Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs recently worked out Desi Rodriguez (https://mobile.twitter.com/AirAlamo/...17146626650112) and Troy Brown (https://mobile.twitter.com/kylecohen...48906250321920).

Re: Troy Brown, he seemed like the perfect Spurs pick given his great passing and solid fundamentals but Kyle Anderson makes him redundant. He isn’t that ahletic, simply put. I’m sure the front office is tired of having Anderson types who often get mismatches and outsped by opposing wings.
    Last edited by FireMicoHalili; 06-12-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, nothing more frustrating than seeing more than half of the Spurs on the court can't shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...s-12989248.php

More guards in Elijah Stewart and Trevon Bluiett

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, nothing more frustrating than seeing more than half of the Spurs on the court can't shoot.
    Cant shoot and can’t dribble driving me to drinking. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Chandler Hutchinson?......I hope we don't screw this up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol he hasn't worked out with the Spurs sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol he hasn't worked out with the Spurs sad
    The way they try to obfuscate who they really want, not working out with them could mean they really want him. Crazy, but didn't that happen with Kawhi?

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS NBA: 2018 NBA Draft Prospect Rankings

49. Jevon Carter W.Virginia Sr. PG 13 6-2 196

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Draft: 2018 NBA Mock Draft: Predictions for Prospects Whose Stocks are On the Rise
    Joe Tansey, June 13, 2018

18. San Antonio Spurs: Jerome Robinson, SG, Boston College
    Jerome Robinson

Boston College's Jerome Robinson was far from a household name during his time with the Golden Eagles because of their lack of success in the ACC.

When his name gets called on draft night, there will be a faction of fans who don't know much about the rising star, but there is plenty to like about his game.

Robinson averaged 20.7 points per game and shot 40.9 percent from three-point range in his junior season at Boston College, a performance that came after an average of 18.7 points per contest in his sop re campaign.

With an abundant need for shooters at the back end of the first round, Robinson appears set to benefit from that, which comes hand-in-hand with the recent buzz he's been receiving around the league.

Most mock drafts have Robinson going anywhere from No. 20 to No. 30, but Sports Illustrated's Jeremy Woo has him landing at No. 17 with the Milwaukee Bucks.

Where Robinson lands depends on a number of factors, including which teams trade up or make surprising picks that leave coveted prospects on the board later than expected.

Regardless of which team he ends up with, Robinson's rise over the last month is remarkable, and it should put him in a situation where he can succeed immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MSN Sports: YardBarker: Two-round 2018 NBA Mock Draft
    Seth Trachtman, 2 day ago [AKA 11 June 2018]
    18: San Antonio Spurs: Aaron Holiday, PG, UCLA

Tony Parker is approaching the end of his career, so the Spurs will be on the lookout for his replacement. Holiday, has the potential as a point guard who can create (and make) his own shot. He shot at least 41 percent from three in all three seasons for the Bruins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

49. San Antonio Spurs: Chimezie Metu, PF, USC

Metu has been a strong scorer for the Trojans over the last two seasons and averaged 15.7 points this last season. The 6-11 big man is efficient offensively but isn't a threat outside the paint.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be my "consolation prize" if we don't get Mitc Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Draft 2018: Predicting picks 1-30 in the first round

17. Bucks — Robert Williams, C, Texas A&M
    Williams has terrific physical tools, a 7-footer with a 7-6 wingspan and good defensive instincts — good enough that he could land in the lottery. But there are work ethic questions, and Williams didn’t significantly improve between his freshman and sop re seasons. The Bucks would welcome some size up front, and they have never been afraid of taking on a project-type player.

18. Spurs — Keita Bates-Diop, SF/PF, Ohio State
    He’s a combo forward with some size — he measured 6-8.5 at the combine with a wingspan of 7-3.25 — and was the Big 10 Player of the Year this season after averaging 19.8 points and 8.7 rebounds. He is a bit plodding on defense, and could have trouble on that end, but he is a frontcourt player who can stretch the floor.

19. Hawks (via Timberwolves) — Zhaire Smith, SG, Texas Tech

Smith was under the radar heading into his college career, but playing in Tech’s all-out, blitzing defense showcased his ability to shut opponents down on the perimeter. Watch him dunk a few times, and you’ll get a clear picture of his athleticism. He will need time to develop, particularly offensively.

