Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Did you read Chichari guaranteeing the WC trophy?
    Mexican soccer players lack the killer instinct to rise from the middle of the pack into the elite.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    That's not too bad, Lebron >> Kobe obviously

Who would be Ginobili's football equivalent?
    De Bruyne - Might not always be the headliner, but can't win without him.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 05-02-2018 at 11:42 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Ginóbili=Xavi

The most underrated legends of their respective sports.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    penaldo = kobe (both less talented than goats but both workaholics, obssessed with winning, narcissistic, sociopats)
    messi = lebron (clear goat talent but lacking in the ruthlessness department)
    jordan = maradona (goat talent and real hood s)
    cryuff = russell (overrated one trick ponies)
    platini = bird (smarts over body, both grade A assholes)
    brasil ronaldo = magic (not a long career but insanely dominant, goat talent both of them)
    pele = wilt (check my stats in undo ented era)
    zidane = duncan( dominant yet discreet, true leaders)
    xavi = stockton ( true selfless floor generals)
    neymar = kyrie ( great talent yet overrated, also greatly overshadowed by goats)
    robben = westbrook (passing ? overrated tbh)
    ronaldinho = shaq (could've been goats but didn't care that much)
    maldini = david robinson (gentlemen and leaders)
    So if Champions league equals NBA championships, where is all of Maradona's Champions league hardware? Even MJ has olympic gold to go along with his 6 NBA championships. If MVP and ballon d'or are equivalent, where's Maradona's?
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 05-03-2018 at 12:33 AM.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Hristo Stoichkov = Charles Barkley (both fiery players with much to say)
    Sergio Ramos = Bill Laimbeer (dirty enforcers)
    Carlos Valderrama = Josh Childress (cause hair)
    Luis Suarez = Draymond Green (always embroiled in on-the-pitch/on-the-court controversy - big mouth/big teeth)
    Gabriel Batistuta = Kevin McHale (clinical finishers around the goal/basket)

need to find equivalents for:

Gianluigi Buffon
    Franck Ribéry
    Marco Van Basten
    Michael Laudrup

and

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    So if Champions league equals NBA championships, where is all of Maradona's Champions league hardware? Even MJ has olympic gold to go along with his 6 NBA championships. If MVP and ballon d'or are equivalent, where's Maradona's?
    smh at this amateur tbh

lmao son, maradona has world cup RANGZ and finals where he dragged hot with historic wins like vs italy. UCL is nothing compared to a world cup.

1 world cup RANG as the man = 5 UCL
    1 world cup final as the man = 2.5 UCL

also lol at olympic golds with team usa, that's like primeras won as the 3rd goal keeper reserve at real madrid.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Bill Laimbeer = Carlos Mozer tbh

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Luis Suarez = Draymond Green (always embroiled in on-the-pitch/on-the-court controversy - big mouth/big teeth)

Gianluigi Buffon
    Franck Ribéry
    Marco Van Basten
    Michael Laudrup

and

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    Jay Jay Okocha = Tim Hardaway (utmost craftiness with their ball-handling abilities - often left foes on the ground)
    Zlatan Ibrahimović = Stephen Curry (magicians with the ball / ability to create crazy "wtf did he just do?" moments)
    Thiery Henry = Joe Dumars
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 05-03-2018 at 05:26 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Gianluigi Buffon
    Franck Ribéry
    Marco Van Basten
    Michael Laudrup

and

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    Buffon can be Manu too. 40 yo still performing at a good level and is well respected by everybody.

Buffon can be Manu too. 40 yo still performing at a good level and is well respected by everybody.
    Lol no.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    smh at this amateur tbh

lmao son, maradona has world cup RANGZ and finals where he dragged hot with historic wins like vs italy. UCL is nothing compared to a world cup.

1 world cup RANG as the man = 5 UCL
    1 world cup final as the man = 2.5 UCL

also lol at olympic golds with team usa, that's like primeras won as the 3rd goal keeper reserve at real madrid.
    Messi dragged hot to the finals of the 2014 World Cup against the heavily favored Germans but as the saying goes, you can lead a pile of to water but you can't make it drink. (inb4 Haguain, who singlehandedly cost them the WC is a good player). Oh, and if Messi were to get this group of scrubs back to a WC finals in 2018, Argentina should consider putting Messi's head front and center on the Argentine pesos.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Messi dragged hot to the finals of the 2014 World Cup against the heavily favored Germans but as the saying goes, you can lead a pile of to water but you can't make it drink. (inb4 Haguain, who singlehandedly cost them the WC is a good player). Oh, and if Messi were to get this group of scrubs back to a WC finals in 2018, Argentina should consider putting Messi's head front and center on the Argentine pesos.
    smh what a ing disaster of a post

please tbh, that's some hours revisionist theory bull fairweather fan trumpvoting crap.

