in the shadow of LeBron. That’s not changing. And you can develop marketing opportunities anywhere. The Orlando Magic back in the day were a red hot marketing opportunity for two young players named Shaq and Penny Hardaway. It doesn’t have to be Los Angeles. Leonard doesn’t have any personality. That’s the bigger issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not nervous one bit family.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

It'll be interesting.
    they are on the same page.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It'll be interesting.
    I thought Pop did get a final meeting with Kawhi? The tense five minute meeting where Kawhi opened the meeting telling Pop it didn't matter what he (Pop) said, Kawhi was not signing with SA. Is this not true?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy 4th of Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It'll be interesting.
    Huh? Is this true? More details... pwease??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though Kawhi Leonard has been gone for a year, the Spurs have a lot at stake with where he signs.
    If he signs with an LA team, especially the Lakers, they’re vindicated. He would have walked away from not one, but two championship franchises and crapped all over them in the process. The Spurs can say that there was nothing they could have done and everything that happened was on Kawhi.
    But if he stays in Toronto... NBA players don’t exactly flock there. Kawhi goes back to looking like the guy who just plays basketball and cares about little else, the guy Spurs fans knew him to be before the fall of 2017. Instead of being bound and determined to bolt to LA, really he just wanted to get away from the Spurs franchise.
    Which means that somebody ed up really, really bad. Unless that person was Julianna Hawn Holt, Gregg Popovich is accountable for failing to fire whoever needed to be fired to assuage a home-grown top-3 NBA talent.
    And the Spurs start to look like a franchise that was flailing until Tim Duncan showed up, and started flailing again just one year after he retired.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Sure, but when Blake and CP0 were here, they also still had commercials all over TV on every ad break. Choosing the Clippers doesn't mean losing out on endorsement opportunities.

Thread Information