Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can agree with this ...
    I think 12th was fair for Achilles ...but i can buy an argument for him as high as 8th or as low as 15th.
    me personally he is my #2 SG which pits him low end top 10
    LeBron is the goat SF so that puts him top 5 with magic kareem
    Duncan and the GOAT ...
    I agree with this post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have kobe right thur with wade. d wade is one of the most underrated player of his generation.
    Agreed, Kobe vs. Wade is a tough call.

Closer than people like to give Wade credit for. Biggest knock on Wade is longevity. He had a relativly short prime tbh. His body deteriorated on him pretty quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can agree with this ...
    I think 12th was fair for Achilles ...but i can buy an argument for him as high as 8th or as low as 15th.
    me personally he is my #2 SG which pits him low end top 10
    LeBron is the goat SF so that puts him top 5 with magic kareem
    Duncan and the GOAT ...
    I can agree with this. Killa one of the more sensible Lakers posters on the site.

8 might be a touch too high, but 10-15 sounds about right.

He and Wade are close at SG I think. LOL at the dumb asses saying Harden>Kobe though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12 gonna 12

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Another Kobe thread.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Looks like there's another thread exposing Kobe:

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    would take manu, wade over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The fact we still see them shows his relevance ...
    His relevance is more as a pop icon rather than one of the best players of all time. Someone like Duncan wasn't a pop icon and whenever you hear of him now it's due to him being one of the best players to ever play the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow!!!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I see Spur fan still eating Frosted Flakes with Kobe's ...

all that bull can be easily refuted point by point...no sane person even cares at this point. You losers are pathetic. and the most pathetic of them all are Clipper Nation and Chuco...them cats are sip Kobe out the baby bottle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A "Laker fan" with over 40k post on a Spursfan board calling others pathetic and losers

Never change got.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

all that bull can be easily refuted point by point...no sane person even cares at this point. You losers are pathetic. and the most pathetic of them all are Clipper Nation and Chuco...them cats are sip Kobe out the baby bottle.
    A lot of salt in this post. Anyways Kool are you excited about getting Kawhi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe could have been great if he wasn't such a selfish got tbh

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    I got Kobe > Harden, though
    harden is the most fundamentally skilled SG to ever play the game though. if he had the physique and athleticism of a kobe/mj he'd be right there with lebron in GOAT potential tbqh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

this is still alive son where's the gay cartoons at?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe could have been great if he wasn't such a selfish got tbh
    tbh tbh tbh tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    harden is the most fundamentally skilled SG to ever play the game though. if he had the physique and athleticism of a kobe/mj he'd be right there with lebron in GOAT potential tbqh
    Kobe had a post-up game and made 12 all-defensive teams, though

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A "Laker fan" with over 40k post on a Spursfan board calling others pathetic and losers

Never change got.
    LOL Spurs board guzzling Lebron thread after thread when you already have an all time great better than him in Duncan. At least we defend our guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the travel stepback = fundamentals lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    post up game ?
    midrange game?
    man2man defense?
    help defense?
    switch defense?
    leadership?
    scoring under physical defense?

comparing harden with kobe

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So the travel stepback = fundamentals lol
    jordan would average 40 in this league tbh, not even joking smh.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    unlikely

there are far more legit wing players in todays league, along with no more illegal defenses

he would not only have to face far better defenders/athletes/schemes, he would have to work much harder on defense, whether guarding wings like Lebron/KD/Harden/Kawhi, keeping up with guards like Steph/CP3/Russ, or chasing around guys like Korver/Klay/Beal through 10 screens each possession. much harder for him to conserve energy by hiding on defense than in his day, especially without the size to be able to play as a hybrid center the way guys like Lebron and KD can, and focus on team defense with their length and athletic ability.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    40 bricks per game, sure.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    unlikely

there are far more legit wing players in todays league, along with no more illegal defenses

he would not only have to face far better defenders/athletes/schemes, he would have to work much harder on defense, whether guarding wings like Lebron/KD/Harden/Kawhi, keeping up with guards like Steph/CP3/Russ, or chasing around guys like Korver/Klay/Beal through 10 screens each possession. much harder for him to conserve energy by hiding on defense than in his day, especially without the size to be able to play as a hybrid center the way guys like Lebron and KD can, and focus on team defense with their length and athletic ability.

he would not only have to face far better defenders/athletes/schemes athletes don't make defenders, look at the horrible defense played these playoffs, and a no-middle basic scheme was being played even in the 70s so just lol at better schemes. also look at what lebron is doing and compare his first step and footwork to MJs, who had historically elite first step + footwork. Jordan would destroy without handchecking, he'd absolutely terrorize defenses. Also compare the undersized and soft centers of today's game to what you had in the 80s ... jordan would live in the paint in today's game.

he would have to work much harder on defense jordan was dpoy in an era of great centers, he played with a ferocity that would get him multiple T1s per game under today's rules, and his first step allowed him to be ultra aggressive without giving position away. He played in a physical era where defending meant taking a beating .. tbh you don't know what you're talking about here smh, jordan is a top 5 perimeter defender of all time and this era is all about perimeter defense.

whether guarding wings like Lebron/KD/Harden/Kawhi, keeping up with guards like Steph/CP3/Russ, or chasing around guys like Korver/Klay/Beal through 10 screens each possession. guarding lebron don't think so (too big), guarding kd/harden yes he'd make these s cry, kawai would be an easy guard for him. jordan has a faster first step than all of steph/cp3/russ while being a superior athlete, with superior size/reach/explosion/strength/aggression. he'd be an amazing defender in this era, as his foot speed and lane play would do much better than in the 80s. different rules also mean that he'd roam much more.

much harder for him to conserve energy by hiding on defense than in his day, especially without the size to be able to play as a hybrid center the way guys like Lebron and KD can, and focus on team defense with their length and athletic ability son no sane team would attack jordan non stop, that would be a low percentage shot against a historical athlete capable of playing heavy minutes at max intensity. Also jordan's off-ball defense would massively shine in this undersized centerless lax-rule era. Sure lebron and kd have the size but in terms of BPG jordan is equivalent. also do not forget that jordan played in a handcheck era which guaranteed a much higher energy consumption than this soft era. He'd be more than up to running around instead of muscling it out every possession.

Now compare jordan's ability of getting in the lane in halfcourt compared to lebron and kd and you'll see why he'd be a monster in this era, there is no team that could keep him out of the lane. He'd also get calls like harden so there's that.
    In this era jordan would be harden + goat athleticism + goat defense + goat aggressiveness/alphaness + goat post game - elite 3p shooting + goat slashing + goat mind games + goat workethic (he'd get a good 3p shot guaranteed). Harden is dropping 32 a game right now ... there is no doubt in my mind that Jordan could drop 40 a game in this era, and I'm not even that much of a fan of Dad killer tbh, it's the fact that this era is absolutely perfect for jordan.

40 bricks per game, sure.
    son please you weren't even born when that was revolutionizing the game.

Thread Information