Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what you're saying is Pop has had great assistants who have covered up his potential mistakes.
    or have done things to improve the team that he later gets credit for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or have done things to improve the team that he later gets credit for
    like sam presti>drunkford?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs we kept the wrong coach. Should have let Bud replace Pop and they would probably still have Kawhi and would have beat the Warriors by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud would never have this current roster

It's not like he took shooters and built a team around their strengths..he has guys like John Henson(!!) shooting high volume 3s..

Pop signed Marco Belinelli on a team that already had Patty Mills and Bryn Forbes ugh..

The difference between the two is just hunger IMO..Bud is still a relatively new HC, he hasn't done much in the league, so far..Pop has nothing else to prove, he's the old man that stopped trimming his ear and nose hairs..
    Great point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good points. Makes me wonder why the FO continually gets rid of players they develop with this body type (Simmons, Blossomgame, etc) and fully develop and keep players with obvious deficiencies that will show up against the best developed compe ion (Forbes, Mills, etc). It's not like some of these guys are hard to find or expensive to sign, especially where the Spurs find them (g league, tryouts, undrafted camps). And it's not like the coaching staff can't train them to shoot 35%.

Maybe it's just they don't like the types of characters a lot of these guys are, and want the squeaky clean ones. But not everyone's Tim or Manu.
    Squeeky clean high IQ players are the Spurs preference over athletic players. It is what they are and it isn't going to chance. Don't expect it to change. That's the formula for ever and it is what got them 2014 and almost 2013.

Speaking though about the Bucks and Raptors, I don't see any Rondo, Lance Stephenson like players.

Spurs don't have the luxury of strong personalities like LeBron to keep misfits inline.

Spurs rely on collectively good personalities to somehow make the playoffs every year with INFERIOR talent.

I do agree though, Spurs need to be INVESTING in more athletic players (but lower IQ). The only really athletic player in today's roster is DeRozan and Metu.

Gay doesn't have the mobility anymore.
    Cunningham is like a poor man's Danny Green.
    Poindexter is too many injuries away from his prime.
    The other two athletic players are injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know people can be athletic and have a high Bball-IQ at the same time right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Squeeky clean high IQ players are the Spurs preference over athletic players. It is what they are and it isn't going to chance. Don't expect it to change. That's the formula for ever and it is what got them 2014 and almost 2013.

Speaking though about the Bucks and Raptors, I don't see any Rondo, Lance Stephenson like players.

Spurs don't have the luxury of strong personalities like LeBron to keep misfits inline.

Spurs rely on collectively good personalities to somehow make the playoffs every year with INFERIOR talent.

I do agree though, Spurs need to be INVESTING in more athletic players (but lower IQ). The only really athletic player in today's roster is DeRozan and Metu.

Gay doesn't have the mobility anymore.
    Cunningham is like a poor man's Danny Green.
    Poindexter is too many injuries away from his prime.
    The other two athletic players are injured.
    one thing does not exclude the other, when I called Gay for the spurs as a good alternative in 2017 some posters said it was not spur material, and now he is probably the most important player in the "system", he probably got smarter after losing his mobility? funny

who are the high qi players in roster spur? mills forbes Bertans? purdll? gay?
    no, this is just one of the front office mistakes, Duncan, Kawhi, Manu and Parker are no longer on the team to carry this "type" of player preferred by Pop.
    patfo prefers players "yes, sir" so as not to disrupt the spur chemistry and culture, except that this culture was based in mr. Duncan and he's not coming back, so the front office needs to take a risk or the franchise will likely cease to be compe ive (if this has not already happened)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The level of ignorance in this thread is vertiginous. You're contemplating infinite.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO fluffers getting slapped around in here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not want coach Bud. He'll peter out again after consideration for CotY and be released in two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The level of ignorance in this thread is vertiginous. You're contemplating infinite.
    I have to confess to ignorance here.

Thread Information