My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going big is for all position days of Forbes and Mills are over

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though I like Mitc Robinson, Zhaire and Robert Williams, I don't think any of them will be there for the Spurs.

But another guy I am interested in is Red Mamba Jr., Kevin Huerter

He's not popping on a lot of mocks yet, but I expect that to change with the combine.

Doesn't turn 20 until August, good wing size at 6-7, should measure with serviceable length, and just a premiere shooter of the three ball with NBA range and quick release. Also has solid playmaking for his position, nice touch, plays tough, and isn't a total cone on defense like a Musa.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we somehow trade Kawhi and let’s say get Philly 1st and there 2 high second picks the top players I would look at that could be in our range would be:
    1. Mohamed Bamba - CENTER- 7’0 with 7’9 wingspan - Great Rim protector - Draft Net has a score of 93
    2. Mikal Bridges - SG/SF - 6’7. Good offense and defense player - Draft Net score 94
    ”I would even consider throwing in Murray to get one of these two”

For our 1st pick I would go:
    1. Zhaire Smith - SG 6’5
    2. Huerta - SF 6’7 - Based on Objective input

For second round picks from
    Philly:
    1. Elie Okobo - PG - 6’2 fast scorer could even draft him instead of Zhaire
    2. Chandler Hutchison SG/SF - 6’7
    3. Keita Bates Diop - SF - 6’7

* Watanabe -SF 6’9 our second round pick like his length against Golden State

Hopefully in the trade we can either loose Gasol or Mills’s looking at getting these draft picks plus the following players from Philly:
    1. Markelle Fultz SG - 6’4 - can he be fixed?
    2. Darco Saric PF - 23 yrs old avg 14.6pts 6.7rbs

I hope to move or loose 4 out of these 6 players; Gasol, Mills, Joffrey, Green, Forbes, Tony
    Last edited by BackHome; 05-07-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I would love to see our foreign drafts come over to have a look:
    1. Nikola Milutinov - Center 7’0 - Great fit for half court offense great hands and sets tough screens and can finish at the rim - Ten times better then Joffrey
    2. Adam Hanga SG/SG - 6’7 - if Green and Manu are gone bring him in
    3. Nemanja Dangubic- SF - 6’7 - yeah he sucked early in his younger days but has really raised his game as of late would love to see him this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I would love to see our foreign drafts come over to have a look:
    1. Nikola Milutinov - Center 7’0 - Great fit for half court offense great hands and sets tough screens and can finish at the rim - Ten times better then Joffrey
    2. Adam Hanga SG/SG - 6’7 - if Green and Manu are gone bring him in
    3. Nemanja Dangubic- SF - 6’7 - yeah he sucked early in his younger days but has really raised his game as of late would love to see him this summer.
    How likely are we to bring over Milutinov this summer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting 2nd round option is Ajdin Penava. Penava has flip-flopped and finally signed with an agent, so he's in the draft. Previously, he had put his name on the early entrant list and publicly stated that he would still be going back for his senior year to finish his degree, and to basically going to train and withdraw. But I suppose he heard enough feedback to stay in.

Led the NCAA in blocks per game against smaller schools, aided by the fast pace that D'Antoni's brother coaches them to play at. By block% he was I think 11th.

Might be a little too slow for me, but he could be a second round gamble.

Last edited by objective; 05-12-2018 at 04:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How likely are we to bring over Milutinov this summer?
    Probably depends on the other moves having priority. If they operate as over the cap and have their MLE to spend, a portion of it can go to Milutinov if they don't have more pressing needs. But if say Green opted out and left, they might feel the pressure to spend the full MLE on another big 2 guard. Milutinov does have NBA buyouts in 2018 and 2019, just don't know how much.

The draft might be a factor also. If Robert Williams slips to them and they take him, they might feel comfortable letting Milutinov stay overseas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the love for Simons based on the little footage that's out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the love for Simons based on the little footage that's out there.
    6'3 guard, hmm where have I seen this story line before...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'3 guard, hmm where have I seen this story line before...
    Can’t ever have enough of those...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 05-12-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do all the mock draft have us drafting 6’3 midget tweener players?? WHY. Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Porter could be a good addition, he does a little bit of everything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn’t look bad, if we Want a shotblocker with our 2nd round or camp invite, i prefer sagaba konate of West Virginia, panavi looks better overall but konate is more Athletic and could be an interesting Guy in the nba.

https://youtu.be/o7zWg-XYHqM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Porter if he's there at 18. Solid big with upside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Porter if he's there at 18. Solid big with upside.
    Need to stockpile two way wings via 1sts for next few years. Pass on bigs if talent is equal, as they only cover 1 spot in the lineup most of the time.

Two-way wings are rarely available via FA/trade/esp. buyout. This is why such a premium should be placed there in the draft.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 05-14-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to stockpile two way wings via 1sts for next few years. Pass on bigs if talent is equal, as they only cover 1 spot in the lineup most of the time.

Two-way wings are rarely available via FA/trade/esp. buyout. This is why such a premium should be placed there in the draft.
    Exactly why Spurs need to draft Yuta Watanabe in the second round. Two way wing, best defender in his conference and a versatile scorer at 6-9. Much quicker and more athletic than Ajdin Penava (from what I've seen).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I guess if the talent is equal, but our front court is absolute garbage after LMA. If Porter can stretch the D and play big, I think it would be a worthwhile investment. Kid is only scratching the surface of what he could be long-term.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Lonnie Walker
    2. Mitc Robinson
    3. Anfernee Simons

My 3 favorite prospects for the Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess if the talent is equal, but our front court is absolute garbage after LMA. If Porter can stretch the D and play big, I think it would be a worthwhile investment. Kid is only scratching the surface of what he could be long-term.
    Front court isn't as important as wing play in todays NBA.

I see Jontay Porter worse case Ryan Richards, best case prime role playing Josh McRoberts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs picked Isaac Bonga in the second round.

He is basically a younger, somewhat less slow version of Kyle Anderson. A 6-9 SF with a 7ft wingspan who plays like a PG. He is not a good shooter and only an average athlete. Doesn't turn 19 until November, so most likely another draft and stash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im calling the Kings to see if they cough up #2 for LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im calling the Kings to see if they cough up #2 for LMA
    You do mean Kawhi, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do mean Kawhi, right?
    With the kings ownership, he definitely means LMA....

I so think there's a different opportunity here though, if the kings get doncic they may very well be willing to move heild or bogdonovic. We might be able to make a smaller move there.

Thread Information