Page 468 of 491 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478 ... LastLast
Results 11,676 to 11,700 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those grapes were sour anyway.

He wasn't a high school dropout. He tried to change the NBA draft eligibility rules to go pro after his Jr. but was denied. He was good enough academically to be offered a football scholarship by ND. With St. Vincent-St. Mary being a private school. If he's had handlers I want them as financial advisers. He was the NCAA's worst nightmare (something that rankles college basketball fans to this day. And more than a few NBA fans because he brought self determination to the league). Refusing to be used without compensation. There was the new Hummer 2 controversy with Mom getting a loan based on his future earning power. There was the acceptance of throwback jerseys for $845 for posing for pictures. Stripped of eligibility by the Ohio high school authorities. Appealed and had it reduced to 2 games. Went on to win another state le and thumbed his nose at the NCAA again by making it impossible for any school to sign him by participating in more than 2 all-star games (an asinine rule).

His media and financial dealing make what Kawhi and Uncle Dennis did seem like playing with building blocks in comparison. These guys are media savvy. Phony as it seems its also smart. His "no load management" sermon scratches a lot of folks right where they itch at this time.
    Lebron’s “media savvy” fortune will be up in crack smoke once his family runs through it. I wonder if he still calls delonte west Dad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Kawhi wasnt traded, and is light one raptor ring, would he still get his clippers spot? I think so. If he gave the same effort last year with the Spurs we probably don't win, but Leonard still commands the max. Maybe the clippers don't get Paul George, but the consolation is playing with Shai Alexander for a year and seeking a super team next year.

If he stayed, he could have negotiated pops retirement, picked his coach, and probably GM.

Kawhi would be ahead nearly any way the dice rolled and his chosen path was pretty risky given the injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Kawhi wasnt traded, and is light one raptor ring, would he still get his clippers spot? I think so. If he gave the same effort last year with the Spurs we probably don't win, but Leonard still commands the max. Maybe the clippers don't get Paul George, but the consolation is playing with Shai Alexander for a year and seeking a super team next year.

If he stayed, he could have negotiated pops retirement, picked his coach, and probably GM.

Kawhi would be ahead nearly any way the dice rolled and his chosen path was pretty risky given the injury.
    He wouldn't have played any more last year for SA than he did the year before. The Group had pretty much let PATFO know that he was going to sit again if he wasn't traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn't have played any more last year for SA than he did the year before. The Group had pretty much let PATFO know that he was going to sit again if he wasn't traded.
    He'd play enough to get the max I think and maybe not one minute more. The league would get involved if he didn't.

It's odd to play game theory with nephew when we don't know his motivations, was it moving to LA, or rebuking the Spurs.

I think my point is to show Leonard wasn't just trying to move to LA but also have malice to SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd play enough to get the max I think and maybe not one minute more. The league would get involved if he didn't.

It's odd to play game theory with nephew when we don't know his motivations, was it moving to LA, or rebuking the Spurs.

I think my point is to show Leonard wasn't just trying to move to LA but also have malice to SA.
    Both of those point to him sitting out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron thinks he's a too: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/le-bron...144340274.html

-“Why wouldn’t I play if I’m healthy? It doesn’t make any sense to me, personally. I mean, I don’t know how many games I’ve left in my career. I don’t know how many kids that may show up to a game that are there to see me play.”
    LeBron has load managed many times during his career tho! How does the media not call him out on it? When Lue load managed him there were many segments on ESPN where ppl were mad...I think even Shaq or Kenny were bashing him because of it...now he wants to pretend he never did it? Kawhi got something for him when the playoffs come...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron has load managed many times during his career tho! How does the media not call him out on it? When Lue load managed him there were many segments on ESPN where ppl were mad...I think even Shaq or Kenny were bashing him because of it...now he wants to pretend he never did it? Kawhi got something for him when the playoffs come...
    LBJ 17 seasons 13 > 70 games at 38.5 minutes/Game (includes this year on pace to easily get > 70 games)
    Neph 9 seasons 2> 70 games at 30.9 minutes/game (includes this year- not on pace for 70 games)

