Page 451 of 491 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the time Kawhi got to Toronto he already had his mind set about going to LA. I'm talking about doing everything to keep him before he decided that. If the Spurs would have taken special care of him when things were going well, maybe the idea of going to LA would have never crossed his mind.
    Your timing is way off. He had that decided before SA traded him in 2017. Magic was trying to bend Pop over with horrible trade scenarios. Are you forgetting this, or did it just slip right by you when it happened?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know? There was talk he wasn't offered the Supermax at first, there was talk that they were trying to rush him back, there was talk that his uncle wanted a job in the FO. Spurs should have offered all that and if he said "no", then all good, they did everything they could and he would have been the one looking like the bad guy leaving.
    Toronto did everything they could afford and still Kawhi quit on them.
    The bad guy did what he wanted to do all the time. He broke free from his contract responsibilites and went to play bball in LA.
    Really this thing reminds me a situation when pretty girl broke up with you and you still can't forget her. You keep asking yourself - what could I do to convince her to stay? Maybe if she became the mistress and I would be her slave, maybe then she would love me? Maybe if I let her sleep with someone else on Saturdays, maybe then she would have been with me...
    I'm glad the Spurs have some self-respect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your timing is way off. He had that decided before SA traded him in 2017. Magic was trying to bend Pop over with horrible trade scenarios. Are you forgetting this, or did it just slip right by you when it happened?
    I didn't say Kawhi made his mind about going to LA WHEN he got to Toronto. I said "by the time" he got there. Meaning he had that idea since before getting there. How much before? I didn't specify, so I don't know why you jumped at me like that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto did everything they could afford and still Kawhi quit on them.
    The bad guy did what he wanted to do all the time. He broke free from his contract responsibilites and went to play bball in LA.
    Really this thing reminds me a situation when pretty girl broke up with you and you still can't forget her. You keep asking yourself - what could I do to convince her to stay? Maybe if she became the mistress and I would be her slave, maybe then she would love me? Maybe if I let her sleep with someone else on Saturdays, maybe then she would have been with me...
    I'm glad the Spurs have some self-respect
    I've been saying this since last year it sounds really pathetic. The same people saying give Kawhi anything he wants and bend over backwards for him are probably the same people who criticize Lebron and Rich Paul.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the time Kawhi got to Toronto he already had his mind set about going to LA. I'm talking about doing everything to keep him before he decided that. If the Spurs would have taken special care of him when things were going well, maybe the idea of going to LA would have never crossed his mind.
    Well, we could ask Di Caprio from Inception to get into Kawhi's head and erase his memories and intentions about LA.
    Or kidnap uncle Dennis so Pop would become Kawhi's second stepfather whom Nephew would obey. Uncle Pop.
    At least we could give the entire organization to uncle Dennis. Then each time entering AT&T Center we could see extremely big portrait of laughing Robertson's face on the wall. Disgusting. But some people would want to bow to their king.
    The problem is that even the more power you give to undignified people, the more they'll use it against you. Nothing would have changed.
    So water is wet. Sun always shines. Pop is old and loves Patty. Kawhi is gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way they would've been able to keep him is if he never made the leap he made. If he remained a poor man's Pippen instead of turning into Kawhichael. Once the group realized how good he was, him and Uncle wanted more. A brand, a player agency, signature shoe deals, commercials, etc. You can't really do that in SA.

Turns out he was never really humble/quiet because that all went out the window as soon as his game went to the next level. San Antonio was never the perfect match for him everyone thought it was. He wanted a big market just like 99% of all superstars.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make no mistake about it, Kawhi, with the help of his uncle, has become an absolute -ass diva. The thing is that he is so good that the Spurs should have catered to his -ass diva demands anyway.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow espn stole the same vid idea from an unkmown youtuber who posted similar contrnt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow espn stole the same vid idea from an unkmown youtuber who posted similar contrnt
    Uh, Leonard's pull-up game has been a part of his arsenal since his time here & Goldsberry spent time here under Pop (in an analytics capacity). So, him making this video (or the previous YouTube creator) isn't surprising.

