Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report
    4m
    #Maryland's Kevin Huerter is another name gaining steam. Mark Turgeon limited his playmaking and creativity, but personnel people are buying into his upside, not just as a shooter, but as a fluid offensive weapon. Adding to the intrigue? Huerter is only 19 years old. #NBADraft

I'm starting to think he'll be drafted by the Clippers. Jerry West is smart enough to value what Klay did for Golden State

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, if the Spurs valued two way wings they would have kept Simmons and forgot about Forbes and Mills and their ilk.

Watch them draft Troy Brown who has size but combines non-shooting with average and suspect athleticism
    Simmons went To Orlando because he wants a bigger role,i’m not sure the will value brown more than huerter.

A lot will depends off workouts, and as you Said brown athetic tests were not that good.

imo they want more an SG/SF than a SF/PF if kawhi stay, with gay probably coming back also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So as folks probably see, I added a few new prospect threads. I have it set up in an Excel generator now that makes it really quick to create threads once I have all the info in the SS. Pretty soon now, I'm going to be putting a version of the SS as the prospect Index thread pretty soon. I'll revisit the columns next year, but for now, we're going with Tankathon, NBADraft.net and RealGM.

What threads do people want to see at this point? We only have like two weeks left before the draft, but that's enough time to get into some of these picks. You're welcome to still make threads yourselves, but it'd likely be faster to just send me the relevant info, and I can plunk it into the SS and update. The less info I get, the more research I'll have to do, which means the longer it will take for the thread to come out. But as I said, it's no big deal regardless. Should be able to turn a good deal around every day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So as folks probably see, I added a few new prospect threads. I have it set up in an Excel generator now that makes it really quick to create threads once I have all the info in the SS. Pretty soon now, I'm going to be putting a version of the SS as the prospect Index thread pretty soon. I'll revisit the columns next year, but for now, we're going with Tankathon, NBADraft.net and RealGM.

What threads do people want to see at this point? We only have like two weeks left before the draft, but that's enough time to get into some of these picks. You're welcome to still make threads yourselves, but it'd likely be faster to just send me the relevant info, and I can plunk it into the SS and update. The less info I get, the more research I'll have to do, which means the longer it will take for the thread to come out. But as I said, it's no big deal regardless. Should be able to turn a good deal around every day.
    that would work. the only other thing that would be nice would be any links to the prospects' scouting reports although i think we can locate most of these on our own through sites like draft net.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 team logo
    CBS NCAA BB: 2018 NBA Mock Draft: This two-round projection is dominated by big men at the top
    Matt Norlander, 23 hours ago [AKA 5 June 2018]

Spurs

Khyri Thomas | Creighton | Jr | SG

Another player I'm slotting higher than most others. Think he'd be a great fit with San Antonio, and think if he wound up going to the Spurs their system would wind up turning him into a lesser version of Kawhi Leonard. Maybe the best two-way player in this draft, and he's bigger than his 6-3 frame indicates on paper
    and 19th in the second round
    19 Spurs

Devonte' Graham | Kansas | Sr | PG

Undervalued because of his size. Winning player. Yes, the Spurs make sense here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: 2018 NBA Mock Draft 8.0: What Happens if the Kings Pass on Luka Doncic?
    Jeremy Wood, June 05, 2018

49. Spurs: Jarred Vanderbilt, F, Kentucky | Fr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Mock Draft 2018: 1st-Round Predictions and Elite Prospects Breakdown
    Zach Buckley, June 6, 2018

18. San Antonio Spurs: Kevin Huerter, SG, Maryland

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SEC Country: 2018 NBA mock draft: Projections for first round, top players, 2018 NBA Draft order (June 6, 2018)
    Connor Riley

18 San Antonio Kevin Huerter Maryland SF Soph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yahoo! Sports: 2018 NBA mock draft 3.0: Mohamed Bamba's stock is rising
    Jordan Schultz, Jun 5, 2018, 3:13 PM

18. San Antonio Spurs: F Keita Bates-Diop, Sr., Ohio State

The Big Ten Player of the Year measured extremely well at the combine, posting a 7-3 wingspan while showcasing his stellar shooting ability. Bates-Diop should be able to contribute from Day 1 on both ends of the floor. At 22, he has a high floor, but his ceiling may be limited, which is why he should last until the late teens. 2.0 position: 15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs

