Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    When those who know the game like myself talk QB's we get this.....

Russell Wilson was among the best QBs in 2017
    1 / 4

Back to Gallery

Seattle fired its primary offensive coaches after the 2017 season, suggesting that the offense needs a major rebuild entering 2018. That may be true, though it must be noted that up until about week 13 Russell Wilson was a clear MVP candidate.
    His production in 2017 -- leading the league in touchdown passes and breaking the record for fourth-quarter TD tosses in a single season -- could potentially go underappreciated in a year Seattle missed the playoffs and his coaches got canned, but at least one publication is handing out the necessary props

In a ranking of the top quarterbacks from the 2017 season assembled by Bleacher Report's Mark Schofield, Wilson lands at No. 3, behind Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers and New England's Tom Brady.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Google anyone talking the best NFL QB's today and Wilson is always in the top 6ish, and for you to not even mention him.......dude, ha~~~~~~~~~~~

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yes Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers are GREAT, Peyton Manning was GREAT, but............where were they in those first six seasons? What QB walked right in and did more than what Russell Wilson has done before 30? Well?

The guy never had a Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Larry Fitzgerald, Tony Gonzales, Tim Brown, Chris Carter, yet his passing stats are great. What QB could have did what he did in 2017 behind that line, yep, only Russell Wilson.

Next week the NFL players will give out who they see as the top players, when Wilson is ranked in the top 15, maybe all you know nothings will start to figure this stuff out.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Check it out.....

Final season at Wisconsin the guy sets an NCAA record when it comes to passing efficency for a season.

In his rookie NFL season he wins the starting job and ties the NFL touchdown record at 26 (Peyton) And posted a 100.0 QB rating.

In his second season he wins the SB and has another 100.0 QB rating. Only QB in history to post two 100 QB ratings in first two seasons.

In his third season he comes............................................. .................................................. .................that far from winning yet another SB.

Just how out of touch with realty are you midgets?

Little people, I've seen a ing TON of football, ok, ...USFL, WFL,,,anyone remember that, AFL, SWC, DIV II, Div III, NAIA, JC. SWAC, MEAC, SEC, ACC, Big whatevers,,,,,,seen thousands of QB's, so why am I so high on Russell Wilson, come on...why? Yep, he is something special and if you can't see it it's you, got that?

Let's take Tom Bradys best numbers for his first six seasons and make one season.

Comp% 63.9
    Yards 4,110
    TD/INT...28-12
    QB rating 92.6

Wilson

4, 214
    34/7
    110.1...led the NFL

What QB could beat Wilson at this? Dan Marino?
    Last edited by Avante; 04-30-2018 at 11:29 PM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    colin cowherd, way to back it up there.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    colin cowherd, way to back it up there.

Dude, do you honestly think ONLY Cowherd freaks out over the guy?

What amazes me is hasn't anyone here ever seen Russell Wilson play a game? Every game it's......amazing....magical...only Russell Wilson can do that. You've never heard that?

Want more videos of somebody raviing about Wilson?

Doesn't anyone watch the NFL? How can you miss all the raving over Russell Wilson? My God are you ing deaf and blind?

His highlight video is on a whole other level than anyones....EVER....ok? He's doing things never seen before.

Give me another QB who can do this....

Last edited by Avante; 05-01-2018 at 12:11 AM.

1. Rodgers
    2. Brady

3. Stafford
    4. Wilson
    5. Brees

6. Watson
    7. Wentz
    8. Big Rape
    9. Newton
    10. Rivers or Garoppolo

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    My bad, this TOP 100 NFL PLAYERS started tonight. Already in the 80's.

Ok here we go, now who would know better about the current players than the players? No not talking history, once upon a time, talking right now.

So where will Wilson be ranked?

Now if he were ranked 100, it would be....see see see he sucks, but when he shows up in the top 15, it wil be.....what do the players know, ha~~~~

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brady > Rodgers

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    taking into account recent injuries and surrounding talent tbh...

1. Tom
    2. Brees
    3. Wilson
    4. Newton
    5. Rodgers
    6. Rivers
    7. Dak
    8. Garopalo
    9. Watson
    10. Mariota
    31. Eli
    32. McCown
    45. Flacco
    Last edited by SuperCam; 05-01-2018 at 07:09 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i know you have your newton and rodgers shtick, so w/e...

but Dak #7 and Mariota #10?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Look at Mayfield right now, it's .....how long before he's playing? How long did Rodgers sit and learn? Tom Brady sat and learned.

For any rookie to walk right in and start from day one is a big deal. Then to be playing in SB's in their first three seasons, who does this?

In his entire career Dan Marino only had one season where he had a 100 QB rating, Russell Wilson has already had three in just six seasons.

I brag about the guy because of what he's doing and if ya understand the game then ya know he's special. HISTORICALLY....special. He has at least four.....only QB in history to ever............

There is no QB in NFL history who had a better first six seasons QB rating than Russell Wilson.

