Page 54 of 491 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. The Fakers got crushed.

2. The Faker fans were disappointed that they didn't get to see Kawhi vs LeBron.

Luck the Fakers. It's all good.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The Raptors are now what the Spurs looked like in 2012-14

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They may be lucky to have DD but they're goiing to waste the next three years of his prime witb the PATFO's brutal roster construction and DD will be another disgruntled star player who doesn't want to be here and Spurs fans will blame the location and market size per the usual.
    You could very well be right. One thing the Spurs can't keep doing is bringing in old guys whose career's are basically over and pay them star salaries and we then load up on one position and none of the four or five are real starters but, guys who can help get us into the first round but, get their asses handed to them if we make it to the 2nd round. I'd like to see both DW and LW 4 get real playing time when they come back to see if they are true keepers or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They may be lucky to have DD but they're going to waste the next three years of his prime witb the PATFO's brutal roster construction and DD will be another disgruntled star player who doesn't want to be here and Spurs fans will blame the location and market size per the usual.
    Spurs are not going to win a le in the next 3 years anyways the way things are set up. If Derozan decides to leave in 3 years I would be fine with it and understand why. Just like always a desperate pathetic troll look for a new shtick.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Spurs are not going to win a le in the next 3 years anyways the way things are set up. If Derozan decides to leave in 3 years I would be fine with it and understand why. Just like always a desperate pathetic troll look for a new shtick.
    It would be very selfish of Pop and the FO to keep him around three years on fringe playoff team while chewing up three years of his prime. Pop needs to pick a lane already. Either keep DD and build a compe ive roster around his star or trade him for lottery picks BEFORE the Spurs lose leverage. I don't really expect the Patfo to do the right thing though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be very selfish of Pop and the FO to keep him around three years on fringe playoff team while chewing up three years of his prime. Pop needs to pick a lane already. Either keep DD and build a compe ive roster around his star or trade him for lottery picks BEFORE the Spurs lose leverage. I don't really expect the Patfo to do the right thing though.
    Again who gives a . Your not a Spurs fan. Like I said before you are a troll trying desperately to find a new shtick.

If the Spurs are a fringe playoff team the next few years then so be it. It's still better than being a lottery team like you are suggesting. Demar is not a victim here. He still gets paid a ton of money and if he doesn't like it he's free to leave in a few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he never is the last 3 games he sat out. I don't like that tbh.
    This is ridiculous. I've never seen a "star" not support his teammates when he's "hurt." It pissed me off last year, more than any of his other antics. Unless an injury dictates he can't sit, then why can't he sit for a couple hours, clap a few times, and pretend he cares about his team?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Again who gives a . Your not a Spurs fan. Like I said before you are a troll trying desperately to find a new shtick.

If the Spurs are a fringe playoff team the next few years then so be it. It's still better than being a lottery team like you are suggesting. Demar is not a victim here. He still gets paid a ton of money and if he doesn't like it he's free to leave in a few years.

DD is a victim here. He never wanted to leave Toronto. He went from a championship caliber team to a fringe playoff contender, only if a few playoff contenders the bed. And now, he's stuck with a hapless FO that's content with mediocre and a player who's in the middle of his prime wanting to contend for a championship. It's better to cash in your chips for lottery balls now rather than getting slapped out of the first round of the playoffs, assuming they're that lucky followed by the next 5-10 years of lottery ball. Pop is more worried about his legacy than he is about the future of the team.

And YOU should give a if you call yourself a Spurs fan.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 11-05-2018 at 01:01 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DD is a victim here. He never wanted to leave Toronto. He went from a championship caliber team to a fringe playoff contender, only if a few playoff contenders the bed. And now, he's stuck with a hapless FO that's content with mediocre and a player who's in the middle of his prime wanting to contend for a championship. It's better to cash in your chips for lottery balls now rather than getting slapped out of the first round of the playoffs, assuming they're that lucky followed by the next 5-10 years of lottery ball. Pop is more worried about his legacy than he is about the future of the team.
    at your desperate trolling. Who cares like I said before your not a Spurs fan. None of this should bother you.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    at your desperate trolling. Who cares like I said before your not a Spurs fan. None of this should bother you.
    It should bother YOU and it doesn't. That's the scary part.

Also, this is the United States of America. I can be whatever I want to be, when I want to be and without your approval.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 11-05-2018 at 01:08 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should bother YOU and it doesn't That's the scary part.
    No it doesn't since I have been a fan of the Spurs since '94. I was a kid when I first became a fan and lived through the heart breaks of the Spurs losing to the Jazz and Rockets from '94-'98. I remember experiencing the horrible '96-'97 season and thinking at the time the Spurs were a million miles away from ever winning a le. Spur lucked out and got Duncan and the rest was history. I never took it for granted when the Spurs won les during the Duncan era because I knew how hard they were to get. I got to see the Spurs win 5 les in my lifetime that's more than many other fan bases will ever experience. To put it in perspective my younger brother is a Knicks fan who would just kill to have 1 le. I'm set for life with the 5 les the Spurs have won. Anything else afterwards would be gravy. If the Spurs never win another le again in my remaining lifetime I would be fine granted I hope that won't be the case.