Khyri Thomas | Creighton | Jr | SG

Another player I'm slotting higher than most others. Think he'd be a great fit with San Antonio, and think if he wound up going to the Spurs their system would wind up turning him into a lesser version of Kawhi Leonard. Maybe the best two-way player in this draft, and he's bigger than his 6-3 frame indicates on paper

the first NBA TV draft also had khyri thomas going to the spurs. they liked his shooting (NBA range with a little bit of a slow release) and they especially loved his defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for the work! I’m going to the draft again this year too. Just booked flights and bought tickets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    northjersey.com: 2018 NBA Mock Draft: Projecting how the first round could go
    Chris Iseman, Published 9:19 a.m. ET June 6, 2018 | Updated 11:55 a.m. ET June 6, 2018

18. San Antonio Spurs

Kevin Huerter, G; Maryland

Huerter shot 41.7 percent from the perimeter this past season for the Terrapins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the first NBA TV draft also had khyri thomas going to the spurs. they liked his shooting (NBA range with a little bit of a slow release) and they especially loved his defense.
    Maybe the best perimeter defender of this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: Busting Brackets: NBA Draft 2018: Complete Mock Draft following college decisions
    Lukas Harkins, 2 hours ago [AKA 6 June 2018]

18. San Antonio Spurs – F Kevin Huerter, Maryland

Kevin Huerter has soared up draft boards since electing to remain in the NBA Draft. He had a solid sop re campaign with Maryland but represents an intriguing prospect for the next level. Huerter has an excellent 3-point stroke and plenty of range to extend to the NBA line. In addition, he boasts above-average size and was excellent at the NBA Combine.

Naturally, this is the type of player who fall right into the lap of Coach Pop and the Spurs before they turn him into an elite rotation player by the end of his second season. Yes, I am being sarcastic but would anyone really be surprised? This is the highest the Spurs have picked in the draft in a long time and you can be sure the front office has done their homework.
    49. San Antonio Spurs – F Justin Jackson, Maryland

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me Huerter or Diop....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would work. the only other thing that would be nice would be any links to the prospects' scouting reports although i think we can locate most of these on our own through sites like draft net.
    I couldn't find a database like DX. The Tankathon link has some videos and NBADraft.net has its "scouting"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So every player mentioned in this thread since my post this morning has a profile. Keep it going. I'll be back at my computer late tonight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ringer should be added. With DrafExpress damn near defunct, they're the most comprehensive source for draft information extant.

imo they want more an SG/SF than a SF/PF if kawhi stay, with gay probably coming back also.

Think they specifically want a Green replacement, which is why I don't buy the Huerter hype.

unless they commit to Aldridge as a full time C sooner than later, a combo forward would probably have difficulty earning a substantial role. That's why I think a guard/wing is more likely. Young claims they're "eyeing an athletic wing".

Wings are becoming like international bigs in the early 00s. There's going to be a lot or teams reaching in the coming years in an attempt to mold players who faintly, vaguely, conceivably, theoretically are 3 and D types, but few who actually excel at both or even either.

Thomas looks like he has the potential to excel at both, particularly defense and sooner than later. He's got a near perfect body type to defend virtually every elite guard.

If retained, obviously Leonard will need to be the primary defender vs elite combo forwards, but they need to spare him the burden of being so vs elite wings/power guards and Murray is too slight for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll try to add some podcast links for relevant players later.

Ray Spalding might be worth a thread as a second rounder. Will try and post his numbers and stuff later also.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should select Chandler Hutchinson if they miss out on Miles Bridges, Kevin Knox, Zhaire Smith, and Lonnie Walker. Do you agree?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So every player mentioned in this thread since my post this morning has a profile. Keep it going. I'll be back at my computer late tonight.
    Thank you for your time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should select Chandler Hutchinson if they miss out on Miles Bridges, Kevin Knox, Zhaire Smith, and Lonnie Walker. Do you agree?
    unless the spurs make a trade, walker isn't going to be on the board. i would prefer that they take khyri thomas over hutchinson if both are still there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nbadraft has Jerome Robinson from Boston College now at 18. Their mock is a little bit strange with walker at 23 for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nbadraft has Jerome Robinson from Boston College now at 18. Their mock is a little bit strange with walker at 23 for example.
    walker at 23? that is nuts. even if he gets past charlotte, there is no way he's still around at 23.

Thread Information