Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi doesnt want to leave, and isnt gonna be traded...close thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have tremendous relationships with teams and executives across the league; head coaches in many other franchises.
    While a 70 years old coach is still with the team...I wonder what will happen in one, two years.

Sadly, those great relationships didn't make them to offer something good for Kawhi forcing the Spurs to let him walk in 2019 FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Change your avatar and your fake quote
    I won't.

I've already told you I'll keep it even if he gets traded just to bother you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't.

I already told you I'll keep it even if he gets traded just to bother you.
    Then stop using emojis. Sad for adults to use.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get ready for some awkward HEB commercials

Instead of throwing him out of a plane, next time we'll see "crashing the plane" with him still on board...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then stop using emojis. Sad for adults to use.
    You say it's sad for adults to use emojis, to watch NBA...Poor little troll, it seems like you waste your life hating on stupid things.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say it's sad for adults to use emojis, to watch NBA...Poor little troll, it seems like you waste your life hating on stupid things.
    Sad. You use emojis and watch nba. Just sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s on Kawhi though. There comes a point if Kawhi is holding SA hostage that the ONLY option is to let him walk even if that hurts both people. SA can at least show other players that they don’t play that and it’s not like SA isn’t winning the PR battle.

They have tremendous relationships with teams and executives across the league; head coaches in many other franchises. They will understand why SA did what they did and so will agents who know Kawhi is being repped by someone that appears to be in well over his head if we are to believe the reports of him not having an agency or any other Nba players he’s repping.
    It is a PR nightmare for him on top of an eight figure nightmare for him.

Kawhi doesnt want to leave, and isnt gonna be traded...close thread
    Pretty much what I'm thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While a 70 years old coach is still with the team...I wonder what will happen in one, two years.

Sadly, those great relationships didn't make them to offer something good for Kawhi forcing the Spurs to let him walk in 2019 FA.
    You know this doesn’t make sense. Of course Pop is a big reason why the relationships are good and he helped many coaches get jobs across the league. But these people won’t hate the Spurs or respect them less if he leaves.

On top of that, what are you trying to say? That relationships aren’t really good and teams/agents/players don’t respect the Spurs because they won’t give up the farm for Kawhi with everything that is going on? I mean, what kind of argument is that other than just trying to be right at the sake of being intellectually honest?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi wants out, hopefully cooler heads prevail. Im hoping that Kawhi and his camp give the Spurs a list of multiple teams vs just trying to force their way to Lakers or one team. If they are open to multiple teams, SA should get a solid enough package.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi wants out, hopefully cooler heads prevail. Im hoping that Kawhi and his camp give the Spurs a list of multiple teams vs just trying to force their way to Lakers or one team. If they are open to multiple teams, SA should get a solid enough package.
    Cris Carter who I believe is one of Kawhi's uncle's mouth pieces has said that Kawhi's camp would be open to going to Boston,Philadelphia,NYC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know this doesn’t make sense. Of course Pop is a big reason why the relationships are good and he helped many coaches get jobs across the league. But these people won’t hate the Spurs or respect them less if he leaves.
    Man, no one said they will hate the Spurs, I just think the relationship won't be that great or the same without Pop.

On top of that, what are you trying to say? That relationships aren’t really good and teams/agents/players don’t respect the Spurs because they won’t give up the farm for Kawhi with everything that is going on? I mean, what kind of argument is that other than just trying to be right at the sake of being intellectually honest?
    I'm saying that good relationships are nice but teams aren't helping the Spurs with this franchise player's issue. NBA is about business not respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, no one said they will hate the Spurs, I just think the relationship won't be that great or the same without Pop.

I'm saying that good relationships are nice but teams aren't helping the Spurs with this franchise player's issue. NBA is about business not respect.
    If you believe that then why are you posting about players/agents “thinking SA is difficult” , etc..? It matters a lot in the nba but not the point where teams will harm themselves.

Spurs with the Kawhi deal will not be viewed in a bad light by players, agents or whomever if Kawhi walks. They have enough clout to where everyone understands WHY it got to that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you believe that then why are you posting about players/agents “thinking SA is difficult” , etc..? It matters a lot in the nba but not the point where teams will harm themselves.
    Two different things.

I said some of those good relationships with other teams will change without Pop.

And players/agents could think the Spurs' way is too hard to handle.

If they can get some money in other place without the need of dealing with an old way to make things work...I guess those players won't sign with the Spurs.

The Spurs were Tim Duncan.
    They didn't have a ring before him and won't have any other without him.

Spurs couldn't keep their franchise player, couldn't get a good trade-deal, or win something...without Tim.

Spurs with the Kawhi deal will not be viewed in a bad light by players, agents or whomever if Kawhi walks. They have enough clout to where everyone understands WHY it got to that point.
    Just your point of view. You don't know this.

After what happened to IT, many players could support Kawhi secretly....Many players could think that a player has to do what's the best for him.

In fact, an NBPA article supported Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two different things.

I said some of those good relationships with other [i]teams] will change without Pop. And players/agents could think the Spurs' way is too hard to handle.

If they can get some money in other place without the need of dealing with an old way to make things work...I guess those players won't sign with the Spurs.

The Spurs were Tim Duncan.
    They didn't have a ring before him and won't have any other without him.

Spurs couldn't keep their franchise player, couldn't get a good trade-deal, or win something...without Tim.

Just your point of view. You don't know this.

After what happened to IT, many players could support Kawhi secretly....Many players could think that a player has to do what's the best for him.