You can take any QB ever, and compare their career with Wilson and nobody did it better before 30, if talking starts, running, passing, winning. If he plays 14=16 years he will go on the Mount Rushmore for QB's.

People talk up Carson Wentz, ok, compare his first two seasons stats to Russell Wilson. Wilson the only QB in history to ever post 100 ratings his first two seasons, no QB in NFL history had more TD passes as a rookie. Notice that word.....history?

The guy is constantly voted to the pro bowl, always ranked high in the players rankings, has all those TV announcers raving about and him and I 'm a guy who grew up watching Unitas, Tarkenton, Starr play raving about him. How could anyone not get the greatness that is Russell Wilson?

In his 4th season but his first season as the starter, Aaron Rodgers put up...

63.6 comp %
    28-13 TD/INT
    93.8 QB rating

As a rookie Russell Wilson....

26-(rookie record) 10

Joe Montana would get..."different era"...because he was nowhere even remotely close to Wilson those first six seasons. Johnny U....a...hahahahahaha~~~ Yep, Tom Brady the GOAT can't match Wilson's first six seasons.

I get this...yippeeeeeee I can bother people on the internet with no repurcussions for my actions...because I play that also, BUT...don't look like a total idiot in doing it, ok?

You cannot talk the top10 NFL QB's playing today without Russell Wilson somewhere in the top sixish, if ya do you don't know the sport at all.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-01-2018 at 10:54 PM.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    i know you have your newton and rodgers shtick, so w/e...

but Dak #7 and Mariota #10?
    they are carrying teams to playoffs with no help on that side of the ball. any top 50 qb could succeed on steelers or falcons which have riches at every skill position tbh. only Cam carried a bigger pack of scrubs into the playoffs: WR rotation of Russell Shephard Brentin Berson Kaelin Clay and almost stealing playoff game in NO if Funchess wasn't a lazy got

romo couldn't do with same team
    Last edited by SuperCam; 05-01-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    taking into account recent injuries and surrounding talent tbh...

1. Tom
    2. Brees
    3. Wilson
    4. Newton
    5. Rodgers
    6. Rivers
    7. Dak
    8. Garopalo
    9. Watson
    10. Mariota
    31. Eli
    32. McCown
    45. Flacco
    You obviously don't know the game. There is nothing NOTHING that has Wilson/Newton/Brees above Aaron Rodgers, yep, can debate Brady.

You really do need to take some time and actually study just what Newtons career looks like, he is not all that and his numbers prove that out. Yes....12=16...sure.

Career numbers.

comp% 58.5........check out Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Brees
    QB rating....85.3.....check out any of the starting QB's with some experience.

Yes, he can run which is a nice weapon to have. Sure in the top half of the league but top 10...nay~~~~~~

See where the players rate him.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-01-2018 at 11:37 PM.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    off pedo. dodgers is a career choker, tbqh. look at his W-L going into the 4th quarter from behind, it is atrocious compared to the other QBs on that list. he is great at front running though.

The only time Dodgers ever comes from behind is when in bed with the pool boy

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    they are carrying teams to playoffs with no help on that side of the ball.

1. #Tommy
    2. Rodgers
    3. Watson
    4. Brees
    5. Wilson
    6. Stafford
    7. Big Ben
    8. Wentz
    9. Jimmy G
    10. Rivers

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I get there is a shtick that mobile QB's aren't that good around here, but its absolutely ridiculous to not have Cam as a top ten QB. He has consistently led his team in the playoffs, including leading the team in rushing this past year, because bum ass Jonathan Stewart couldn't even average 3.5 per carry. There's a reason players consistently say Cam is on par with Rodgers, Manning and Brady in regards to preparation difficulty. But whatever. Cam will end up top ten in rushing and passing touchdowns, as well as passing yards, and will be known as one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game when its said and done. The stats will 100% support it.

1 - Brady
    2 - Rodgers
    3 - Brees
    4 - Roethlisberger
    5 - Wilson
    6 - Newton
    7 - Rivers
    8 - Ryan
    9 - Wentz (hasn't proven in this league, yet some have him top five)
    10 - Luck (inactivity)
    3 -

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I haven't really posted up here much because I've been talking football on the PFF's forum - but to see people name people like Watson, Stafford, Luck, Jimmy G over Newton? Ridiculous.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    You should log in under Kool Bob Love and your hockey alts so even more people can agree you

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    You should log in under Kool Bob Love and your hockey alts so even more people can agree you
    And you should probably start drinking early because your bum-ass Texans aren't going to make the playoffs again until they rebrand to the Oilers.

Good job signing Honey Badgers then using a draft pick on Justin Reid. Looks like your GM knows what to do.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Well my QB isn't Cam Newton, so there's that

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You also don't cats or get bossed around by your gf's sister.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Newton is the Russell Westbrook of the NFL

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Imagine thinking a Tyrod, Dalton, McCown tier QB deserves to be top 10.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Yep. Your QB already tore his ACL six games into his rookie year, and is one chip sack away from being a bust Bridgewater-style.

Thread Information