Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't have to be in the same snapshot, silly. Words matter.
    He condemned them. Both POTUS' were supported by then later condemned extremist hate groups. You are just splitting hairs to differentiate them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to be the mission statement for the democrats.
    I doubt Democrats have a monopoly on it.

Small wonder you'd defend senility as being a politically effective defense for Trump, rather than take a side against it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He condemned them. Both POTUS' were supported by then later condemned extremist hate groups. You are just splitting hairs to differentiate them.
    I don't think so.

"Trump doesn't know what he's saying when he panders to white power, but his disavowals are completely credible."

Right.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 01-02-2020 at 10:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to be the mission statement for the democrats. I don't subscribe to ideologue narratives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh

none that i'm aware of. i dont think being photographed with somebody is the only way (or most dispositive way) to be affiliated with a person or group. trumpettes love trump and abhor the clintons, but he's been photographed with them. thats not going to convince chris (or any of his supporters) that trump is just like the clintons, for instance.
    Or convince RG that the Clintons are just like Trump.

The leader of NOI was invited to speak at the Congressional Black Caucus. Imagine the leader of a white supremacist group (not named David Duke) invited to speak at a republican convention attended by Trump (Obama was a senator at the time).

Bad optics. This is why the photo was hidden. But I understand that, in order to make an omelette you have to break some eggs. Obama had to attended events to get support. Politicians don't shun support unless the noise is too high so the ROI numbers are bad. For some reason, when Trump didn't condemn a group of people right away, the left screamed about it. They didn't seem to mind their POTUS rubbing elbows with a massive anti-Semite who praised Hitler. Just keep it level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or convince RG that the Clintons are just like Trump.

The leader of NOI was invited to speak at the Congressional Black Caucus
    . Imagine the leader of a white supremacist group (not named David Duke) invited to speak at a republican convention attended by Trump (Obama was a senator at the time).

Bad optics. This is why the photo was hidden. But I understand that, in order to make an omelette you have to break some eggs. Obama had to attended events to get support. Politicians don't shun support unless the noise is too high so the ROI numbers are bad. For some reason, when Trump didn't condemn a group of people right away, the left screamed about it. They didn't seem to mind their POTUS rubbing elbows with a massive anti-Semite who praised Hitler. Just keep it level.
    i agree. the dems flirtation with farrakhan is a stain on their image tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree. the dems flirtation with farrakhan is a stain on their image tbh
    I understood it's difficult (to say the least) for a black man to even get on the ticket. The black community doesn't do a lot of differentiating between the NOI speak and the democratic "help me help you" speak. Both are black people talking about helping black people, and if you shun the NOI, you shun Malcolm X. Some don't know that MLK wasn't part of that and actually warned it was coming. However I feel certain there's been a lot of cross contamination between the pure movement of King and the black nationalists, since King's passing. This is why you see these people in the same photos. It doesn't mean they adhere to the same ideology.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understood it's difficult (to say the least) for a black man to even get on the ticket. The black community doesn't do a lot of differentiating between the NOI speak and the democratic "help me help you" speak. Both are black people talking about helping black people, and if you shun the NOI, you shun Malcolm X. Some don't know that MLK wasn't part of that and actually warned it was coming. However I feel certain there's been a lot of cross contamination between the pure movement of King and the black nationalists, since King's passing. This is why you see these people in the same photos. It doesn't mean they adhere to the same ideology.
    thats why i look to rhetoric/policy more than "who were you caught in a photograph with"... which has been my point all along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The black community doesn't do a lot of differentiating between the NOI speak and the democratic "help me help you" speak. Both are black people talking about helping black people, and if you shun the NOI, you shun Malcolm X
    I wonder where you gained the expertise to speak on behalf of African-Americans about African-American liberation.

Surely you're aware Malcolm X broke with the NOI at the end of his life, are you not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so.

"Trump doesn't know what he's saying when he panders to white power, but his disavowals are completely credible."

Right.
    I will accept that he doesn't know, so his condemnation (not disavowal) is caused by outside pressure. He doesn't really condemn anything because he doesn't understand what he's condeming, but he's too good to ever rub elbows with any white power types. He thinks about himself, no time for other agendas like race or separatism. Those movements consider a group of people. Trump is a capitalist first and foremost, a narcissist capitalist.

