My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have some backside / backdoor details already been worked out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They may be unbiased this series b/c the NBA got what they want. 2 major markets. Or, the NBA may fluff up the Rockettes to create the illusion of a "rivalry" like they did with the Celtics and Lakers in '08-'10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe it's just a game, and whoever puts the ball in the basket more wins.

Radical idea, I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Radical idea, I know.
    That's not how pro leagues work dude. If it was, no one would watch. Capturing the interest of casual fans (most of the revenue generation -- high priced seats and tv contracts) is about entertainment, drama, and creating something that doesn't naturally materialize (like pushing the media to invent a rivalry or invent stars) when those things aren't there.

This is why leagues like MLS don't work. Mostly small markets and no stars = no casual fan base. Granted they're paying a ton to bring washed up European stars to the MLS to generate interest, we'll see how that goes. It's also why leagues like the NHL allow (encourage?) fighting. It's interesting. Also why Nascar sensationalizes crashes and beefs between drivers.

Meanwhile look at the WWE. Still minting money doing something that is basically soap opera. People find it interesting and tune in/buy tickets for that mostly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not how pro leagues work dude. If it was, no one would watch. Capturing the interest of casual fans (most of the revenue generation -- high priced seats and tv contracts) is about entertainment, drama, and creating something that doesn't naturally materialize (like pushing the media to invent a rivalry or invent stars) when those things aren't there.

This is why leagues like MLS don't work. Mostly small markets and no stars = no casual fan base. Granted they're paying a ton to bring washed up European stars to the MLS to generate interest, we'll see how that goes. It's also why leagues like the NHL allow (encourage?) fighting. It's interesting. Also why Nascar sensationalizes crashes and beefs between drivers.

Meanwhile look at the WWE. Still minting money doing something that is basically soap opera. People find it interesting and tune in/buy tickets for that mostly.
    I did say it was a radical idea, didn't I?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Radical idea, I know.
    Please. Both these teams get Lakers-level officiating.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As long as the Spurs are shining shoes I'm good tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please. Both these teams get Lakers-level officiating.
    In that case, shouldn't their supposed rigged-ness cancel each other out, resulting in a fair game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did you have to use the R word?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those damn no good dirty riggers

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My sense of humor lends itself to finding the le of this thread funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did you see?
    Game 1 I tolerated about 1/3 of the game.

From what I saw, advantage WarriorRef.
    Specifically Gordon driving it hard to the hoop. Donkey definitely with the clear body shot as Gordon still made the shot. No call. I see Game Thread where Donkey could have been t'd up 2Xs over.

The over and back non call when Warriors should have turned it over. Right on cue as Houston was definitely regaining momentum.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Looks like RocketRef showed up and showed out:

SMDH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like RocketRef showed up and showed out:
    push off combined with Derek Swisher level got flop.

1 call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I have seen it has definitely been advantage Warrior.

However some stunning proper calls against Golden State -in crunch time to boot!
    Example Donkey being rung up for his trip/push in the 4th in Game 4. Of course he stands there in shock for 10 seconds.

Thread Information