peak messi, peak piguain, peak aguero, peak di maria, peak romero, peak lavezzi.
    good pieces from manchester city like zabaleta and demichelis, and garay, together working for one of the best defenses in the compe ion.
    a competent coach in sabella.
    one of the all time easiest paths to the final.
    against one of the least experienced teams in the tournament, who before the semifinal thrashing of brasil was just another SF team, but after that the media hyped it to oblivion.

and yes higuain is a good player and juventus spent insane money to get him.

lmao comparing it to maradona's gauntlet in 1990 of a super tough group (soviet, strong romania, best cameroon), brasil, yugoslavia, italy at home and west germany (who after fall of wall played very hard for the nation). Just lol son
    you millenneal kids need to tone down the talking about that happened before your dadies lost their virginity

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    also balolitaly = jr smith ... both super talented and super idiots

please tbh, that's some hours revisionist theory bull fairweather fan trumpvoting crap.

peak messi, peak piguain, peak aguero, peak di maria, peak romero, peak lavezzi.
    good pieces from manchester city like zabaleta and demichelis, and garay, together working for one of the best defenses in the compe ion.
    against one of the least experienced teams in the tournament, who before the semifinal thrashing of brasil was just another SF team, but after that the media hyped it to oblivion.

lmao comparing it to maradona's gauntlet in 1990 of a super tough group (soviet, strong romania, best cameroon), brasil, yugoslavia, italy at home and west germany (who after fall of wall played very hard for the nation). Just lol son
    you millenneal kids need to tone down the talking about that happened before your dadies lost their virginity
    That Argentina team was favourite to win the cup and ultimately got to the finals thanks to their defensive wall.

Its crazy how people forget that Argentina was the best defensive team in 2014.

Its like all of a sudden they think messi had to score goals to get there. He scored none.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    That Argentina team was favourite to win the cup and ultimately got to the finals thanks to their defensive wall.

Its like all of a sudden they think messi had to score goals to get there. He scored none.
    tbh that's reality, many people had them for favorites. TBH many germans thought that we wouldn't score against their very good defense and that missi was gonna tear us a new one and were prepared for a loss, especially since the team wasn't that experienced .. of course people hate reasonable arguments because like any of these players give a about us

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

What a lying pos, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

lol that reading that part and then the rest of your post.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Giroud = Rivaldo

oh wait

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    dfens regulating ITT tbh, good stuff son

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count

Facts tbh

What a lying pos, tbh.
    Look at yourself in the mirror. Before the world cup started Argentina was one of the favourites.

Aguero-Higuin-DiMaria
    Masche-Zabaleta-Demichelis-Garay

That was a team that many considered favourites to win.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    lol that reading that part and then the rest of your post.
    what up son. which part of my post didn't you like tbh?

what up son. which part of my post didn't you like tbh?
    He wants us to believr messi impressed and that they only lost because he was playing with a bunch of farmers

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count

At the amount of arrogance and ignorance in one post.....

Myths usually form either through influential people not doing their homework, people looking for what suits their agenda instead of what's right or a German bull ter trying to retell history by trying to fit a square bomb into a round narrative without anyone noticing the stench.

Peak Valdano, peak Burruchaga (game winner in finals), Brown, Batista, Enrique, Ruggeri, Pumpido ( conceded 5 goals all tournament- two on set pieces in finals). Maradonna may have been the Argentina's talisman and best player on the pitch but it was NOT a one man show. And regadless of publc opinion, Carlos Bilardo was a great manager.

Also, Germany was one of the favorites to win the world cup (5 to 1) behind host country Brazil so don't give me that inexperienced, just happy to be there bull . They were young, but very talented.

And Prima donna wouldn't have a single WC to his name if it wasn't for Pasculli vs Uraguay and the "Hands of god" goal ( otherwise known as "illegal" goal in today's soccer but the soccer gods back in the day were much more liberal on what was and wasn't a good goal) vs England. He had to beg his teammates to come hug him for fear the goal wouldn't have counted.

You bring up the Guantlet in 1990 as if it was Maradona and a bunch of merry men humbly graced to be in the presences of Greatness when in fact that Argentina team was the equivalent to the 2016 Euro Cup Portugal team, without the hardware. Argentina scored only 5 goals the entire tournament. They won with stealth defense and penalty shoot out wins. And yeah, they were completely out classed in the finals by West Germany. Words I would use to best describe Argentina's performance in the finals of the world cup... weak, pathetic and lucky to be there! The World cup finals between Argentina and West Germany was also cited as being of the lowest qualty football of all World Cup finals. Meanwhile, Maradona had zero goals beyond group stage and even managed to miss his penalty kick against Yugoslavia in the Quarter finals that would have won it. Thank god for back up goalie Goycochea in net saving two blasts that could have won it for Yugo (Who were playing with 10 men for much of the match) before Dezotti netted the winner.

revisionist history at its finest.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 05-04-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Thread Information