My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Parted ways" a polite way of saying he got the boot..

This probably puts he nail in the coffin of dual Coach/GM positions. All these power-tripping second rate coaches wanting to be the next Pop. ..

As for SVG, this one of the worst GM runs by someone who is a truly great basketball mind. It even ended up ruining his coaching pedigree..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dewayne Casey might be next. He might be available for Detroit though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SVG was a slightly above average coach for most of his time in orlando, but at making him a HC/GM as if he was some elite basketball mind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SVG might get the Bucks gig. I think he used to coach college ball in that area.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SVG was a slightly above average coach for most of his time in orlando, but at making him a HC/GM as if he was some elite basketball mind
    He was a great coach in Orlando, way ahead of his time..

Like Thibs, though, the game has probably passed him by..

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Absolutely, the game had passed him by. Made a lumbering, rebounding but non-scoring center his franchise player. Then added a true PF to that center at a time where having those two just can’t co-exist in the new style of NBA play. And those two players have ginormous, immovable contracts. Blake has tried to redefine and evolve his game, but at his best, it’s still about him attacking the basket in the paint. And Drummond just gets in the way. The Pistons are in a cluster and have no first round pick. Van Gundy leaves that team in an impossibly irredeemable and unfixable situation.

In reality, the only realistically smart way to go is to tank for 3-4 years and hope to get lucky in the 2019, 2020, 2021 drafts so they might be in a better situation when the Drummond and Griffin contracts expire.

Thread Information