My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    EC has been an embarrassment to the game since Jordan retired

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    LeBron haters during the regular season and first round: "The East is more compe ive than it's been in a long time. No way LeBron makes it to the Finals with contenders like the Raptors, Sixers and Celtics standing in his way!"

LeBron haters now: "The East is so weak, it's a disgrace to the league. No way LeBron misses the Finals with pretenders like the Raptors, Sixers and Celtics standing in his way!"

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    LeBron haters during the regular season and first round: "The East is more compe ive than it's been in a long time. No way LeBron makes it to the Finals with contenders like the Raptors, Sixers and Celtics standing in his way!"

LeBron haters now: "The East is so weak, it's a disgrace to the league. No way LeBron misses the Finals with pretenders like the Raptors, Sixers and Celtics standing in his way!"
    This is true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes.
    And always the "Swap out other star (fake media or real) with LeBron and how would this Cavs team do?"
    Frauden with this Cavs roster.
    CPO
    Durbetta

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Fair point ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think anyone considered Philly to be a contender, coming into the season. Also, the compe iveness of the east, has been nuked by the injuries to the Celtics.. but tbf it is even worse in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It had a stretch where it was pretty good from '03-'06 with Pistons,Nets,Heat battling it out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Please. Who said that dumbass - was it Horse tbh?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    We just gonna act like the Sixers weren't the trendy pick to make the Finals last round? I'm pretty sure I even posted in the playoff thread that it was re ed how everyone was picking them when they're too young and not ready yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It had a stretch where it was pretty good from '03-'06 with Pistons,Nets,Heat battling it out.
    Not really though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really though
    Pistons,Heat won the finals 2 out of the 3 years between '04-'06. I can be honest and say Pistons would have won in '05 had Horry not hit that 3 in game 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no doubt that since 1999, the East is significantly weaker than the West, but still, with what Lebron is doing, you have to wonder if it's the East really being as weak as it is portrayed, or is it Lebron being that ridiculously dominant.

I am sure Lebron won't make 7 or 8 finals straight in the West, but he would most definitely make a few.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about the 80s or early 90s, but in my lifetime, I've literally never seen a championship team affected by its road to the Finals

This is another one of those basic sports fan beliefs..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no doubt that since 1999, the East is significantly weaker than the West, but still, with what Lebron is doing, you have to wonder if it's the East really being as weak as it is portrayed, or is it Lebron being that ridiculously dominant.

I am sure Lebron won't make 7 or 8 finals straight in the West, but he would most definitely make a few.
    Lebron is definitely an all time great somewhere on the top 10 list. Not anybody could have had the type of run he has in the East but I do believe you can put other top 10 players such as Shaq,Duncan,Magic and they would have been able to go to 7 straight finals in this current Eastern conferences.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Meh, no well informed fan thought the Sixers and Raptors are going to be a force come playoff time...stop reaching

The Celtics were the only threat to LeStatpad but of course, as luck would have it, their 2 best players are out with injuries, giving Lebron another clear and easy path to the Finals.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Meh, no well informed fan thought the Sixers and Raptors are going to be a force come playoff time...stop reaching
    That's weird, since you were talking about the Raptors in the Finals like it was a real possibility as recently as March:

I agree. Personally, either the Cavs or Raptors vs Houston would be a great series.
    Now it's "nobody thought they were going to be a force come playoff time." Can't have it both ways.

The Celtics were the only threat to LeStatpad
    Again, that's weird, since you had the Pacers beating "LeStatpad" in the first round - let alone just being a threat to him:

1st round exit without Kyrie ...

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You misunderstood ^

I wanted to see anyone but Golden State in the Finals. I want to see a decent series and having the Warriors back in that stage really eliminates that.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Oh and thanks for bumping THAT thread

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272757

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol the East wasn't that strong in the 90s

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The East was probably better for 3 years(2008-2010) during this time period, but who cares? Even most LeBron fans outside of ESPN don't care about his Finals streak, tbh it actually works against him, since casuals cite his Finals record..

I've never understood why fans care about conference strength, though..it has no effect on the final result..outside of rare occurrences(2011, 2006, 2003), the NBA never has more than 3 contenders, regardless of conference..

This year only has 2 contenders, the Warriors and Rockets..no other teams are in the same universe as them..last season only had 1 legit contender..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's weird, since you were talking about the Raptors in the Finals like it was a real possibility as recently as March:

Now it's "nobody thought they were going to be a force come playoff time." Can't have it both ways.

Again, that's weird, since you had the Pacers beating "LeStatpad" in the first round - let alone just being a threat to him:
    CN chin checking these farmers

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lol the East wasn't that strong in the 90s
    this

its funny how people think that reggie, hardway, mourning, mark jackson were some megastars or something

or how about that hawks team that won 56 games with the dynamic trio of steve smith, christian lattener, and mutumbo

truth is every year since the 80s, there has pretty much been 2-3 teams, 4 tops legitimately competing for a championship, and the rest are fodder for those top teams

why do people suddenly care when its lebron's legacy being talked about? stupid, especially since he has beaten west teams in the finals anyways, including the winningest team of all time

Thread Information