Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Manning struggled the last few years of his career, we all saw it. Looking for anything to help out at that time, ok? Don't act re ed over this, it makes ya look ......ROOKIE~~~~~~~~

Go anywhere out there and ask this question.

In your opinion who belongs on the Mount Rushmore for QB's?

I GURANTEE....Brady, Montana, Peyton.....then the debate starts.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Watching Avante drop knowledge on unsuspecting Clipper Nation is glorious!

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Manning struggled the last few years of his career, we all saw it. Looking for anything to help out at that time, ok? Don't act re ed over this, it makes ya look ......ROOKIE~~~~~~~~

Go anywhere out there and ask this question.

In your opinion who belongs on the Mount Rushmore for QB's?

I GURANTEE....Brady, Montana, Peyton.....then the debate starts.
    Just the last year honestly.

You can't say last "few" because that would imply 3 or more, and 2013 (his third to last season) was arguably the best single season for a QB all-time. And he did it with offensive cancer John Fox as his coach, no less.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong with respecting greatness. Brady is the best system QB I’ve ever seen and I’m not ashamed to admit that.

I know Manning’s neck and nerves were all ed up so this story, if true, doesn’t shock me.

I still have Manning as the 2nd best qb, Montana will always be no. 1 for me.
    as if Montana wasn’t a “system QB”

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Peyton sure looked like a "system QB" for both his les. Those were some Trent Dilfer, Struggle Wilson type rings.

Post Count
    Montana's career was destroyed in a season when he was MVP and in the process of leading his team to a possible third le. Was out two years and when he came back his elbow always swelled up like a grapefruit during games so you could make the case he had his career cut short by injuries so he

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Peyton sure looked like a "system QB" for both his les. Those were some Trent Dilfer, Struggle Wilson type rings.
    this too, and also the 2014 & 2016 Patriots had a much tier defense than either one of Peyton’s le teams.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    It’s not every day a qb beats the top 3 defenses in the league en route to a le imo

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Watching Avante drop knowledge on unsuspecting Clipper Nation is glorious!

As we all can see the guy knows...0....about QB's. How does anyone brag on Tom Savage and Derek Anderson while slamming Russell Wilson and Peyton Manning? Re ed or just stupid?

Then when ya ask the rookie why he sees things that weird ass way he just ignores the question. ing weirdo.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Montana's career was destroyed in a season when he was MVP and in the process of leading his team to a possible third le. Was out two years and when he came back his elbow always swelled up like a grapefruit during games so you could make the case he had his career cut short by injuries so he
    Montana was pushing 36 when that happened, his career was already great. He didn't have many years left anyway.

Post Count
    Montana was pushing 36 when that happened, his career was already great. He didn't have many years left anyway.
    He was literally MVP the year he was injured and he was 33 iirc not 36

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He was literally MVP the year he was injured and he was 33 iirc not 36

Montana was born in 1956, he missed 91 and 92 more or less, do the math.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Ya can bull a season or a few, but ya can't do what Peyton Manning did unless you have some legit/real/genuine talent. All those great seasons, the numbers, the wins, the accomplishments came about because here is a great QB.

no he's no Derek Anderson or Tom Savage, but who is?

Post Count
    Montana was born in 1956, he missed 91 and 92 more or less, do the math.
    So he was 34 and pushing 36 years later. Either way he was the best player in the game and leading in the NFC champ game at the time. Could have been the only team to threepeat plus would have been favorites going into 91.

Post Count
    Guys was literally demolished to the point where he had like what would be 2-3 season ending injuries (back, elbow, etc) in the playoffs of a season where he was coming off back to back MVPs and you're acting like his career wasn't altered in any way.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Guys was literally demolished to the point where he had like what would be 2-3 season ending injuries (back, elbow, etc) in the playoffs of a season where he was coming off back to back MVPs and you're acting like his career wasn't altered in any way.
    Show me where I said anything about his career other than he had a great career? Gale Sayers is in the Hall of Fame, he only played six seasons. Montana could have retired after the 90 season and would be a Hall of Famer. He didn't need KC at all.

When it comes to knowing how to move the chains, work a defense and put the ball where a receiver needs it to not break stride, nobody did that better than Montana. The cat had......finesse.

Lmao. Nobody gives a about PEDs in football.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    let Brady get busted for PED’s and see if nobody gives a .

The only reason anyone would care for half a second would be because it's the Patriots. That's the price of success i suppose. Not like it would bar him from the HOF like in baseball.

Of course Peyton was cheating, we all knew it at the time he magically recovered from NECK operations and remained an elite QB..

Brady is clearly doing some "cheating" type , as well..so does LeBron, so did Jordan, etc..this is pro sports, it's just a matter of how well the players and his league hides it + level of targeting(like what happened in baseball, where it became a political issue)..

The outrage is mainly from your average joe, failed athlete who believes he could have made the league if he had the same resources

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Anyone thinking PED's changed anything pertaning to the big NFL picture, it didn't.

It's never been, this team has a huge % of PED users while that team doesn't. It all evens out. What's for sure is every team has PED users.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Of course Peyton was cheating, we all knew it at the time he magically recovered from NECK operations and remained an elite QB..

Brady is clearly doing some "cheating" type , as well..so does LeBron, so did Jordan, etc..this is pro sports, it's just a matter of how well the players and his league hides it + level of targeting(like what happened in baseball, where it became a political issue)..

The outrage is mainly from your average joe, failed athlete who believes he could have made the league if he had the same resources
    Oakland Raiders win total is 8.5 bro

but but but....HGH mailed to my house was for my wife.

elementary school level bull denial.

Veteran
    Post Count
    LOL, why isn't this on ESPN? Why isn't this being reported ANYWHERE important? The non-Brady GOAT QB would being grilled if this story had more legs to it.

Clips, give it up pal. Peyton isn't a system QB, he was the system.

To me, he gets over Brady because, well, the Pats are dirty cheaters and it's proven- too many times.

If Peyton had a decent defense even 50% of the time in Indy, he gets 2+ more rings.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    LOL, why isn't this on ESPN? Why isn't this being reported ANYWHERE important? The non-Brady GOAT QB would being grilled if this story had more legs to it.
    Peyton is in the same category as Durbeta, CP0, Kobe, etc. He's the golden boy. Media won't criticize him or report anything that makes him look bad.

Clips, give it up pal. Peyton isn't a system QB, he was the system.
    I didn't say he was a system QB, I said he looked like one when the defense carried him to his only rings in spite of his play.

Peyton trying to be the system was the main reason why he underachieved. All it ever produced was empty stats and one-and-dones in the playoffs with stacked teams. It speaks volumes that Peyton's teams had their greatest successes when Peyton was playing like crap and the defense had to carry the team.

Thread Information