Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' 2017 draft picks:
    Spurs First round pick – 18th overall
    Spurs Second round pick – 49th overall

Players available for the 2018 draft:
    International players born in 1996 and college seniors are automatically eligible.
    College underclassmen and international players born in 96, 97 or 98 (it doesn't get any more believable) can enter in the draft.

Key dates:

April 11-14: Portsmouth invitational tournament (results https://www.si.com/nba/2018/04/16/nb...ollege-seniors)
    April 13: Nike Hoop Summit in Portland (results) http://www.oregonlive.com/hoop-summi...ld_to_89-.html
    April 22: Early entry eligibility deadline, teams can start workouts with them.
    May 15: Draft Lottery
    May 16-20: Draft combine in Chicago
    June 11: Early entry withdrawal deadline.
    June 21: NBA Draft in NY.

Links:

Draftexpress (Though it sucks now)
    NBADraft.net
    Tankathon
    Future Draft Picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chances of Shai Gilgeous-Alexander or Dzanan Musa falling to 18?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Chandler Hutchinson?......I hope we don't screw this up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zhaire Smith 6’5 SG
    Micheael Robinson 7’1 Center
    Robert Williams 6’9 PF/C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta get a big man, right? I mean, I know the league is going small ball and stretch bigs, but Lamarcus and Pau can't be the only options. Would love to us be aggressive and move up if necessary. A guy like Robert Williams or Johntay Porter should be in the range.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That s why I am hoping we can trade Kawhi to Phillly or Boston get a good player and another higher draft pick we could easily get him and our starting SG. with Philly having like 7 picks we could probably get all four guys mentioned above. Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, why was the Milutinov thread deleted?

Anyways:
    1. Robinson
    2. Zhaire
    3. R. Williams

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta get a big man, right? I mean, I know the league is going small ball and stretch bigs, but Lamarcus and Pau can't be the only options. Would love to us be aggressive and move up if necessary. A guy like Robert Williams or Johntay Porter should be in the range.
    Feels like there are so many holes that they just have to take best available. For example, if Manu and Green are gone, whats the plan for the starting 2? White looks like a solid prospect, but does he start?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is Nikola Thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zhaire Smith or Mitc Robinson. Nuff said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thestepien.com is a decent replacement to draftexpress although the content isn't nearly up to date as it used to be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ditty so what’s the hype on this kid who has never played a collage game nor a professional game? Not being a smart ass honestly want to know what he can bring to the team and what is he good at?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not Ditty but I like Robinson. I didn't for awhile, when I only watched the high school baseline cam footage. High hips like everyone says, skinny, will be hard to keep position, easily bodied around and bullied by NBA athletes. And it's harder for me to judge things from the angle, so much in the way.

But after watching footage from a traditional broadcast angle, I could really see the positives. He is really fast for his size, and his size is legit 7 feet+. And his jump and reach radius is just stunning. He has the same kind of positives as Robert Williams but is 3-4 inches taller and looks like he can gain the proper muscle and just be the right combination of huge, long, and fast. Add that to his rep as a major shotblocker and rim protector, and he should be able to be a Whiteside if everything goes fine, or a Capela if everything goes better. With proper training he might be switchable. If not, he could still be a rim protecting big who runs the floor and spaces vertically.

Downsides are he has a rep for at ude and/or personality, stuff that could derail him. Even with his head on straight, he might be 2 years away. And that's 2 legit years, not fake 'get over yourself in the g-league even though you can play right now' Spurs years.

Not that it matters much, I think he'll be off the board by the time the Spurs pick.

fair breakdown

https://www.thestepien.com/mitc -robinson/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson seems like the anti-Spur tbqh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that high on Williams, maybe i'm wrong but i think he's a little bit weak physically to succeed a la Thon Maker. But if he can progress he could be something really interesting with his mobility, lenght ect....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not Ditty but I like Robinson. I didn't for awhile, when I only watched the high school baseline cam footage. High hips like everyone says, skinny, will be hard to keep position, easily bodied around and bullied by NBA athletes. And it's harder for me to judge things from the angle, so much in the way.

But after watching footage from a traditional broadcast angle, I could really see the positives. He is really fast for his size, and his size is legit 7 feet+. And his jump and reach radius is just stunning. He has the same kind of positives as Robert Williams but is 3-4 inches taller and looks like he can gain the proper muscle and just be the right combination of huge, long, and fast. Add that to his rep as a major shotblocker and rim protector, and he should be able to be a Whiteside if everything goes fine, or a Capela if everything goes better. With proper training he might be switchable. If not, he could still be a rim protecting big who runs the floor and spaces vertically.

Downsides are he has a rep for at ude and/or personality, stuff that could derail him. Even with his head on straight, he might be 2 years away. And that's 2 legit years, not fake 'get over yourself in the g-league even though you can play right now' Spurs years.

Not that it matters much, I think he'll be off the board by the time the Spurs pick.

fair breakdown

https://www.thestepien.com/mitc -robinson/
    Thanks for this breakdown.
    It gives me pause that you mention he's a legit project with 2 years away IF he works hard and puts in the work, bc then evaluations of work ethic and strong commitment to persevere are key and if he doesn't have a character that makes you believe he will put in the work that he needs, then he's like many other tantalizing prospects that don't amount to anything.... Drafting is a risk anyways but thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, my top 3 (no order)

1. Zhaire Smith
    Chandler Hutchinson
    Dzanan Musa

Pass on Robinson. Big project it sounds like ... Maybe if he fell to the 2nd round ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zhaire Smith looks like he would be a great fit alongside Kawhi on the wing as a Danny replacement...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zhaire Smith looks like he would be a great fit alongside Kawhi on the wing as a Danny replacement...
    Issue is that whomever trades for Kawhi likely loses their first in the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Issue is that whomever trades for Kawhi likely loses their first in the deal.
    Huh? Bro Kawhi isn't being traded... Chill

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to do a Maxwell on his ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like there are so many holes that they just have to take best available. For example, if Manu and Green are gone, whats the plan for the starting 2? White looks like a solid prospect, but does he start?
    I don't know about that. I wouldn't take BPA if it was a ball-dominant guard. We already have two young guys that fit the mold. I could see a 3&D wing or a big guy though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about that. I wouldn't take BPA if it was a ball-dominant guard. We already have two young guys that fit the mold. I could see a 3&D wing or a big guy though.
    It’s true, but creators are a big need for the team, and the reality is we might need to cycle through a few guys. I hope Murray and White work out, but who knows really.

I do think 3D could be good though, and probably gettable in that range. Not sure what to think about “bigs” in this evolving nba

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wish Pop would have given White more playing time this year so we could have a better idea of our PG position. Tony is done and Mills is. Or a PG and as Murray is a good defender he just doesn’t have the skill sets that I think White has. I kinda compare PG to running backs they have to have good vision to see the defense and how to attack it. They have to have that extra juice to get around someone and they got have that ability to freeze a defender cause he don’t know which way he is going to cut.
    Last edited by BackHome; 05-01-2018 at 07:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s true, but creators are a big need for the team, and the reality is we might need to cycle through a few guys. I hope Murray and White work out, but who knows really.

I do think 3D could be good though, and probably gettable in that range. Not sure what to think about “bigs” in this evolving nba
    Still a role for mobile bigs that are rim protectors. Of course it helps if they have to have a 15ft jumper, but there's still a valid role for bigs in this NBA.

Thread Information