My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Height: 6-5
    Weight: 204 lbs
    Date of Birth: 12/14/1998
    Team: Miami
    Hometown: Reading, PA

Fansided NBA: 2018 NBA Mock Draft: Where do Doncic, Ayton and Bagley land?
    Brendon Kleen, 20 hours ago, AKA 28 April 2018

18. LONNIE WALKER IVG, Miami
    I happened on this fit last week, after struggling much of the year to find a player who could help plug some of the Spurs’ holes while handling the pressure of potentially replacing Kawhi Leonard, in a sense. Walker has no shortness of confidence and looks like the type of player San Antonio has historically gotten the most out of.

With a .415/.346/.738 split, you get the impression that Walker was asked to do too much on offense in his freshman season. That’s partially due to an injury that cost sop re Bruce Brown most of the year, meaning that while Miami had a pretty modern system and roster, Walker was not an effective enough play-maker to take advantage. He had a usage rate of 22.4 percent, but just a 12.4 percent assist rate.

However, the Spurs actually need an offensive creator, considering the potential that Leonard, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are all gone this summer. We saw in this first round series what it looks like when LaMarcus Aldridge is the only real offensive threat. Walker will need some smoothing out as a passer and defender, but he will be able to create a bucket immediately at the next level.

Walker may well be taken higher than this, but if he falls, the Spurs should snatch him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The train; Im on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The train; Im on it.
    I really like him. I wasn't into drafting another guard, but I'd totally make an exception for a guy who can slash, finish and defend like that. Would not be surprised to see him go top-10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like him. I wasn't into drafting another guard, but I'd totally make an exception for a guy who can slash, finish and defend like that. Would not be surprised to see him go top-10.
    I’ve seen some mocks with him going in that range unfortunately (10-14)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is why I said the Spurs may have to be aggressive in trading up for him, especially if the goal is to pair him with Leonard. I'm not sure how I'd feel about them giving up a future first to get it done, and while trading a vet to swap picks might be an answer, I don't feel confident that they'd find a partner. Maybe Green to Cleveland for JR and a pick swap is the best, but the Cavs are a little too high for me to feel confident. If they were at like 12, then I'd argue that the deal is fair for both sides, given how down on Smith they likely are and how much money it would save going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know; I mean CLE could have gotten a “star-ish” type player for the 8th pick this deadline and elected to hold onto that pick vs bolstering the roster. If Bron is leaving then also no chance they take Danny for a pick swap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know; I mean CLE could have gotten a “star-ish” type player for the 8th pick this deadline and elected to hold onto that pick vs bolstering the roster. If Bron is leaving then also no chance they take Danny for a pick swap.
    The only hope is that JR turns toxic in the remaining games while somehow having more guaranteed money than we know about. I think the Cavs would value Danny, though it does require Lebron to stay. But I think that value is closer to the 25th pick they gave up than the 8/18 pick swap. Considered Green/Mills for Hill if the Spurs are rebuilding. The Cavs get useful role-players while SA get out of Patty's final two years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The top ten is pretty done in this draft, after that you have guys like knox, Robert williams, miles bridges but i think you right Walker’s range is between 10-16.

If someone take a flyer for Robinson, zhaire smith, musa .... in the top 15, Walker could be avalaible but i doubt it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah between 9 - 13 get some really good players Carter and Mika Porter only two who interest me if we trade Kawhi to Philly or Clippers for 12 and 13 and then move up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of people will be on him looking for the next Mitc . I like him because his strengths sound like what we need but Smith and Hutchison are just as intriguing to me right now. Also like the young kid Simons but he's super raw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of people will be on him looking for the next Mitc . I like him because his strengths sound like what we need but Smith and Hutchison are just as intriguing to me right now. Also like the young kid Simons but he's super raw.
    There are definitely other players I would be happy with; it’s just that if things break well LW4 would be at the top of my list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker looks more like Westbrook than Mitc , honestly. Hopefully, he ends up being a less cancerous player than Russ, but his hops and quickness are unreal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker looks more like Westbrook than Mitc , honestly. Hopefully, he ends up being a less cancerous player than Russ, but his hops and quickness are unreal.
    He reminds me more of Dipo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds me more of Dipo
    Not a bad comparison either. Still doesn't seem very Mitchelesque to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bad comparison either. Still doesn't seem very Mitchelesque to me.
    For sure - both great athletes but he seems bulkier and he can’t shoot as well as Mitc either.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FantasyPros: 2018 NBA Mock Draft and Analysis
    Eric Cross, May27, 2018

18. San Antonio Spurs: Lonnie Walker IV, G, Miami
    Height: 6’4″ | Weight: 190 | Age: 19 (Freshman)
    Stats: 11.5 PPG, 41.5% FG, 1.8 3PG

Wow, this is weird. When’s the last time the Spurs picked in the teens? With Tony Parker
    in the twilight of his career and not much depth in the backcourt in general, San Antonio will likely be looking there with this pick and Lonnie Walker is intriguing. He could honestly sneak into the back of the lottery but his inconsistent freshman season at Miami will likely cause him to slide a few spots into the late-teens. Walker is a solid defender and gets most of his points from driving to the hoop. Basically, everything the Spurs love. Don’t expect Walker to make much of an impact this season but is intriguing in dynasty formats.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like he'll be chosen before us...

2 weeks to find out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any thoughts on Jacob Evans - Cincinnati? Scouting reports have him being a good defender who struggled at times offensively but I like the way he looks on film.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walter Football: 2018 NBA Mock Draft: Round One - Picks 16-30
    David Kay, June 2, 2018

18. San Antonio Spurs: Lonnie Walker, SG, Miami FL, 6-4, Fr.
    The Spurs are set for an interesting offseason with veterans Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli likely to mull retirement, Danny Green possibly hitting the free agent market, and Kawhi Leonard's future with the organization up in the air. Walker was a bit inconsistent with his shooting during his freshman campaign, but has the skill and athleticism to be a contributor in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sporting News: NBA Draft 2018 Big Board: Zhaire Smith is rising, Mo Bamba slipping in latest rankings
    Chris Stone, 9:16 a.m. ET [AKA 13 June 2018]

18. Lonnie Walker IV Miami SG 6-5 196 19.5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nj.com: Latest NBA mock draft 2018: Sixers dealing No. 10 pick for Spurs' Kawhi Leonard? Knicks land star, Suns take bust at No. 1
    Kevin C. Cox, June 14, 2018 at 06:03 AM

10. Philadelphia 76ers (via Lakers)

The trade: No. 10 overall pick, Markelle Fultz and Robert Covington for Kawhi Leonard

The pick: Lonnie Walker IV, SG, Miami

The reason: San Antonio sees Walker as a future starter at shooting guard. If he can become an impact defender, this deal could look less lopsided as the years go on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be interesting if he dropped to the Spurs, really good prospect at that pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well still 6'4-6'5... wasn't someone I scouted much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information