20. Timberwolves (via Thunder) — Gary Trent Jr., SG, Duke

After coming into the draft process as a likely second-rounder, Trent was impressive at the combine, and his 39.5-inch vertical leap helped quell concerns about his athleticism. He shot 40.2 percent from the 3-point line in college, and the Wolves are desperate for perimeter-shooting help.

21. Jazz — Melvin Frazier, SF, Tulane

Frazier is a solid option as a versatile defensive player who can guard three positions. He created some buzz at the combine in Chicago. He shot 38.5 percent from the 3-point line this season, a big jump (and maybe an anomaly?) from his first two years at Tulane, both of which were below 29 percent.

22. Bulls (via Pelicans) — Anfernee Simons, PG/SG, IMG Academy

Simons did not make it to college after reclassifying and going to prep school, instead taking his chances on his prospects now. He is combo guard, but only 6-3.25, and a decent shooter who will need to work to improve his range.

23. Pacers — Troy Brown, PG/SG, Oregon

Brown is a 6-7.75 combo guard with a 6-10.25 wingspan who is a very good playmaker for his size and is a capable scorer in the lane. He struggled badly with his shot, though, at just 29.1 percent from the 3-point line.

24. Trail Blazers — Mo Wagner, PF/C, Michigan

Wagner can stretch the floor as a sweet-shooting big man, a nice complement to Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum in the backcourt. Wagner developed a bit as a guy who can put the ball on the floor and play with his back to the basket, but he is not much of an athlete and could be a liability defensively.

25. Lakers (via Cavs) — Mitc Robinson, C, Western Kentucky (sort of)
    Robinson is a good physical prospect at 7-1 with decent athleticism. Problem is, we know little about him because after surprisingly picking Western Kentucky as a top-10 recruit last year, he bolted from school and has been working out on his own.
    Robinson frustrated NBA teams by skipping the combine, but that led to some speculation he may have a received a first-round promise.

26. 76ers — Grayson Allen, G, Duke

As a guy who knows how to get under the skin of opponents, Allen should fit well in Philadelphia. He is a streaky shooter who sometimes plays out of his comfort zone, but he tested very well at the predraft combine and likely secured a first-round slot.

27. Celtics — Josh Okogie, SG/SF, Georgia Tech

Okogie is 6-4.5 with a 7-0 wingspan, the kind of versatile defensive wing the Celtics covet. He is not a very good finisher at the rim, but he measured a 42-inch vertical at the combine, giving scouts some hope that he could develop into a better player in traffic.
    He is a solid 3-point shooter, too. If the Celtics lose Marcus Smart this summer, Okogie could be a replacement.

28. Warriors — Chandler Hutchinson, SF/PF, Boise State

Hutchinson has gotten some buzz as a perimeter player with good size and shooting ability. He averaged 20.0 points, 7.7 rebounds and 3.5 assists as a senior at Boise State and moved himself into fringe first-round territory.

29. Nets (via Raptors) — Donte DiVincenzo, SG, Villanova

DiVincezo is a high-motor guard who made a strong case for himself in the Wildcats’ le game (31 points) and during the predraft combine in Chicago, where his athleticism ranked among the best of the participants. He averaged 13.4 points this season and shot 40.1 percent from the 3-point line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how we pick Bates-Diop over Smith if both are available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omari Spellman getting a second workout with Spurs. Could go either 18th or 49th. Looks like a Draymond Green-type of player. Not the athletic wing the Spurs were rumored to be looking for though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omari Spellman getting a second workout with Spurs. Could go either 18th or 49th. Looks like a Draymond Green-type of player. Not the athletic wing the Spurs were rumored to be looking for though.
    It would be 18th or trading up for a 2nd pick. Don't think he falls all the way to 49. He's seems to be in the late 1st / early 2nd round range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much more prefer Bates-Diop. I think Smith does not have the ethic required by the Spurs and is a bit over hyped. Bates-Diop has that Spurs ethic that could make him a much greater player. He is very physical and can give us a physical presence at the wing that we currently do not have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not a Green type of player, green was doing more things in NCAA, spellman is not a passer but a big who can shoot and protect the rim.

