Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I've watched the free episode for each season. The show is really good.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Doubt the producers will admit it; but this is essentially the inspiration for the series:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I actually see them both painted as completely sympathetic characters. It is easier for me to connect to Johnny's situation than Daniel's for simple economic reasons. Daniel does sometimes behave like a y asshole, but I think that like Johnny, he has been struggling to connect to what is important to him and to be taken seriously by people around him. He seems to have respect on the surface, but a lot of people are openly disrespectful of his passion for karate (i.e. asserting it is a sales gimmick or his gi is a "costume"). Through their rivalry, they are able to grow as individuals and become more authentic, actualized versions of themselves.
    there are moments when daniel has become the bully and johnny is the one you feel sympathetic towards. and it is cool that you see that neither is their sensei although in different ways. daniels tries so hard to be mr. miyagi but is no where near being him while johnny wants so hard not to be kreese.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    the first season was better, imo as this one was a bit more predictable (especially in regards to the puppy love romances, some of which were just hard to watch). great cliffhanger to end season 2 though.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    there are moments when daniel has become the bully and johnny is the one you feel sympathetic towards. and it is cool that you see that neither is their sensei although in different ways. daniels tries so hard to be mr. miyagi but is no where near being him while johnny wants so hard not to be kreese.
    That's a good point. I didn't even notice that contrast. I was glad that Johnny didn't fall apart emotionally when Kreese showed up. He gave him a chance, which was foolish on a practical level, but understandable on a moral level. But he didn't get weak and start agreeing with Kreese's bull . Daniel's the one who has struggled to keep it together in season 2.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    the first season was better, imo as this one was a bit more predictable (especially in regards to the puppy love romances, some of which were just hard to watch). great cliffhanger to end season 2 though.
    The puppy love romances don't bother me too much because it holds true to Karate Kid; their entire feud started over Ali. I liked the ending scene and the cliffhanger. I just don't want Johhny to join Miyagi-Do and team up with Daniel to take down Kreese in S3 now that he got kicked out of Cobra Kai. That would be bull . Johnny needs to still be himself and teach the way he was teaching. And his one loyal student is probably going to be injured for a while, plus his mom now hates him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    The puppy love romances don't bother me too much because it holds true to Karate Kid; their entire feud started over Ali. I liked the ending scene and the cliffhanger. I just don't want Johhny to join Miyagi-Do and team up with Daniel to take down Kreese in S3 now that he got kicked out of Cobra Kai. That would be bull . Johnny needs to still be himself and teach the way he was teaching. And his one loyal student is probably going to be injured for a while, plus his mom now hates him.
    good point on the puppy love aspect. i do think, however, that johnny and daniel are heading towards teaming up and that ali may even be the catalyst that pulls them together (a totally surprising twist would be that she comes back and has an affair with johnny and then daniel and then everything goes all nuts).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    good point on the puppy love aspect. i do think, however, that johnny and daniel are heading towards teaming up and that ali may even be the catalyst that pulls them together (a totally surprising twist would be that she comes back and has an affair with johnny and then daniel and then everything goes all nuts).
    If Ali returns, it better be Elisabeth Shue and not a new actress. That would ruin the series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    If Ali returns, it better be Elisabeth Shue and not a new actress. That would ruin the series.
    i agree. so far, she hasn't given any info and just recently gave a wait and see response to being asked if she would agree to reprising her role.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd be surprised if Ali does anything other than tears people apart. Then again, when Johnny and Daniel were talking about her at the bar in Season 1, I got the impression they were realizing that they might have missed out on a friendship with each other while they were busy fighting over a girl neither of them ultimately ended up with. If Ali shows up, I assume it will be bad at first, but maybe they'll rise above the rivalry this time. I too hope that they will team up against Kreese. The whole philosophy of the show is about balance, and they have the traits to balance each other out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    RIP Rob Garrison (Tommy), glad he got to have a role in the series tbh

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Put him in a body bag! Yea!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah he looked like on the show but I'm glad they were able to have him on before he died.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The fan service can be super cringy (eg Macchio making Johnny's kid do wax on wax off on the cars) but the story is pretty good and they have done a pretty good job making Johnny into an interesting character.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The fan service can be super cringy (eg Macchio making Johnny's kid do wax on wax off on the cars) but the story is pretty good and they have done a pretty good job making Johnny into an interesting character.
    I saw it as mocking the original a bit, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This show is awesome. The homages to the movie are well done and don't come off as clingy to me. Plus Zabka's character is easy to cheer for.

Very Tempting Offer
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Has anyone heard a release date for season 3?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally got around to watching Season 2. Still greatness. The "Here I Go Again" intro was pretty funny.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Has anyone heard a release date for season 3?
    Wasn't Season 3 supposed to have been done in Okinawa? Good luck being allowed to come film now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Though a Season 3 in Okinawa would have been horrible anyways. Johnny is what makes the show, he is so much more interesting than Macchio.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wasn't Season 3 supposed to have been done in Okinawa? Good luck being allowed to come film now.
    Supposedly, Season 3 is already filmed and edited and ready to go.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Supposedly, Season 3 is already filmed and edited and ready to go.
    That's what Bret Ernst said on Bill Bert Podcast

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Though a Season 3 in Okinawa would have been horrible anyways. Johnny is what makes the show, he is so much more interesting than Macchio.
    Already filmed supposedly. Daniel does go to Okinawa in season 3 and characters from KK part 2 show up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Will Elisabeth Shue be in S3?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    First season was great, second season had too much high school kid drama. Once they run out of fan service references things could get dicey. Hopefully they have an ending in mind, I’d bet they only have one, maybe two more seasons of solid material before it gets really terrible.
    Totally agree. As someone that watches all sorts of Disney pre-teem shows with my 8 year old daughter, I can say with certainty that this show slowly became just like those sitcoms. Liv&Maddie, Bizardvark, and Thats So Raven are all the same quality as season 2 of this show.

Thread Information