Page 256 of 491 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only difference now is he's playing through pain which is what the Spurs been advocating for, but he didn't want to do it. If this is legit it might really hinder him career wise which would be great karma
    All pain isn't equal... He played through a sprained ankle VS the warriors until Zaza made it impossible to play on... His quad pain with us could have been worse than what he is feeling now... In the 9 games with us ppl were on here saying he doesn't look healed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has to, this summer is his big payday. Once he gets paid he can go back to resting or even if he retires his contract might be guaranteed still. Insurance would probably pay the rest of it, but he would set up forever.

Unless he ruptures something and can't play he won't get the max. But since he can play through the pain he will.
    But weren't u guys saying he was sitting out games this year to gain that big contract? Lmfao... U can't have it both ways... When he sits, u say its to save himself for the contract... When he plays through pain, u say its to prove himself for the big contract... Kawhi would get a max contract offer if he literally had one leg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this x1000. the media chooses to ignore the fact that instead of “gutting it out” he quit on his teammates and his from an organization for the better part of a year. He’s a got
    He was injured

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shut the up you're the biggest got on spurstalk. Go to the Raptors forum. Nobody here agrees with your takes. He guarded Giannis in the last game, but I didn't see that in game 3
    He literally guarded him for 41 possessions... That's the vast majority of the time Giannis was in the game... He guarded him more in game 3 than game 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    question is if the injury is chronic and the Spurs told him and his team that, did his team think they tried to lowball them on the contract extension and just thought it, let's sit out, get out of here and secure the max somewhere else? I mean you'd think twice to offer somebody a supermax when he has a chronic injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All pain isn't equal... He played through a sprained ankle VS the warriors until Zaza made it impossible to play on... His quad pain with us could have been worse than what he is feeling now... In the 9 games with us ppl were on here saying he doesn't look healed...
    the injury is chronic. If he doesn't want to play with a chronic injury he should quit his career and do something else. It's not getting better or healing up anytime soon. I know that's hard for your brain to process, but Kawhi's tendon is kinda like your brain. It won't get smarter, ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's what I'm saying. So where exactly did they misdiagnose him? I assume Kawhi's camp thought it wasn't chronic, but it definitely is if you look at the last game
    The story Mochael Wroght wrote that it was a game in January of 2017 when Kawhi got what they felt was a severe thigh contussion but it received the nornal treatment and he was basocally back after a week. From then on ut appare tly got progressively bad. Imo, that might be slmewhat true but mainly something in his mind and body deteriorated whe he went to his china trio and tries to trai. For the 17/18 season. Camp shut him down behind closed doors and left Spyrs camp in the loop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The story Mochael Wroght wrote that it was a game in January of 2017 when Kawhi got what they felt was a severe thigh contussion but it received the nornal treatment and he was basocally back after a week. From then on ut appare tly got progressively bad. Imo, that might be slmewhat true but mainly something in his mind and body deteriorated whe he went to his china trio and tries to trai. For the 17/18 season. Camp shut him down behind closed doors and left Spyrs camp in the loop.
    Are yuo drunk by an y chacne?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beats the SA zoo imo.
    Not in January and February...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good find.

As it's playing out, the Spurs doctors have to feel vindicated.

They were telling Nephew to go ahead and play on it. They said there will be pain but it's not something that will get better with rest -- that it will be something he'll have to learn to deal with.

They appear to be exactly right, tbh. Rest didn't help ... not even a full year off and load management for another season. It also doesn't appear to be slowing him down too much. It probably is painful but, I mean, he still has his explosion. It could come down to his pain tolerance. If he can't ignore the pain, it could be career-altering.
    It was exactly like Spurs 2 years ago.. if he can't play, Spurs goes home.. and they did.

Pop shut him down because it's clear he can't continue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst reported that the Spurs DID offer KL the Supermax at the end, but he turned it down. Consider the source, but it was in an ESPN article. I posted it at the time, but am too lazy to go back and look.
    I went through your past threads and old posts and couldn't find it. Tried Googling it and couldn't find it either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Spurs quit on Kawhi when they re-signed bums like Mills and Gasol.
    we offered him the supermax. So no, we didn’t. Nice try tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that RJ interview has given us a pretty clear picture of what happened. Kawhi was diagnosed with a chronic injury. Spurs doctors cleared him to play and said it would be all about his pain tolerance. Leonard didn't want to risk losing out on a supermax contract by playing through a painful injury and insisted on resting. That created tension on both sides.

