Date of Birth: 07/28/1999
    Team: Oregon
    Hometown: Las Vegas, NV

Jeremy Wood, Sports Illustrated, 19 April 2018

Tankathon
    NBADraft.net
    RealGM
    The Stepien

18.San Antonio Spurs Troy Brown, G/F, Oregon | Fr.

Height: 6'7" | Weight: 215 | Age: 18 | Last: 16
    Stats: 11.3 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 1.6 SPG

Brown has the type of versatile, ball-moving skill set on the wing that makes sense in San Antonio, where Danny Green and Rudy Gay could be out the door and Kawhi Leonard’s future is unclear. He’s unlikely to become a go-to scorer, but his size, unselfishness and ability to play on or off the ball give him a good foundation as a modern perimeter player. When applied defensively he has the athletic tools to be impactful. Brown needs to become a better shooter, and the Spurs have had past success in that regard with young players.
    Last edited by Chinook; 04-27-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: 2018 NBA Mock Draft 8.0: What Happens if the Kings Pass on Luka Doncic?
    Jeremy Wood, June 05, 2018

New quote:

18.San Antonio Spurs Spurs: Troy Brown, SF, Oregon | Fr.

Height: 6'7" | Weight: 210 | Age: 18 | Last: 21

It’s a testament to San Antonio’s success that this is the earliest the Spurs have drafted since selecting Tim Duncan first overall in 1997 (they traded up to get Kawhi Leonard at No. 15 in 2011). The pick presents an opportunity for their aging roster to get more athletic, and Brown’s ability to move the ball and swiss-army-knife skill set on the wing would make a lot of sense. He’s not extremely aggressive and needs polish as a scorer, but has the feel to pass, handle and defend, and makes sense as an organizational fit. Brown needs to become a much better jump shooter to maximize his talent. He wasn’t especially consistent at Oregon, but scouts have been intrigued by him dating back to his high school days, and he remains a good bet to land somewhere in the middle of the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nbadraft.net: Consensus Mock 2018
    (262 users) Updated: 6/7/18 4:10 am

18 San Antonio Troy Brown 6-7 210 PG/SG Oregon Fr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DraftExpress according to reddit forum

18) SAS- Troy Brown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NESN: NBA Mock Draft 2018: First-Round Pick Projections For Every Team
    by Nicholas Goss on Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 8:00AM

18. San Antonio Spurs: Troy Brown, SG, Troy Brown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yard Barker: First Round NBA Mock Draft
    Seth Trachtman, June 4, 2018

18: San Antonio Spurs: Troy Brown, SF, Oregon

Brown averaged 11.3 points and 6.2 rebounds in his freshman season, and he has nice size as a wing at 6-7. The Spurs could be headed toward a rebuild, and Brown projects as a solid contributor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SBNation: Bright Side of the Sun: Lottery Mock Draft 4.0: How would the Suns maneuver the draft after No. 1?
    Evan Sidery, Jun 8, 2018

Spurs - Troy Brown, Wing, Oregon / Big Board: No. 15

Brown seems like the ideal San Antonio Spur, doesn't he? After working out for the Suns on Thursday, Brown has now been in front of teams in the 12-21 range. His ceiling likely begins with the Clippers but falls down to Utah, where they would quickly scoop him up. However, San Antonio doesn’t allow that after they miss out on Walker and Smith. Brown’s versatility makes him stand out in Gregg Popovich’s system where they switch like crazy. Brown also playing point guard most of his life allows a unique opportunity with his 6’7” frame. Whether Kawhi Leonard remains there or not, Brown checks a lot of what the Spurs prioritize

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked this kid.

Combo guard, versatile. Used to play PG. Can defend.
    Average athlete though and not a good shooter.

He's like Evan Turner.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Troy-Brown-83152/
    https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/07/tro...ks-basketball/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Troy Brown (Oregon) worked out for the San Antonio Spurs today, a league source told The Athletic. Brown is projected to be selected No. 18 overall by the Spurs in our latest mock draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: 2018 NBA Mock Draft 9.0: Trade Speculation Heats Up
    Jeremy Woo, June 12, 2018

18.San Antonio Spurs Spurs: Troy Brown, SF, Oregon | Fr.

