Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know who espn mock draft had us choosing, caught a little bit of the show the other night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know who espn mock draft had us choosing, caught a little bit of the show the other night
    Current mock up on the site has them taking Troy Brown:

Troy Brown(Oregon)
    SG

Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 210
    A significant part of San Antonio's wing rotation is up for free agency this summer, which means this could be a position the Spurs look to address in the draft.
    Brown's size, multipositional defense and upside could be intriguing at this stage of the draft. He's one of the youngest players in this class, and he has the type of character and intangibles this organization always covets. Helping him become a better shooter will be a major key, and the Spurs have an ace up their sleeve in that department with Chip Engelland.
    Starting salary: $2,337,000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN
    3h
    San Diego State’s Jalen McDaniels will withdraw. Return to school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've seen a few elie okobo to the spurs mocks. nba tv had the spurs picking kyhri thomas in their most recent mock. okobo and thomas share similar traits in their respective scouting reports.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Gary Trent has the same hairstyle as White and Anderson, bet Spurs draft him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of players projected to be available at 18, I now think Thomas is most likely . . .

- Seems like Spurs material
    - Projects as NBA ready and could conceivably fill long term need as starting SG and the type of 2 way role player needed, especially vs the elite
    - From Paul to rumored interest in Bradley and speculation of them being ready to move on from Green, 3 and D guard/wing has clearly been a recent focus

At 6'3.5'', 199, 6'10.5'' wingspan, his build reminds me of Smart, so he should be able to guard 1-3 and he's not "another small guard".

As much as most of us want a guard who can create and score acquired, the reality is, Leonard, Murray, Anderson and White, are probably going to be the main ball handlers going forward and Parker for another season, too. I'm also skeptical they'd want another ball dominant type who isn't a superstar or star, as it would probably annoy Aldridge and relegate Gay to more of a spot up role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caught it. They had usgrabbing Khyri Thomas from Creighton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For what’s its worth Bleacher Report has us taking Elie Okopo PG from France he scored 44 pts on 17 attempts in last week Pro A Playoff game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #18 seems too high for okobo

agree With TD21 about Thomas he could be their Guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huerter might have become my favorite

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Zhaire, Huerter are off the board at 18, I would love if SA could trade down w Philly and get 26, 38 and 39.

Then try moving 38 and 49 to move up.

Target Keita Bates Diop, Melvin Frazier, De'anthony Melton and Shake Melton.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 06-02-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a tweet a few days ago about the Spurs (and Jazz) being interested in Huerter. I know he tested well at the combine, but he's short armed and lacks strength, so even if he's more Korver/Re than Stauskas, he'd still be difficult to play more than spot minutes vs elite teams.

Whereas Thomas, Hutchinson, Bates-Diop, Evans, Frazier, etc. project as average or better from 3 and defensively.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a tweet a few days ago about the Spurs (and Jazz) being interested in Huerter. I know he tested well at the combine, but he's short armed and lacks strength, so even if he's more Korver/Re than Stauskas, he'd still be difficult to play more than spot minutes vs elite teams.

Whereas Thomas, Hutchinson, Bates-Diop, Evans, Frazier, etc. project as average or better from 3 and defensively.
    I like some of the guys you listed, mainly Hutchinson and KBD, but we draft at 18. We have a good chance at a potential starter slipping to 18.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Captain Obvious

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Zhaire, Huerter are off the board at 18, I would love if SA could trade down w Philly and get 26, 38 and 39.

Then try moving 38 and 49 to move up.

Target Keita Bates Diop, Melvin Frazier, De'anthony Melton and Shake Melton.
    Im starting to warm up to this idea. I really like Jared Vanderbilt with one of those picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Captain Obvious

Well, at least that gives us confirmation from the local media. On a sidenote, you have to love Jabari. He's the best reporter at delivering inside scoops in the Express-News today. Such a huge upgrade from Jeff McDonald.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2018/...-draft-workou/
    McCoy said he has had individual workouts with the Chicago Bulls, Houston Rockets and San Antonio Spurs, and that NBA teams seem intrigued by his ability to knock down outside shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Robert Williams is at 18, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him. I don't typically like to draft athleticism only picks and obviously the Spurs don't either but I think he could be a Jordan/Capela type of player in short time and watching him in college I think his free throw/mid-range game will translate a lot better then some of those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Robert Williams is at 18, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him. I don't typically like to draft athleticism only picks and obviously the Spurs don't either but I think he could be a Jordan/Capela type of player in short time and watching him in college I think his free throw/mid-range game will translate a lot better then some of those guys.
    Spurs dont need to take a big at 18. It's a very shallow draft for bigs.

SA should make it a priority to target a two way wing. Prefer to stockpile 2 way wings with their 1st round picks for next few years because those players will be filling 3 positions at all times on the floor in modern NBA ( SG- SF- F).

And two-way wings are rarely available via Free Agency/Trade. This is why such a premium should be placed there in the draft for the next few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SA should make it a priority to target a two way wing. Prefer to stockpile 2 way wings with their 1st round picks for next few years because those players will be filling 3 positions at all times on the floor in modern NBA ( SG- SF- F).

And two-way wings are rarely available via Free Agency/Trade. This is why such a premium should be placed there in the draft for the next few years.
    I think Bates-Diop is the safest pick if available for a two player at 18.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy who could be interesting if he slides a little bit is Kevin Knox from Kentucky. Long and young forward who looks like Tobias Harris.

Can score and rebound, needs some Work on D but is not bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report
    4m
    #Maryland's Kevin Huerter is another name gaining steam. Mark Turgeon limited his playmaking and creativity, but personnel people are buying into his upside, not just as a shooter, but as a fluid offensive weapon. Adding to the intrigue? Huerter is only 19 years old. #NBADraft

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Unfortunately, if the Spurs valued two way wings they would have kept Simmons and forgot about Forbes and Mills and their ilk.

Watch them draft Troy Brown who has size but combines non-shooting with average and suspect athleticism

Thread Information