You are just a dip troll that needs to rub salt in people's faces 24/7. You are a sadist at heart. Last year was awesome year for you with the Kawhi fiasco but you are running out of to rile people up about. This year the majority of Spur fans have pretty much accepted that this team is not a contender. So what's the point of freaking out about this team losing? I'm sure you will bring up how great Toronto is doing this year over a million times but it won't mean if Toronto doesn't win the le this year.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    No it doesn't since I have been a fan of the Spurs since '94. I was a kid when I first became a fan and lived through the heart breaks of the Spurs losing to the Jazz and Rockets from '94-'98. I remember experiencing the horrible '96-'97 season and thinking at the time the Spurs were a million miles away from ever winning a le. Spur lucked out and got Duncan and the rest was history. I never took it for granted when the Spurs won les during the Duncan era because I knew how hard they were to get. I got to see the Spurs win 5 les in my lifetime that's more than many other fan bases will ever experience. To put it in perspective my younger brother is a Knicks fan who would just kill to have 1 le. I'm set for life with the 5 les the Spurs have won. Anything else afterwards would be gravy. If the Spurs never win another le again in my remaining lifetime I would be fine granted I hope that won't be the case.

You are just a dip troll that needs to rub salt in people's faces 24/7. You are a sadist at heart. Last year was awesome year for you with the Kawhi fiasco but you are running out of to rile people up about. This year the majority of Spur fans have pretty much accepted that this team is not a contender. So what's the point of freaking out about this team losing? I'm sure you will bring up how great Toronto is doing this year over a million times but it won't mean if Toronto doesn't win the le this year.
    You think you've had it rough? Trying living through the great depression. When I was a kid, I didn't have transportation to school, I had to walk 2 miles barefoot in the snow. There was no internet, cell phone or HD TV to follow my favorite sports teams. I had two choices, I could attend the live sporting event in person or I could purchase something called a newspaper for a nickel. In the 60's, I became a fan of the Dallas Chaperalls and to a lesser extent the Kentucky Co!onels of the ABA. In that time, I became a huge fan of Charles Beasley and Bob Verga. And like you, I was very upset in 72-73 when the Chaps missed the playoffs but the following year, the Chaps moved to San Antonio and the Virginia Squires sold us Gervin for a mere $228, 000. The ABA tried to block the trade like the NBA did with CP3 however, the Spurs won in court and the franchise was changed forever.

A couple of years later, the ABA/NBA merger happened and a lot of people including myself were disappointed because we felt the ABA was just about ready to take off. And Yeah, there were some playoff disapppointments and no championships but it was more FO thing than Gervin. When your second and third best players on the team are Larry Kenon and Billy Paultz, you know your up s creek without a paddle. So don't tell me about disappointments in the 90's you sanctimonious mook. At least, you had players like Sean Elliott, Vinnie Del Negro and Terry mings surrounding David Robinson. We would have killed for that type of talent in the 70's and early 80's.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 11-05-2018 at 03:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They may be lucky to have DD but they're goiing to waste the next three years of his prime witb the PATFO's brutal roster construction and DD will be another disgruntled star player who doesn't want to be here and Spurs fans will blame the location and market size per the usual.
    Sure, Cleo. Can you get me Tuesday night's lotto numbers too, please?

And calling one of the best front offices in NBA history "inept" constantly doesn't make it so. Do they make mistakes and sign/draft the wrong player? Sure, but they've also acquired/drafted 4 hall of fame caliber players and built an organization that every other team (including Golden State) aspires to be.

"Brutal roster construction" with limited resources ("poorest" owners in the NBA), annually drafting in the 20's and in a small media market. The Grizzlies, Hawks, Kings, Magic and Thunder sure did capitalize on their talent pool to come away with 0 championships......
    Last edited by J_Paco; 11-05-2018 at 03:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he even on the bench??
    Think of a made quitter cancer teammate and then give what you think the answer to this question is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is ridiculous. I've never seen a "star" not support his teammates when he's "hurt." It pissed me off last year, more than any of his other antics. Unless an injury dictates he can't sit, then why can't he sit for a couple hours, clap a few times, and pretend he cares about his team?
    Me first at ude. KL is never about his team-mates.. It's always about himself. This is getting more and more obvious.

I think you can do that in golf (Tiger Woods) or tennis (Djokovic). But in Bball,, it is inexcusable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has a degenerative disease and the Spurs medical staff figured it out last year. His group didn't like the findings, which is why they looked for other doctors for a second opinion. Kawhi's group also decided to burn bridges with North America's most respected franchise and find the supermax deal elsewhere. Toronto is dumb enough to trade their greatest player in DD and when everything's said and done, RC pulled another miracle out of this debacle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even so, the roster construction sucks, where you pay a lot for players who do not have the physical or technical capacity (or both) to contribute to good teams.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard is leaving few clues about his upcoming free agency

LOS ANGELES -- When Kawhi Leonard was a kid growing up in Southern California, he was surrounded by Los Angeles Lakers fans. His adolescence matched the heyday of Kobe Bryant's tenure with the franchise, and his family -- like so many others in Riverside and other parts of the Inland Empire where he grew up -- was full of devoted followers of the purple and gold.