Height: 6'7" | Weight: 210 | Age: 18 | Last: 18

It’s a testament to San Antonio’s success that this is the earliest the Spurs have drafted since selecting Tim Duncan first overall in 1997 (they traded up to get Kawhi Leonard at No. 15 in 2011). The pick presents an opportunity for their aging roster to get more athletic, and Brown’s ability to move the ball and swiss-army-knife skill set on the wing would make a lot of sense. He’s not extremely aggressive and needs polish as a scorer, but has the feel to pass, handle and defend, and makes sense as an organizational fit. Brown needs to become a much better jump shooter to maximize his talent. He wasn’t especially consistent at Oregon, but scouts have been intrigued by him dating back to his high school days, and he remains a good bet to land somewhere in the middle of the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack of all trades, master of none. But he's a young kid, and I would be perfectly okay with his selection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm okay with the idea of Brown. He's about the same size as Danny Green, but he obviously has better handles. I wouldn't love him, since his floor seems too low for his not-too-high ceiling. If SA finds a reason to trade down or get a pick in the early 20s for another reason, I think he could be a good pick. Wouldn't want him over Bates-Diop though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't he offensively challenged?......pass

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ringer: Mock Draft
    Updated 6.13

TROY BROWN JR. TROY BROWN JR.
    TROY BROWN JR.Shooting GuardOregon, Freshman

PTS 11.3 14.5 per 40
    REB 6.2 7.9 per 40
    AST 3.2 4.1 per 40
    EFG% 49.4 322 FGA
    STL 1.6 2.0 per 40
    BLK 0.2 0.3 per 40
    3PT% 29.1 110 3PA
    FT% 74.3 105 FTA

Main Selling Point Playmaking and size
    Age18.8
    Height/Weight6'6.75''/208
    Wingspan6'10.25''
    Standing Reach8'9''
    A defensive wing whose skills as a creator add e to his profile.
    Shades Of: Khris Middleton, Evan Turner, DeAndre Bembry
    PLUSES

Excellent passer who mixes flash with substance. He puts ideal velocity on his passes, with great accuracy, off the dribble.
    Size and ball handling make him an intriguing talent for a positionless league. Could be a matchup issue as a secondary playmaker.
    Strong frame and good balance allow him to finish well through contact, though his lack of explosiveness will hurt him when finishing against length.
    High-IQ player who cuts, moves the ball, rebounds, communicates on defense, and plays with discipline.
    Not the son of ex-NFL player Troy Brown, though he does share his ability to excel on offense and defense.
    Good team defender who plays hard, rotates, and has the frame to comfortably switch screens.

MINUSES

Unorthodox jump shot with a catapult release and inconsistent footwork leads to poor results off the catch-and-dribble.
    Average touch on floaters and layups plus average free throw percentage don’t inspire optimism for his jump shot.
    Needs to expand his repertoire of dribble moves to get to the rim in the NBA. Also needs to get more comfortable driving to his left.
    Only an average defender against speedy college guards. He’ll need to get much quicker laterally to defend the NBA’s elite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA Today: 2018 NBA mock draft 3.0: Michael Porter Jr. vaults up board; Cavs nab Trae Young
    Jeff Zillgitt,Samuel Amick and Michael Singer, 11:20 a.m. ET June 15, 2018

18. San Antonio Spurs - Troy Brown

Oregon • Forward • Freshman

Height: 6-7 • Weight: 208

There’s potentially a lot of value in Brown, who does a lot of things well but nothing great. His defensive instincts are probably his best asset, and with the right coaching and system, he could develop a more enhanced offensive game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York Post: NBA mock draft: A huge Knicks gamble and a towering top 3
    By Fred Kerber, June 15, 2018 | 8:20am

18. San Antonio: Troy Brown, Oregon, SF, 6-7, 220

Spurs not picking in high 20s? They need something special, and this do-it-all guy fits, although the shot needs refining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Washington Post: NBA mock draft 2018: Deandre Ayton to go No. 1 … but then what?
    Tim Bontemps, June 14 at 7:30 AM

18. San Antonio Spurs: Troy Brown, SG, Oregon

Brown could go anywhere in the teens, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see him land a few spots higher. The Spurs desperately need athleticism on the wings, no matter what happens with Kawhi Leonard, and Brown has a lot of long-term potential — particularly if his shot improves. There would be no one better for him to be paired with than Spurs shooting coach Chip Engelland.

Thread Information