Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn; NBA coaches have serious inferiority complexes.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/05/0...h-of-the-year/

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Lol Casey. Coach of the year says it's PROBABLY his fault that he didn't make it clear that the best basketball player ever should be trapped and denied the ball.

Our goal in the timeout was to trap him and make someone else beat us,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. “He split the trap and went 100 miles an hour down the floor and lost them. We just didn’t execute. It was probably my fault that I didn’t make it clear that we wanted to trap him and get the ball out of his hands. We had it started in the backcourt, and for whatever reason, we let him out of the trap.”

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's pretty crazy, though my vote would have gone to Quin Snyder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the best coach in the league, but when you look at the talent on that team (even with all the injuries) there were better candidates to pick like Snyder, McMillan, Brown, and, yes, Casey.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Lol Casey. Coach of the year says it's PROBABLY his fault that he didn't make it clear that the best basketball player ever should be trapped and denied the ball.

Our goal in the timeout was to trap him and make someone else beat us,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. “He split the trap and went 100 miles an hour down the floor and lost them. We just didn’t execute. It was probably my fault that I didn’t make it clear that we wanted to trap him and get the ball out of his hands. We had it started in the backcourt, and for whatever reason, we let him out of the trap.”
    He also had the nerve to claim he "wasn't outcoached" at the Raptors' postseason press conference today.

This joke of an award is for two reasons. First of all, there's been rumors of Casey being fired and this is the other coaches' way of supporting him. Second of all, the other coaches are clearly salty about how Stevens makes them all look like idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brad stevens is like what 41? he has like 30 years to get the COTY

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    As good a coach as Stevens is, he’s starting to get too much hype, particularly on these boards. He may very well be the best coach in the league right now. He probably is. But some folks hype him like he’s walking on water and turning water into wine. I know the injuries to Hayward and Kyrie changed a lot for Boston. But it’s not like those were their only two good players. Their two young studs were both top 3 picks. They had to grow up quick, but they are obviously uber talented. And their anchor and leader Horford was a former top 3 pick himself. They’re not void of high level talent even with the injuries. The talent is there. Rozier has surprised, but it’s not like he was some homeless cat off the street. He was a mid first round pick too.

If anything, Ainge doesn’t get enough credit for building such a nice depth of talent beyond the top guys since everyone is on Brad Stevens tip so much. And people on the Eastern Conference all the time. Milwaukee sucks. Philly was good but young and inexperienced. Even if they were to beat LeBron, people claim this is his worst team since 2007. So is Stevens really turning water into wine?

Talent wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This board had been continually ting on ainge up to and including the kyrie trade.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean McVay of the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stevens didn't finish the regular season as well as he did last year, and he had Kyrie Irving much of the season. What did he do in the RS that was so great? He started strong (again) and petered out (again) near the end. Sure he lost Hayward and then Irving, but his record doesn't say "improvement" when you go from 1st in the conference to 2nd, even with 2 more wins.

Coaches of Boston and LA probably will never get much love because these two teams seem to get more than their fair share of free agent talent. Even Phil only ever won it one time, the same number as Avery Johnson and coach Bud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As good a coach as Stevens is, he’s starting to get too much hype, particularly on these boards. He may very well be the best coach in the league right now. He probably is. But some folks hype him like he’s walking on water and turning water into wine. I know the injuries to Hayward and Kyrie changed a lot for Boston. But it’s not like those were their only two good players. Their two young studs were both top 3 picks. They had to grow up quick, but they are obviously uber talented. And their anchor and leader Horford was a former top 3 pick himself. They’re not void of high level talent even with the injuries. The talent is there. Rozier has surprised, but it’s not like he was some homeless cat off the street. He was a mid first round pick too.

If anything, Ainge doesn’t get enough credit for building such a nice depth of talent beyond the top guys since everyone is on Brad Stevens tip so much. And people on the Eastern Conference all the time. Milwaukee sucks. Philly was good but young and inexperienced. Even if they were to beat LeBron, people claim this is his worst team since 2007. So is Stevens really turning water into wine?

Talent wins.

Boston is way more talented than they're given credit for. Yes, Isaiah Thomas played great there, and he gets a lot out of guys who I never thought would be rotation players like Baynes and Morris. He obviously is a great coach.

But Tatum, Brown, Rozier, and Horford are all very talented and should get a lot of credit as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Talent wins.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't the mainstream COTY award; it's the lesser known award voted on by the coaches. All his peers give him the lip service about how awesome he is, but as you can see there's some saltiness there. That's my point; I understand that he was not the only plausible COTY otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Boston is way more talented than they're given credit for. Yes, Isaiah Thomas played great there, and he gets a lot out of guys who I never thought would be rotation players like Baynes and Morris. He obviously is a great coach.

But Tatum, Brown, Rozier, and Horford are all very talented and should get a lot of credit as well.
    How did you think that Aron Baynes & Marcus Morris weren't rotation players? They literally were rotation players just last season on Detroit....

Yes, Baynes is having the season of his pro career, but he was more than serviceable during his stops in San Antonio and Detroit.....

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did you think that Aron Baynes & Marcus Morris weren't rotation players? They literally were rotation players just last season on Detroit....

Yes, Baynes is having the season of his pro career, but he was more than serviceable during his stops in San Antonio and Detroit.....
    I must admit I didnt watch much of Baynes in Detroit, in SA he was more of a change of pace/gimmicky/effort guy who Pop would throw in the game when he was resting more important players or to send a message to the starters when they were stinking up the joint. I always liked him but during the le run I don't remember him playing much. But now he's playing solid defense, making smart decisions, and even has a somewhat reliable 3pt shot from the corner.

With Morris I just always thought he was a headcase who nobody really wanted to put up with, so I never paid much attention to him either.

I guess the better way to put it would be that I never thought those guys would be solid rotation players on a championship contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't the mainstream COTY award; it's the lesser known award voted on by the coaches. All his peers give him the lip service about how awesome he is, but as you can see there's some saltiness there. That's my point; I understand that he was not the only plausible COTY otherwise.
    Ah okay, didn't know that was a thing. Seems pointless

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah okay, didn't know that was a thing. Seems pointless
    Not really. In theory the other coaches should be better suited to vote on the award than the media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How often tho that does not end up being the case.
    Like when a team of young talent looks destined for future winning. Injuries, etc it never pans out.

Regardless, i'm sure Stevens doesn't care what a bunch of old salty phucks think.
    Another Stoopid meaningless award.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree. Everyone is acting as if Boston has a ty roster. But they actually have a pretty good team even without Irving and Hayward. Brown and Tatum are top 3 picks and they should be playing the way they are. Horford is a 5 time all star. They also have a bunch of good role players in Smart, Morris and Baynes. The only surprise is Rozier. I'd say that Pop did a much better job this regular season with the Spurs pathetic roster in the west than Stevens did in the east. And i ain't a Pop lover.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Brad Stevens is this era's Pop.. Kerr is Phil

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

And you guys defended Casey winning and Stevens not getting any votes.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Brad Stevens seems more like Larry Brown, very adaptable to what players he has. Gets the most out of what he’s got. Doesn’t need superstar talent to be legitimately contending. But also has had success with superstars. This Boston team resembles what the Larry Brown Indiana Pacers did for a couple years.

All due respect to Pop, we’re not sure what a Pop in his prime would have done without superstar talent. Now, many Spurs fans think the game has passed him by.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

And you guys defended Casey winning and Stevens not getting any votes.
    This only 2 days after COTY ...

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

even the midget knows it. Stevens made him

Thread Information