My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Height: 6-11
    Weight: 240 lbs
    Date of Birth: 11/15/1999
    Team: Missouri
    Hometown: Columbia, MO

Sporting News, NBA Mock Draft 2018: Suns, Grizzlies snag top prospects; Cavs pick perfect partner for LeBron
    Chris Stone, Apr. 26, 2018

18. Spurs — Jontay Porter, C, Missouri

Call this a hunch. Porter is still working his way up draft boards, as he played just 24.5 minutes per game this season. However, publicly available analytic models love him due to his youth and unique skills.

Porter averaged 16.1 points, 11.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists per 40 minutes this season. He is a capable offensive playmaker who can shoot and drive in straight lines. San Antonio’s got a smart front office and a history of succeeding with players like Porter on offense. This might just be the time for a reach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porter’s father, Mizzou assistant Michael Porter Sr., wasn’t made available to reporters, but in an KMOX interview with Mike Kelly that aired Sunday, he said one team was particularly smitten with the 6-11 forward: the San Antonio Spurs, who own the No. 18 pick in the first round of the draft

“San Antonio loved him,” Porter Sr. said. “He’s cut from that kind of cloth, a big man that can shoot and pass. They do a great job of developing players. Just look at what they’ve done with Dejounte Murray. He got great feedback. When he was doing the interview with (San Antonio), he told me he said he was testing the waters and they just kind of scoffed at him. They assumed and just took for granted that he was going to stay in the draft. That was the impression he made on him and several other teams.

“In that sense it was a tough decision for him. But at the end of the day, Jontay felt like his life was moving so fast. He skipped his senior year of high school and now he’s talking about after his freshman year of high school skipping to the NBA. I think he just wanted to slow things down a little bit. I respect that decision. I really do. I could have gone either way with him.”

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...ign=user-share

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Draftnet (1/16/19)
    #19 Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Draftnet (1/16/19)
    #19 Spurs
    And maybe she slips. Looks like he is injured this whole year:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn....platform%3Damp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes he is... that could be interesting if he slips but we have to see if he can recover well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather have Bol Bol if he slips.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather take jalen McDaniels out of san Diego state. A 6'9_10" SF/PF. Players the same position Kawhi did there. But he's a much better outside game already. He is seeking, like Durant skinny but in today's NBA physicality isn't important. He could be a good 3&D SF

https://youtu.be/lytQtyuZj3c

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather have Bol Bol if he slips.
    I want either Bol Bol, Charles Bassey, Daniel Gafford, or Jaxson Hayes....or any combo of 2 of them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told you he has a family history of injuries it’s very sad I feel for the kid but I think his father had 4 or 5 knee surgeries.

He went to a top ten pick to at mid to late first and now mid to late second round at best.

Thread Information