Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is pretty solid, imo.

I like his other takes about psychology and the human mind. His criminology takes are fire.
    Women will all go for high status men?

Are you fckn kidding?
    Most Women want to be loved for what they are in my experience.
    It does not take high status to be kind and enjoy the company of the opposite sex. To find the same things funny, laugh, and just enjoy the company.

Wtf is wrong here...

He does have some interesting points, but his view of the opposite sex and what men need is bizzare.

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you fckn kidding?
    It does not take high status to be kind and enjoy the company of the opposite sex. To find the same things funny, laugh, and just enjoy the company.

Wtf is wrong here...

He does have some interesting points, but his view of the opposite sex and what men need is bizzare.
    Exactly half the homeless round here have girlfriends

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the “enforced monogamy” is taken out of context and seems to be the latest smear.

If nature had it’s way all women would have children with the most attractive males, and most males would die childless. You can imagine that this would be a good thing, at least from a purely genetic point of view. The losers would be weeded out.

Now, thanks, to the culturally enforced monogamy, every unattractive chump has a good chance to find a female who’ll want to forget that he’s not attractive on the condition that he at least takes care of her children and offers security and stability.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you ensure you're pairing these losers with women they'll actually find attractive? A lot of times these guys just have a misconception of the kind of woman who should have interest in them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peterson is just a more subtle and sophisticated example of an alt-right huckster who cons losers by blaming others for their inep ude. ty career - blame immigrants and affirmative action, ty relationships - blame feminists, limited knowledge - blame "liberal" colleges. Not surprising that the people who support him also tend to be Trumpanzees. They probably think he's the smartest guy alive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you fckn kidding?

Wtf is wrong here...

Because that's the only argument he parrots? What part of his other takes such as psychology and criminology escaped you?

The man can have his backwards opinions all he wants. There are some things where his ground is firm where he bases it on cases and studies done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because that's the only argument he parrots? What part of his other takes such as psychology and criminology escaped you?

The man can have his backwards opinions all he wants. There are some things where his ground is firm where he bases it on cases and studies done.

Agree.

But when one has his views on male/female relationships this leaves a really big gap. It’s almost like he has been jilted and is still sore. It’s flat out weird. And he keeps trying to pigeonhole this stuff into biological evolutionary arguments that are way off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peterson is just a more subtle and sophisticated example of an alt-right huckster who cons losers by blaming others for their inep ude. ty career - blame immigrants and affirmative action, ty relationships - blame feminists, limited knowledge - blame "liberal" colleges. Not surprising that the people who support him also tend to be Trumpanzees. They probably think he's the smartest guy alive.

He’s not on the right at all. He’s just against regressive SJWs, which probably explains his popularity with some on the right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If nature had its way all women would have children with the most attractive males and most males would die childless

So extraordinarily wrong.... This is just flat out spectacularly stupid. Did he miss biology class?

Try this:

If nature had its way, women would have children with men most likely to help take care of a child or children and raise them well enough that they would live long enough to reproduce themselves.

When wrong concerning biology, he is just magnificently wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If nature had its way all women would have children with the most attractive males and most males would die childless

So extraordinarily wrong.... This is just flat out spectacularly stupid. Did he miss biology class?

Try this:

If nature had its way, women would have children with men most likely to help take care of a child or children and raise them well enough that they would live long enough to reproduce themselves.

If nature had its way, i.e. if we were like all other animals. That’s how I interpreted it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Try this:

Just one of several far-fetched conclusions from him. His famous serotonin-hierarchy comparison between humans and lobsters is another prominent fallacy. Sounds just smart enough if you want to draw conclusions that support your worldview, but falls apart if you dissect it from a neutral standpoint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If nature had its way, i.e. if we were like all other animals. That’s how I interpreted it.
    But we are not like other animals because of nature. Our evolution is not unnatural. And we have been on this planet for 200,000+ years. And we have built all kinds of societies: patriarchal, matriarchal, hunter-gatherer, agricultural, warlike, collaborative etc. In that context, Peterson's logic is baffling.

My theory is that he doesn't believe everything he says. He says it because the people who buy his books, attend his lectures and seek counselling from him eat up this tripe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're a Trump-supporting loser, you can very easily interpret Peterson's remarks to align with your beliefs.

So when Peterson says "hierarchies are inevitable because of our biology", you take that to mean that white men similar to you are supposed to be at the top because of biological and not social factors, so women or minorities trying to guilt you into acknowledging social causes are lying. Peterson himself would (probably correctly) say that he didn't imply anything of the sort, but he knows very well that such conclusions are being drawn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given our biology of being fairly clumsy animals and having few offspring that take a significant period of time to develop to capable mating age. What I stated makes sense from an evolutionary point of view. If you then throw in social constructs it complicates the picture but ultimately, yes, for our biology, females need(ed) help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we are not like other animals because of nature. Our evolution is not unnatural. And we have been on this planet for 200,000+ years. And we have built all kinds of societies: patriarchal, matriarchal, hunter-gatherer, agricultural, warlike, collaborative etc. In that context, Peterson's logic is baffling.
    Read entire Peterson quote I posted.

My theory is that he doesn't believe everything he says. He says it because the people who buy his books, attend his lectures and seek counselling from him eat up this tripe.
    Uh, ok.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the “enforced monogamy” is taken out of context and seems to be the latest smear.
    Enforced monogamy is pretty much status quo. Some are act like he wants to delegate a woman to each man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just one of several far-fetched conclusions from him. His famous serotonin-hierarchy comparison between humans and lobsters is another prominent fallacy. Sounds just smart enough if you want to draw conclusions that support your worldview, but falls apart if you dissect it from a neutral standpoint.
    Lol tell me about the lobsters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better yet Nathan tell me his lobster theory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go into detail about how it blew your mind and changed your life if at all possible please tyia

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immigrants have a negative impact on poor Americans. Fact. At the individual level you'd be a fool to blame them over just leveling up. Affirmative action negatively impacts more qualified people. Fact. Mostly the same stance as immigrants but this can be more direct and by the very nature if the complaint is accurate they were better.

The reason most people that support him are Trump supporters has nothing to do with what you said. He got famous because of the pervasive left in Canada were trying to compel speech to cater to trans people. He stood his ground against the pervasive left while catching a lot of heat. Every derogatory name was thrown at him(not much has changed there are idiots in here calling him an incel), death threats were made, etc. Since then the pervasive left on college campuses have tried to shut him down. So from the get go it's very easy to see why Trump supporters would like him.

He's clearly an intelligent individual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better yet Nathan tell me his lobster theory
    Start at my post #33 in the interview thread.
    There was hot Lobster.... discussion.

Peterson Starts at somewhere around 4:20 in the interview first post.
    He needed a science editor.
    If the guy really wanted the lobster to stay in his book without derision, they could have worked it.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're a Trump-supporting loser, you can very easily interpret Peterson's remarks to align with your beliefs.

So when Peterson says "hierarchies are inevitable because of our biology", you take that to mean that white men similar to you are supposed to be at the top because of biological and not social factors, so women or minorities trying to guilt you into acknowledging social causes are lying. Peterson himself would (probably correctly) say that he didn't imply anything of the sort, but he knows very well that such conclusions are being drawn.
    Nobody takes it to mean that. You really know how to paint a negative picture of your opposition. You don't have to deal with what people actually think you just attribute a bunch of negative bull and dismiss. It's impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody takes it to mean that. You really know how to paint a negative picture of your opposition. You don't have to deal with what people actually think you just attribute a bunch of negative bull and dismiss. It's impressive.
    Poor fella is obviously hard wired that way. You can't fix stupid.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information