Doesn't mean it is a case of plagiarism, but maybe just 2 "content creators" having similar points (about his game and skill).

Also, it is hilarious that people, especially on ST, rag on DeRozan/Aldridge for having mid - range "centric" games. Yet, Leonard is a player that relies heavily on that part of the floor too (not to the same degree as the two current Spurs).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naw, Nephew was always going to LA. I don't think the Spurs bending over him was ever gonna change that. He just won a championship with Toronto (still would have gotten his endorsements) and still bailed on them. I could believe that the Spurs had to be blamed for it if he stayed with Toronto. He took less money to even go to LA, it was always about going there.

It's just awful his play on the court is too good and our team got screwed over cause of his bad at ude.
    I think u guys say that to make it seem inevitable... But the reality is he didn't mind being a spur... But once it reach a point where he didn't wanna be a spur anymore, it wasn't about being on any other team... It was about going home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, Leonard's pull-up game has been a part of his arsenal since his time here & Goldsberry spent time here under Pop (in an analytics capacity). So, him making this video (or the previous YouTube creator) isn't surprising.

Doesn't mean it is a case of plagiarism, but maybe just 2 "content creators" having similar points (about his game and skill).

Also, it is hilarious that people, especially on ST, rag on DeRozan/Aldridge for having mid - range "centric" games. Yet, Leonard is a player that relies heavily on that part of the floor too (not to the same degree as the two current Spurs).
    Kawhi can hit threes at a very good clip... No one gives a if LMA and DDR camp at the three point line

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I think u guys say that to make it seem inevitable... But the reality is he didn't mind being a spur... But once it reach a point where he didn't wanna be a spur anymore, it wasn't about being on any other team... It was about going home
    Disagreed. He left Toronto after winning a championship there which goes to show how much he & Uncle Dennis wanted to go back to LA. That was their endgame. He's now making New Balance and Terminator commercials and it's only been a week into the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he'll break his hip this season... kawhi!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs created a monster. I'm just glad he's in over the Lakers and Warriors. At least he's doing it to our most hated teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make no mistake about it, Kawhi, with the help of his uncle, has become an absolute -ass diva. The thing is that he is so good that the Spurs should have catered to his -ass diva demands anyway.
    He’s bot a diva, he’s just a current gen player

Organizations must adapt to newer generations, it’s bot the other way around

Warriors, Clippers, Raptors understood that

Spurms are just run by a bunch of old white men who run on Pepto Bismol tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi can hit threes at a very good clip... No one gives a if LMA and DDR camp at the three point line
    No . He still is predominantly a midrange, scoISO Scorer, though.

Never said either guy was as versatile scorer or efficient from 3-point range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s bot a diva, he’s just a current gen player

Organizations must adapt to newer generations, it’s bot the other way around

Warriors, Clippers, Raptors understood that

Spurms are just run by a bunch of old white men who run on Pepto Bismol tbh
    Shut the up.

You sound so stupid when all those teams, and many more, strive to have the Spurs' culture and continuity.

Nah, instead pander to "modern stars," end up with no les & a ed cap situation......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut the up.

You sound so stupid when all those teams, and many more, strive to have the Spurs' culture and continuity.

Nah, instead pander to "modern stars," end up with no les & a ed cap situation......
    Sperms authoritarian culture is outdated, old man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut the up.

You sound like a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut the up.

Additionally, small markets can't even "pander" to them even if they wanted to. What most of these gots want can really only be offered by the big markets. That's why they all flock there.

If you're not one of the big markets building a culture is absolutely the better route than pandering.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares. Terminator has been trash franchise for years at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well what more were the spurs exactly supposed to do with him? They had handed him the keys to the franchise. He was the number one guy. He was going to get a massive Supermax contract. The team was being built around him. His last full season with the team we went to the conference finals. What else is there? I’m not about kissing every little inch of somebody’s ass just hang onto them. Not when Tim Duncan was our superstar for 20 years. And then David Robinson before that. This dude made up his mind about going to LA years before it happened. If winning a championship in Toronto was not enough to get him to stay put. Nothing was going to get him to stay put.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares. Terminator has been trash franchise for years at this point.
    This

Thread Information