I like Spellman but i dont understand if we target him with the 18’ pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much more prefer Bates-Diop. I think Smith does not have the ethic required by the Spurs and is a bit over hyped. Bates-Diop has that Spurs ethic that could make him a much greater player. He is very physical and can give us a physical presence at the wing that we currently do not have.
    https://www.thestepien.com/2018/06/0...-zhaire-smith/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor: Lakers interested in trading up in first round to get Zhaire Smith

Zhaire Smith is a pick about potential. The Texas Tech swingman is exactly what NBA teams want in that spot on paper. Smith is one of the better athletes in the draft, is long (6’11” wingspan) and uses that well on defense. On the offensive end he’s a project. A big project. But he could develop into an athletic “3&D” guy who is strong in transition if the right team can develop him.
    The Lakers think they are that team.
    There have been a lot of rumors floating around the league that the Lakers wanted to move up from their No. 25 slot (which they got from the Cavaliers at this past trade deadline in the Larry Nance Jr./Jordan Clarkson deal; the Lakers own No. 10 pick belongs to the Sixers). Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer added some detail in a recent podcast.
    “I’ve heard that the Lakers are either looking to add a pick in the middle of the first round or trade up from the 25th pick into the middle of the first round to draft the player that they’re targeting. Zhaire Smith is the name that I’ve heard that they’re very high on.”
    The idea is that Smith would grow into the role Kentavious Caldwell-Pope filled for the Lakers last season.
    To move up to the middle of the first round — Smith is expected to go mid-teens — the Lakers would need to find a team that would take the No. 25 pick and Josh Hart for it (Los Angeles doesn’t have a number of good other young pieces to move). Would Denver, Washington, or Phoenix be willing to do that? Depends on: 1) if those teams have someone they really like in that spot; 2) for the Wizards, how many changes do they plan to make to the roster this summer (maybe a lot) and how does Hart fit in with that?
    The other part of that, the Lakers are loath to give up players/picks that they may need to dump the Luol Deng salary in the next year.
    It’s unlikely the Lakers pull this off, but it’s something to watch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain’t going to happen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Smith is available at 18, depending on whether someone unexpectedly falls, I'd strongly consider 18 for Hart and 25. I doubt the Lakers would do that, but even if 49 had to be included, it would still be worth consideration.

In that range, I generally like the idea of essentially getting 2 chances of finding a rotation player over 1. In this case, it would be closer to a guarantee of 1, with a shot at another. Hart didn't grade out all that well defensively last season, but he shot the 3 well, rebounded well and still profiles as a 3 and D type.

The problem is, since they likely wouldn't touch Robinson at 25, it would be difficult to get a big. They could take a flier on Simmons, with the hopes of him growing into the shot creating, explosive scorer that's desperately needed. Or, just take another 3 and D type. Stockpiling them is not a bad thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Smith is available at 18, depending on whether someone unexpectedly falls, I'd strongly consider 18 for Hart and 25. I doubt the Lakers would do that, but even if 49 had to be included, it would still be worth consideration.

In that range, I generally like the idea of essentially getting 2 chances of finding a rotation player over 1. In this case, it would be closer to a guarantee of 1, with a shot at another. Hart didn't grade out all that well defensively last season, but he shot the 3 well, rebounded well and still profiles as a 3 and D type.

The problem is, since they likely wouldn't touch Robinson at 25, it would be difficult to get a big. They could take a flier on Simmons, with the hopes of him growing into the shot creating, explosive scorer that's desperately needed. Or, just take another 3 and D type. Stockpiling them is not a bad thing.
    Yuck. Hart is not anything to write home about and obviously Smith’s upside is with more than Hart + 25,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yuck. Hart is not anything to write home about and obviously Smith’s upside is with more than Hart + 25,
    Yeah, like I don't think SA lost any sleep drafting White over Hart. Best LAL could do is 18 for 25, 47 and the Chi second next year. Everything they could add besides that is either relatively worthless (Hart, Zubac, etc) or way too valuable (taking on Gasol's money).

Thread Information