On the other hand, Obama knew who the leader of NOI was and what he stood for. He condemned the speech only after he was called out on the support by the NOI. He said he didn't solicit the support, but he was there at the convention with the leader of NOI, as a senator. That would seem like he's soliciting support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worked for Reagan.
    You still thrash Bill Clinton for the pill factory bombing, but when Trump brings us to the brink of war with Iran you'll say, nbd, Clinton did it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will accept that he doesn't know, so his condemnation (not disavowal) is caused by outside pressure. He doesn't really condemn anything because he doesn't understand what he's condeming, but he's too good to ever rub elbows with any white power types. He thinks about himself, no time for other agendas like race or separatism. Those movements consider a group of people. Trump is a capitalist first and foremost, a narcissist capitalist.

On the other hand, Obama knew who the leader of NOI was and what he stood for. He condemned the speech only after he was called out on the support by the NOI. He said he didn't solicit the support, but he was there at the convention with the leader of NOI, as a senator. That would seem like he's soliciting support.
    Like I said, you regard Trump's senility as a defense for his reckless words, rather than a case for his unfitness to be President in the first place, and to be reelected in the second place. You'd rather take up cudgels against critics than a very bad president.

We all see where you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder where you gained the expertise to speak on behalf of African-Americans about African-American liberation.

Surely you're aware Malcolm X broke with the NOI at the end of his life, are you not?
    I don't need to be African American to draw that conclusion. I am not speaking on behalf of anyone. So anything I say about Obama is speaking on behalf of African Americans? Can I talk about anyone besides my own gender and race? Do I need your permission?

I am not going to get into a side discussion about Malcolm X.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You still thrash Bill Clinton for the pill factory bombing, but when Trump brings us to the brink of war with Iran you'll say, nbd, Clinton did it too.
    Hyperbole

I thought it was a smooth move by Bill, but the left pretends it didn't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't need to be African American to draw that conclusion. I am not going to get into a side discussion about Malcolm X.
    Because you said something factually wrong.

Admit it, you goofed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because you said something factually wrong.

Admit it, you goofed.
    What did I say that was factually wrong?

Are you just here to try to ensnare me? This is why I don't have discussions with idiots like you - they always end in some kind of a cat and mouse game and the original thought gets lost in all the bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hyperbole

That's false. Clinton was excoriated from the left. Nobody pretends it didn't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did I say that was factually wrong?

Are you just here to try to ensnare me? This is why I don't have discussions with idiots like you - they always end in some kind of a cat and mouse game and the original thought gets lost in all the bull .
    Very simple.

At the end of his life, Malcolm X broke with the NOI. It probably cost him his life.

It's erroneous to say anyine who breaks with the NOI breaks with Malcolm X, because Malcolm X did so himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very simple.

At the end of his life, Malcolm X broke with the NOI. It probably cost him his life.

It's erroneous to say anyine who breaks with the NOI breaks with Malcolm X, because Malcolm X did so himself
    Right, and Tony Parker played for Charlotte at the end of his career but his jersey resides in the AT&T Center.

I didn't make the claim you state above. I said that's the narrative. You pick a sentence out of a statement and try to debunk a part of it as if the rest of the statement has no bearing on the meaning. I was giving reasoning.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fahrenheit/911 is the left's version of some Alex Jones tripe. At best he's Ann Coulter of the left.
    Ann Coulter isn't in Alex Jones' league either. You're confusing Jones for an opinion pundit. Neither Coulter nor Moore make money off of wacky conspiracy theories targeted towards the country's dumbest and most gullible people. They just have partisan and sometimes provocative opinions on things that are actually happening.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy the entire got crew descended like the ST Avengers...... "there's an active thread, one of our crew is pinned down... everyone, to the ship!"

You guys cannot make a point without needing 3 or 4 other people to come in and create distractions.

It's funny how you pretend that this doesn't happen with you when you get into an internet flinging war, except it's usually Chris, derp and koriwhat coming to your aid. Makes you think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hyperbole

It's the eqiuvalent of Iran assassinating one of the Joint Cheifs., if we had a Joint Chief who was a national hero as well.

The US attacked an Iranian government official. It's reckless as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, and Tony Parker played for Charlotte at the end of his career but his jersey resides in the AT&T Center.

I didn't make the claim you state above. I said that's the narrative. You pick a sentence out of a statement and try to debunk a part of it as if the rest of the statement has no bearing on the meaning. I was giving reasoning.
    Your broad strokes not only obscure the reality of the situation, they're actively misleading

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt Democrats have a monopoly on it.

Small wonder you'd defend senility as being a politically effective defense for Trump, rather than take a side against it.
    I only say what is. I didn't pass any value judgments on it. Besides, I didn't say he was senile. I said he was dumb. Why do I have to keep reminding you of what I said when it's in the ing quote?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how you pretend that this doesn't happen with you when you get into an internet flinging war, except it's usually Chris, derp and koriwhat coming to your aid. Makes you think.
    Bull . I never needed aid to you up, Lambert.

Thread Information