Leonard, though, wasn't one of them.

"I wasn't at all," Leonard said Saturday. "My family was, but I wasn't.

"I liked Allen Iverson, I was an A.I. fan, so I didn't like the Lakers."

It was a throwaway line at the end of a short, perfunctory postpractice interview -- one that, like virtually every such session Leonard is a part of, he dutifully worked to end as quickly as he could. But it also was a small window into the mindset Leonard has employed as he has lifted himself from being a high school star plying his trade 60 miles east of Los Angeles into the sport's best two-way wing player.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rd-summer-2019

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KL is the general manager of the Toronto Raptors this year - just like I posted previously. What a tool the Nephew is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a great basketball player, garbage and almost sad excuse of a man though. It is what it is I guess.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard is leaving few clues about his upcoming free agency

LOS ANGELES -- When Kawhi Leonard was a kid growing up in Southern California, he was surrounded by Los Angeles Lakers fans. His adolescence matched the heyday of Kobe Bryant's tenure with the franchise, and his family -- like so many others in Riverside and other parts of the Inland Empire where he grew up -- was full of devoted followers of the purple and gold.

Leonard, though, wasn't one of them.

"I wasn't at all," Leonard said Saturday. "My family was, but I wasn't.

"I liked Allen Iverson, I was an A.I. fan, so I didn't like the Lakers."

It was a throwaway line at the end of a short, perfunctory postpractice interview -- one that, like virtually every such session Leonard is a part of, he dutifully worked to end as quickly as he could. But it also was a small window into the mindset Leonard has employed as he has lifted himself from being a high school star plying his trade 60 miles east of Los Angeles into the sport's best two-way wing player.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rd-summer-2019
    Except Kawhi DID root for Kobe and Shaq growing up:

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-new...s-kobe-bryant/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don’t understand the logic of letting him walk over a no trade clause. He has already shown money isn’t the highest priority. If he signs with Toronto he probably wants to play atleast another partial year there. No one wants to go to Toronto. By retaining him as an asset, you could get something back for him like Ingram or Kuzma in a trade. Maybe draft picks.
    A no trade allows him to refuse any trade that he doesn't want, which would be anything outside of LA. Imagine last year if we had already paid him, and didn't have the Toronto option on the table...

I'm not going to pay him the SuperMax for a partial year of causing problems. You're all in without a no trade, or you can take that reduced ing contract which is all that the LA teams can offer, and lose more money that you already have. Toronto has decisions to make, and they're predicated on Kawhi staying or going, not sitting on the fence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think you've had it rough? Trying living through the great depression. When I was a kid, I didn't have transportation to school, I had to walk 2 miles barefoot in the snow. There was no internet, cell phone or HD TV to follow my favorite sports teams. I had two choices, I could attend the live sporting event in person or I could purchase something called a newspaper for a nickel. In the 60's, I became a fan of the Dallas Chaperalls and to a lesser extent the Kentucky Co!onels of the ABA. In that time, I became a huge fan of Charles Beasley and Bob Verga. And like you, I was very upset in 72-73 when the Chaps missed the playoffs but the following year, the Chaps moved to San Antonio and the Virginia Squires sold us Gervin for a mere $228, 000. The ABA tried to block the trade like the NBA did with CP3 however, the Spurs won in court and the franchise was changed forever.

A couple of years later, the ABA/NBA merger happened and a lot of people including myself were disappointed because we felt the ABA was just about ready to take off. And Yeah, there were some playoff disapppointments and no championships but it was more FO thing than Gervin. When your second and third best players on the team are Larry Kenon and Billy Paultz, you know your up s creek without a paddle. So don't tell me about disappointments in the 90's you sanctimonious mook. At least, you had players like Sean Elliott, Vinnie Del Negro and Terry mings surrounding David Robinson. We would have killed for that type of talent in the 70's and early 80's.
    You must be as old as I am! lots of parallels. I followed the Kentucky Colonels and Dallas Chaps, too. You gave me a swift trip down memory Lane. Wow, the Whopper!

I loved Ron Boone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has a degenerative disease and the Spurs medical staff figured it out last year. His group didn't like the findings, which is why they looked for other doctors for a second opinion. Kawhi's group also decided to burn bridges with North America's most respected franchise and find the supermax deal elsewhere. Toronto is dumb enough to trade their greatest player in DD and when everything's said and done, RC pulled another miracle out of this debacle.
    is this even true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this even true
    It was reported that the Spurs said he had degenerative tendonitis that he would have to play with for the rest of his career. However Kawhi's camp took it as an excuse for the Spurs not to offer him the supermax and went to 8 different doctors to find an alternative diagnosis. 10 games into the season and with him already missing 3 of them, it's clear there is something still iffy about him.

Thread Information