Page 55 of 491 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 12267
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard is leaving few clues about his upcoming free agency

LOS ANGELES -- When Kawhi Leonard was a kid growing up in Southern California, he was surrounded by Los Angeles Lakers fans. His adolescence matched the heyday of Kobe Bryant's tenure with the franchise, and his family -- like so many others in Riverside and other parts of the Inland Empire where he grew up -- was full of devoted followers of the purple and gold.

Leonard, though, wasn't one of them.

"I wasn't at all," Leonard said Saturday. "My family was, but I wasn't.

"I liked Allen Iverson, I was an A.I. fan, so I didn't like the Lakers."

It was a throwaway line at the end of a short, perfunctory postpractice interview -- one that, like virtually every such session Leonard is a part of, he dutifully worked to end as quickly as he could. But it also was a small window into the mindset Leonard has employed as he has lifted himself from being a high school star plying his trade 60 miles east of Los Angeles into the sport's best two-way wing player.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rd-summer-2019
    I do kind of think the whole "fan" of a "team" thing is overrated. The NBA doesn't sell teams, it sells star players. And its match ups no longer involve team rivalries. Now its all about stars. So the only relevance of the Lakers to Kawhi is probably that it is a professional team in his hometown. No different than the Clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this even true
    It's true in the SpursTalk sense. No need to get technical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Kawhi is getting media training. I think he got media training by his uncle and his group last year. Everything he said in that 1 interview he did where they asked him about the "injury" seemed like he practiced it. They have him say these things on purpose

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto performing well might cost someone in LA his job. Matter of passing the blame around.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    lol am i tripping or do i distinctly remember this guy talking about how he grew up watching and idolizing the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over and under this plays 65 games this season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over and under this plays 65 games this season?
    I will take the under.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will take the under.
    If the current paradigm continues, missing 3 of 10, he won’t even play 60 games. Under, FTW.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    no kawhi again, wtf?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    he’s listed as out with “left foot soreness”.

i wonder if it’s tendiopathy management...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s lazy
    no kawhi again, wtf?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was reported that the Spurs said he had degenerative tendonitis that he would have to play with for the rest of his career. However Kawhi's camp took it as an excuse for the Spurs not to offer him the supermax and went to 8 different doctors to find an alternative diagnosis. 10 games into the season and with him already missing 3 of them, it's clear there is something still iffy about him.
    he’s listed as out with “left foot soreness”.

i wonder if it’s tendiopathy management...
    Possible.

With tendiopathy its generally a play through pain scenario. The spurs tried their best to keep leonard and this was their medical solution. Which is is fine if he really does have degenrative tendiopathy.

Most medical journals suggest excercise and gradual increase of excercise is the best way to "treat" tendiopathy. Its not treatble but its about pain tolerance.

The spurs believed they can get him to 100% by making leonard accept the pain tolerance associated with tendiopathy.

Leonard and camp believe resting will solve it.

Most journals ive read so far suggest its not a treatable injury though and leonard will have to learn how to play with pain or he will never be the same again

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol Skip calling Kawhi a headcase again for not playing yesterday vs Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not surprised he's not playing, I'm surprised people here are still talking about him. I don't have anything against Toronto fans, they are pretty cool, I just think he's not to be trusted and I'm super glad he's not here. If we aren't suing him it's not news to me. Of course he's sitting out and he's not sitting behind the team...he's bad news.

He's not called Number 2 for nothing!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not surprised he's not playing, I'm surprised people here are still talking about him. I don't have anything against Toronto fans, they are pretty cool, I just think he's not to be trusted and I'm super glad he's not here. If we aren't suing him it's not news to me. Of course he's sitting out and he's not sitting behind the team...he's bad news.

He's not called Number 2 for nothing!
    True. The Kwitter has personal agenda.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can afford to sit as much as he wants during the RS, this Raptors team is frightening..

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He can afford to sit as much as he wants during the RS, this Raptors team is frightening..
    Remember when the Jazz were considered a top three team in the west? Good times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not doing himself any favours though. If he keeps this "rest 1 out of every 3 games" routine, more and more teams will start asking serious questions about his health and whether or not he's Indeed worth of getting franchise player money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Health-wise he’s done and his camp knows it. His only goal for now is to sign a supermax with any team, play a bunch of games, and a call it a career before the season ends.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Health-wise he’s done and his camp knows it. His only goal for now is to sign a supermax with any team, play a bunch of games, and a call it a career before the season ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: NBA execs believe Kawhi Leonard prefers Clippers over joining LeBron James on Lakers

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nba-...032653770.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude just doesnt care about winning anymore. He's got one le and now he's going for personal achievements rather than team ones. He sits out without consulting the coach, he doesn't sit on the bench for his team when he isn't even injured (bc according to his camp its injury prevention lol), and he wont shut down any of these rumors of free agency. Great teammate tbh

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    kawhis wall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine paying this idiot 220 million for only playing 60-70% of the games. Spurs were smart not to offer him the supermax and if he doesn't play enough games to get All-NBA/DPOY considerations he won't be eligable for it next year either

Thread Information