Then, at the end of the season, when the Spurs made it clear that Kawhi needed to prove he was healthy and loyal to the franchise before offering him the supermax, Kawhi's camp exploded and demanded a trade, and things spiraled out of control from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t Kawhi have a tendonitis injury early in his career, like 2012...2013?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went through your past threads and old posts and couldn't find it. Tried Googling it and couldn't find it either.
    It's in this very thread post 3908

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...=1#post9734332

According to Windhorst Spurs did offer SuperMax to Kawhi:

Leonard turned down a supermax extension with the San Antonio Spurs last summer, though it was offered after his trade request, when he'd already made up his mind.

http://global.espn.com/nba/story/_/i...agent-strategy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the injury is chronic. If he doesn't want to play with a chronic injury he should quit his career and do something else. It's not getting better or healing up anytime soon. I know that's hard for your brain to process, but Kawhi's tendon is kinda like your brain. It won't get smarter, ever
    U ppl clearly never played sports... Chronic or not, there are times when things hurt more than other times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we knew this... Things were good until they snubbed him the supermax... Even ESPN (who were pushing for him to join lebron) were conceding that he would resign with the Spurs... And the arrogance of the FO decided to snub a generational player (while overpaying trash ass players that same year and the year before)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. So that's where the front office went wrong. They didn't offer the supermax until Kawhi had already made up his mind and it was too late.

If they had entered the summer seeking to reconcile and offered the supermax as proof of their commitment to Leonard, they might have been able to salvage the relationship. But because of their arrogance and hardheadedness, they made it clear to Kawhi that he would have to earn the supermax first, and that was the last straw for him.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did that to Parker and Ginobili... the whole earn it thing. They never did that or would have dared thought of doing that to Duncan. If that is true, pride cost us Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could not have offered Leonard a supermax deal until July 16, 2018. There are rules about it, including when an offer can be made. (The significance of the July 16 date is that Leonard signed his last contract with the Spurs on July 16, 2015, and certain possibilities are annualized.)

Leonard was traded on July 18, 2018. It should be obvious, in order to achieve that trade, serious talks on it must have been underway before July 16. There's no chance the lawyers can get all that contract crap reviewed and expressed - for four players and a draft pick and a cash transfer - in only 24 hours. Lawyers get paid by the hour, btw.

Did the Spurs offer Leonard the supermax?

No.

During that very brief window of opportunity when the Spurs might have made the offer, on the 16th and 17th, the Spurs, and the Raptors, already had their lawyers hard at work on the trade. They must have.

The Spurs had already decided a supermax offer was pointless. He was leaving.
    Last edited by JeffDuncan; 05-23-2019 at 04:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is still full of question marks.

1. Apparently Kawhi has tendonitis since college as far as I remember

2. If he had a thigh bruise in 2017 and the Spurs doctors treated it wrong, is that why he thinks the tendonitis got worse?

3. There didn't seem to be an issue at the start of the 2017/18 season as you can see by Kawhi's interview on media day

4. Kawhi's camp was in control of the injury since before the China trip

5. Rumors of him wanting to be in LA came out in the 2017 offseason

6. Windhorst reported Spurs offered the supermax. At that Point he was already hiding from the Spurs and it took Pop forever to meet with him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6. Windhorst reported Spurs offered the supermax. At that Point he was already hiding from the Spurs and it took Pop forever to meet with him
    Windhorst didn't actually "report" that. He just wrote it. His remark isn't sourced. Calling that statement by Windhorst "reporting" is like calling what dabom posts on Spurstalk "reporting." It's just something Windhorst wrote, unless he can come up with a source (which he can't.)

The only time the Spurs could actually have offered Leonard the supermax was the 16th and 17th, and I suppose the early part of the 18th, up to the time the trade was finalized and announced. Oh, they could have shot the breeze on the subject at any time, but hot air is not an "offer." A signature on a legal do ent is an offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Can't wait for the truth to come out.

What i don't understand is why the wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that RJ interview has given us a pretty clear picture of what happened. Kawhi was diagnosed with a chronic injury. Spurs doctors cleared him to play and said it would be all about his pain tolerance. Leonard didn't want to risk losing out on a supermax contract by playing through a painful injury and insisted on resting. That created tension on both sides.

Then, at the end of the season, when the Spurs made it clear that Kawhi needed to prove he was healthy and loyal to the franchise before offering him the supermax, Kawhi's camp exploded and demanded a trade, and things spiraled out of control from there.
    So it's on the Spurs, they should have been loyal and offer the supermax

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All was going splendidly at the time of the China trip. Reports of him working out, Kobe was mentioned etc getting ready to beast the league in 18 and strode over anyone in his way, then the trip and darkness descended and it was like we were all stuck in Mordor not knowing why.

Thread Information