Page 118 of 491 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 12267
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The drama begins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the same salty gots in this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm anxious to see how he & Pop will interact given their not so subtle shots at each other earlier this season.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm anxious to see how he & Pop will interact given their not so subtle shots at each other earlier this season.
    The way I remember it, Pop was taking the shots and Kawhi was defending himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I remember it, Pop was taking the shots and Kawhi was defending himself.
    Before that Kawhi stated how he loves how Nick Nurse puts in positions to succeed be more free & take advantage of mismatches, Pop then responded how he loves to coach DDR because he's a grown man or something along those lines IIRC.

Edit: these were really the subtle shots before the not so subtle shots recently.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, Pop’s leadership comments were surprising

Really nervous about Thursday’s game, fortunately Raptors have been in a funk but Kawhi can single handedly beat us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Kawhi, but there's nothing wrong with his passing skills. He's a very good playmaker for others and could rack up much more assists if he wanted to.

If he wanted to.

But he never has. He's just so efficient and effective that he probably thinks he might as well take the shots, the points will count the same. And I think he's right. He could have passed to Aldridge in the pick-and-roll so much more than he did, because Aldridge was open and available for the mid-range so much more than his shot attempts logged. But Kawhi didn't want to pass to Aldridge that much and took the shots even when doubled and still made his shots.

And it never bothered me because he still won so many defensive possessions. As long as he was defending, I didn't mind if he ignored open teammates because the team was still scoring. Maybe it irked his teammates, maybe it didn't serve them well as far as getting into a rhythm, but if they really wanted more shots they could win defensive possessions and generate takeaways and get their shots that way.

Kawhi is a perfectly fine passer, he's just chilling getting his.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is obviously a great player. Anybody saying otherwise is just bitter or trolling. But he also does have real faults to his game as of now. His passing his subpar which fits with the fact that he's not a playmaker for his teammates. But the dude played PF and Center growing up. He's never going to be a point forward like Lebron. He's never going to average 6 assists a game. It's not his game. He doesn't have the feel or the know how for it and that's ok. But at the same time, that is a weakness that can be exploited. Will he set up his teammates against us or will he go Kawhiso? Also How much do Kawhi's teammates care about his revenge game? As far as I know only Danny Green really cares about it. Does he have the relationship with his team to get them hyped for this game? Idk the answer to that. But if we double team him all night and don't let Danny have any space, I like our chances against the Raptors. I'm more afraid of Ibaka and Danny tbh bc Ibaka always hits against us and Danny is probably salty. Kawhi is playing this year for Kawhi and that's just part of the territory for having a breakup with a franchise. We sent him to ing Siberia. He isn't happy there and he doesn't see his girl and his son all the time either. He wants out. He has to wait a year to get what he wants and we are the reason why. He isn't passing be the ball all game
    He was shooting 16/22 so he probably didn't need to pass alot. But granted once he learns how to use the defense's attention to him to create easy opportunities for his team that will take his game to another level.

He can still develop it. Durant for his first few seasons was probably an even worse passer but now he averages 5+ assists easily.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is playing great but he quit on his team, period.

Danny Green is the only one who merits any respect on Thursday.

Kawhi - he is a little and his behavior and his malingering gotness will never be forgiven by true Spurs fans.
    All Kawhi had to do was play out his contract and then just choose another team as a free agent. It would have still sucked to lose a great player but it would have been understood and respected that he honored his contract and just chose to play elsewhere.

To collect 18 million for running around with a got posse and working out in secret and hiding from the team paying you 18 million and not having the decency to even support your team on the bench at playoff games is unforgiveable.

I have zero respect for this piece of . Sure, he is a great player but I see zero character and honor in him and will be shocked if he rings again - although who knows - this is the new NBA where gotness seems to be the norm now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy , 44 on 72.7% shooting
    and no 3pt...modern MJ (still a )
    Last edited by r0drig0lac; 01-02-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sister confirmed kahwi is playing Thursday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure he’s now in San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is playing great but he quit on his team, period.

Danny Green is the only one who merits any respect on Thursday.

Kawhi - he is a little and his behavior and his malingering gotness will never be forgiven by true Spurs fans.
    All Kawhi had to do was play out his contract and then just choose another team as a free agent. It would have still sucked to lose a great player but it would have been understood and respected that he honored his contract and just chose to play elsewhere.

To collect 18 million for running around with a got posse and working out in secret and hiding from the team paying you 18 million and not having the decency to even support your team on the bench at playoff games is unforgiveable.

I have zero respect for this piece of . Sure, he is a great player but I see zero character and honor in him and will be shocked if he rings again - although who knows - this is the new NBA where gotness seems to be the norm now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats the over under Kiwi pulls a ( fake hammy injury, he can ask the Spurs team doc for a diagnoses during a timeout just for fun ) in the 1st qtr and is out for the rest of the game. this saves face for him being that he can say he showed up to play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing .. kahwi 's sister has confirmed it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His sister confirmed it and confirmed that he's made.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(sorry if link doesn't work - on phone)

Richard Jefferson talks about phone call with Manu about Kawhi at
    1 minute mark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m listening to the Zach Lowe podcast right now and Pascal Siakam is on there. They’re talking about how they think the fans will treat Danny and Kawhi. Pascal said the lockeroom consensus is huge ovation for Danny and boos for Kawhi. Lowe also asked him what he was doing when he found out the trade went down and he said he was working out and his agent was with him and was on the phone pacing around and he thought he was getting traded to the Spurs. He said he heard him or OG would be traded for Kawhi. Pascal said he called Jakob right away and told him and he didn’t know he got traded yet, said Jakob was pissed. He then went on about how Jakob is going to be real good and surprise a lot of people. Pascal said he didn’t even call Demar only shot him a text a couple days after because he didn’t know how he would react. But man I wish we got Pascal he’s going to be legit, scored a career high 28 points last night.
    Last edited by emanueldavidginobili; 01-02-2019 at 01:07 PM.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m listening to the Zach Lowe podcast right now and Pascal Siakam is on there. They’re talking about how they think the fans will treat Danny and Kawhi. Pascal said the lockeroom consensus is huge ovation for Danny and boos for Kawhi. Lowe also asked him what he was doing when he found out the trade went down and he said he was working out and his agent was with him and was on the phone pacing around and he thought he was getting traded to the Spurs. He said he heard him or OG would be traded for Kawhi. Pascal said he called Jakob right away and told him and he didn’t know he got traded yet, said Jakob was pissed. He then went on about how Jakob is going to be real good and surprise a lot of people. Pascal said he didn’t even call Demar only shot him a text a couple days after because he didn’t know how he would react. But man I wish we got Pascal he’s going to be legit, scored a career high 28 points last night.
    Damn, that would have been awesome.
    Pop is in win-now mode anyways, Spurs should have been the ones sending picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope someday we get to know how the negotiations went. If the Spurs asked for Pascal and/or OG and the Raptors just said no, or if the Spurs preferred Jakob over those two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the recap. I didn’t want to listen to the whole thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the recap. I didn’t want to listen to the whole thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the same salty gots in this thread
    Texans still think they own individuals lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi doesn’t give a about us on the forum or the people in the arena. Who should. I used to LOve Being booed during games. There is nothing better than being booed while you’re tearing the home team’s ass up

Thread Information