To be fair there was on season with 66 games only and Kawhi played 64

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LBJ 17 seasons 13 > 70 games at 38.5 minutes/Game (includes this year on pace to easily get > 70 games)
    Neph 9 seasons 2> 70 games at 30.9 minutes/game (includes this year- not on pace for 70 games)

kawhis rookie year. maybe if there was only that many games per year he would play that many each year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LeBron played 62/66 that year, so that's pretty much a wash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhis rookie year. maybe if there was only that many games per year he would play that many each year?
    LeBron played 62/66 that year, so that's pretty much a wash.
    Another way to look at it,
    The most minutes nephew has played in a season is 2474
    LBJ has exceeded that 14 of 16 seasons.
    LBJ has played a lot of minutes. He has earned the right to critique.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If I started a new fan site, and TIMVP would agree to transfer this thread there, would you just ing leave? You could be moderator, and delete any posts that didn't slurp Kawhi enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron’s “media savvy” fortune will be up in crack smoke once his family runs through it. I wonder if he still calls delonte west Dad.
    Why do you care?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, it’s ok to load manage if you are an older player or injury prone. When Tim, Tony, and Manu were younger, they didn’t load manage. They did it when they were older.

I’m fine with Kawhi load managing if he’ll admit the Spurs were right and his injury is degenerative. But if he’s going to lie and say that he’s saving his body for the playoffs, then I’m all for LeBron calling him out.

Load managers like that don’t deserve to be in the MVP consideration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn who’s ready to watch some kawhi today

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Root for Lebron or Nephew?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi obviously. never in my life would I root for le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m fine with Kawhi load managing if he’ll admit the Spurs were right and his injury is degenerative. ...
    The Spurs never actually said that (not that it matters.) Most of what's posted around here, about Leonard's health, is the diagnosis of Dr. Spurstalk.

It's all by-the-way unless the Spurs meet the Clippers in the playoffs, which is looking rather doubtful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put me in the never neph camp.

That's not to say I'm "rooting" for the Fakers, but given their opponent, I'll take them in a lesser of two evils sort of way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs never actually said that (not that it matters.) Most of what's posted around here, about Leonard's health, is the diagnosis of Dr. Spurstalk.

It's all by-the-way unless the Spurs meet the Clippers in the playoffs, which is looking rather doubtful.
    Umm didnt the Spurs say he had tendinopathy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meanwhile our whack job “team leader” posts “isolated thinking” on his insta story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meanwhile our whack job “team leader” posts “isolated thinking” on his insta story
    You are getting grouchy today, maybe you should replenish your Neph Nog shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are getting grouchy today, maybe you should replenish your Neph Nog shots.
    are you gonna make the game thread or do you want me to do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm didnt the Spurs say he had tendinopathy?
    Yes, but tendinopathy is a blanket term that pretty much just means "something wrong with the tendon." The Spurs docs never called it "degenerative tendinopathy" as far as I know. There are kinds of tendinopathy that heal completely.

I think the Spurs docs must have seen it as a kind that should heal, or they wouldn't have cleared him in December. If they'd seen it as something that wouldn't heal by itself I think they would have recommended surgery, to get the crud out, and lay the foundation for proper healing.

Of course the Spurs docs didn't get a chance for a thorough followup since he flew the coop to NY. But still, the NY docs didn't do surgery either, we know. And the last I noticed, the Clippers were speaking of a "knee" problem. So wtf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you gonna make the game thread or do you want me to do it?
    We need Amused to make a Fakers - Clippers game thread. With "blessings" for the health of both Leonard and LeBron.

Hey, Amused, you around?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put me in the never neph camp.

That's not to say I'm "rooting" for the Fakers, but given their opponent, I'll take them in a lesser of two evils sort of way.
    Bobo says 'Joyeux Noel!'

Thread Information