In fact, an NBPA article supported Kawhi.
    There was no article by the NBPA. The article you are referring to was done by a pro-black awoke guy that Michele Roberts re-tweeted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just have to laugh at the thought of players “secretly” supporting Kawhi. No player would support someone forcing their way out of a WCF team while at the same time losing 80M guaranteed. If there is anything they will be doing in secret it’s laughing while saying I will never touch Kawhi’s agent or anything he’s apart of.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just have to laugh at the thought of players “secretly” supporting Kawhi. No player would support someone forcing their way out of a WCF team while at the same time losing 80M guaranteed. If there is anything they will be doing in secret it’s laughing while saying I will never touch Kawhi’s agent or anything he’s apart of.
    Pretty much this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no article by the NBPA. The article you are referring to was done by a pro-black awoke guy that Michele Roberts re-tweeted.
    You're right. She didn't write it, she RT. Michele Roberts, NBPA's executive director. The same director that Ramona said she offered help to Kawhi's camp if they needed it.
    I doubt she can do it if the union doesn't know a ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right. She didn't write it, she RT. Michele Roberts, NBPA's executive director. The same director that Ramona said she offered help to Kawhi's camp if they needed it.
    I doubt she can do it if the union doesn't know a ...
    Her ing job is to serve all the players in the league. If any player has a problem she is there to help them if they require her assistance. I doubt she consulted any players when she RT that article. Do you honestly believe she needed to consult the the Union to RT that article?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just have to laugh at the thought of players “secretly” supporting Kawhi. No player would support someone forcing their way out of a WCF team while at the same time losing 80M guaranteed.
    IDK...They coul trust his NYC doctors saying he wasn't ready to play in the playoffs. After all, his NYC doctors have connections with NBA's and other league's teams.

If there is anything they will be doing in secret it’s laughing while saying I will never touch Kawhi’s agent or anything he’s apart of.
    I have no doubt that other players wouldn't want his uncle as agent. It doesn't mean they don't believe in his injury.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 05-20-2018 at 09:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her ing job is to serve all the players in the league. If any player has a problem she is there to help them if they require her assistance. I doubt she consulted any players when she RT that article. Do you honestly believe she needed to consult the the Union to RT that article?
    I guess she needs to consult to offer help...I doubt the Union does it in all cases without a talk.

Ramona said she offered help before his cam required her assistence...It seemed the Union was talking about this issue previously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK...They coul trust his NYC doctors saying he wasn't ready to play in the playoffs. After all, his NYC doctors have connections with NBA's and other league's teams.

I have no doubt that other players wouldn't want his uncle as agent... It doesn't mean they don't believe in his injury.
    His Uncle isn’t his agent though. Im saying forget about the injuries; I think players believe that. They just don’t agree with HOW he handled it when he’s due 219M and doing everything he can evidently to get that offer tossed in the trash. Players do things to get max money unless you are KD and are doing it to win.

Players don’t give up money to go to worse teams; let alone 80M!

I don’t think Kawhi is in with players either. There have been reports about players not liking him so it’s not just hearsay. I think players in general support moves like KD to GS if it’s to win or moves that give you power to secure as much money as possible/not take discount.

Kawhi and his team is doing neither so that’s why I’m saying players will be laughing at Kawhi and his agent for what is going on. Just silly and I really do hope things get salvaged. I want Kawhi to be a happy Spur and make money to set family up for generations to come.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he does, then that's a different story but I haven't heard anything besides some poster's sauces.

If Phoenix is interested in both LMA and Kawhi then moving both there, while being a ing show, would allow the Spurs to jump-start the rebuild

PHX Gets;

Kawhi Leonard
    LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs Get;
    Tyson Chandler (Expiring)
    T.J Warren (Decent player on a pretty good deal)
    Dragon Bender (Prospect)

1st Pick
    16th Pick
    31st Pick

Possible Roster for 2018-2019 (in this scenario);

Murray
    Parker
    Mills
    Doncic
    16th Pick
    31st Pick
    18th Pick (probably unlikely Spurs would have 4 rookies on the team in any scenario)
    Chandler
    Gasol
    Anderson
    Green?
    Gay?
    Warren
    Bertans
    Bender
    White
    No way I would pass on Ayton if I got the No. 1 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His Uncle isn’t his agent though. Im saying forget about the injuries; I think players believe that. They just don’t agree with HOW he handled it when he’s due 219M and doing everything he can evidently to get that offer tossed in the trash. Players do things to get max money unless you are KD and are doing it to win.

Players don’t give up money to go to worse teams; let alone 80M!
    He didn't give up money to go to a worse team, he wanted to sign a supermax deal that the Spurs refused to offer for his injury/relationship issue/Spurs' financial future/whatever reason...

Also, you talk like there were many ways to handle it with Pop. Most people know it's Spurs' way or nothing.

Why do you think that Jabari Young replied to you with that "Spurs lose/alienate a top 5 player" tweet.

He didn't trust Spurs' doctors and the team couldn't handle it.

You always said that Kawhi could manage it better, the Spurs too.
    They should avoid things like Parker trying to save SAS' doctors rep throwing his teammates under the bus..Or that Pop's "ask his group" when Kawhi called him almost every day.

If we believe that ESPN article criticizing his uncle then we have to believe the part that said the Spurs were always too reluctant to let Kawhi working with outside doctors.

When most coaches and teams in the league have no issues with it, it seemed like Pop felt it as a way to lose control.

Again, Spurs' way over everything.

I guess other non-Spurs players get this, too.

I don’t think Kawhi is in with players either. There have been reports about players not liking him so it’s not just hearsay.
    IDK..The same reporter that said that LeBron didn't like Kawhi is saying that LeBron wants to convince Kawhi to play together...
    Last edited by YGWHI; 05-20-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Thread Information