Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kill yourself got
    translation

No clue what Avante talks about, he's on a whole higher level. I just have to post something stupid, yep, limited.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I still think DAYTONA is the best project so far. Kids See Ghosts is great, and cements Yeezy’s alpha status, but nothing on there comes close to the high of Ghost Town.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Talk to me about jazz, blues, country, soul, funk, bluegrass, reggae, R&B, alternative, rockabilly/hillbillie, rock and roll, ya can't can you. All you know is what you've heard in the last 20ish years. My music world is far FAR bigger than that.

You actually believe rap can stand up vs the great music, the Big Band sound, Miles Davis, Bob Wills, Billie Holiday, Ray Charles, John Coltrane, Nina Simone, those 50's Doo Wop groups? No it can't.

You like everyone else here lacks depth, you are too limited so ya don't know any better. Ignorance.....would fit.

Dude, I own rap ,hip hop, it's alright but noway in it can stack up with really talented artists and bands, and I've heard FAR FAR FAR FAR more of this stuff than you have. Ya wanna hear some real talent, check out bluegrass, but..............being what ya are ya can't get it.

YES....if you are some 14-18 black kid living the black life yes rap, hip hop fits. But if you really know music it actually sucks.

Keep in mind, I start with old pimitive black blues. I probably own more black music here than anyone here.
    Even Kanye's worst album is still light years ahead of any of the trash you listen to.

Name
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    The thing about music is...mood. Ya go to a kicker bar, you won't find rap/hip on the jukebox, ya see it doesn't fit the mood. I can't see what situation I'd be in where garbage music fits. YES......roaming the streets with my fellow thigs, ok..... this, that, kill a cop a hoe...cool. But ya outgrow that silly . I like music that stands the test of time.
    Imagine being old and clueless enough to think that all rap is gangsta rap in 2018.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Even Kanye's worst album is still light years ahead of any of the trash you listen to.
    That right there says it about you. You are about as stupid as stupid gets. Dummy, Kanye wouldn't make a zit on the ass of Charlie Parker, Theolonius Monk, Charlie Christian, Miles Davis, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, King Oliver and on and on and on and on and on and on.

You don't know about music guy. Is there anything you do know about?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Imagine being old and clueless enough to think that all rap is gangsta rap in 2018.
    Dummy, I'm more up on todays music than you are, you are stuck on one genre, I'm not. You need to experience what's really going on and get out from under the limitations ya put on yourself.

Dummy, don't try and talk music with me, this will not end well for a know nothing ike you, trust me.

In a 48 hour period. I'll listen to....

British rock
    40's Big Band
    Reggae
    Waylon Jennings
    Pearl Jam
    Blind Mamie
    Cab Calloway
    Ryan Adams
    Joan Osborne
    Kelly Joe Phelps

...you will listen to rap/hip hop.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dummy, I'm more up on todays music than you are

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    That right there says it about you. You are about as stupid as stupid gets. Dummy, Kanye wouldn't make a zit on the ass of Charlie Parker, Theolonius Monk, Charlie Christian, Miles Davis, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, King Oliver and on and on and on and on and on and on.

You don't know about music guy. Is there anything you do know about?
    You don’t listen to any of that. You google it to stay relevant on a dying Spurs message board when you aren’t busy ing children.

Name
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Dummy, I'm more up on todays music than you are

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante what are your thoughts on the 6ix9ine/Chief Keef beef?

Name
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Bragging about listening to ing Pearl Jam and Ryan Adams and thinking that makes you cultured

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You don’t listen to any of that. You google it to stay relevant on a dying Spurs message board when you aren’t busy ing children.
    Dude, I not only listen to all that, ya can add...

Art Tatum
    The Ink Spots
    Al Jolson
    The Mills Brothers
    Ella Fitzgerald
    Mildred Burke
    Joe Williams
    Jellyroll Morton

So wrong as usual.

My musical library is immense, enormous.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bragging about listening to ing Pearl Jam and Ryan Adams and thinking that makes you cultured
    Dude, I own over 8000 CD's, twice that many tapes. I could rattle off a list a mile long of artists/bands you have never heard of, trust me.

That is why I know just how weak rap/hip hop is, I've heard a TON of far better stuff. AND....I love black music.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What sepertes Avante from the rookies is this.

I have stuff from....

20;s
    30's
    40's
    50's
    60's
    70's
    80's
    90's

etc. Yep.........depth.

If I started listing all the individual artists/bands where I own a CD/tape/record of theirs, I'd still be doing that come Monday morning.

, forget that it would take me that long to just get up to the 70's.

I started building this collection around 1960, now think, Being ignorant to music, you'd have no idea how many bands are really out there.
    Last edited by Avante; 06-09-2018 at 12:18 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    , right over there sits a tape I put together, lets see....

Joan Osborne
    Gillian Welch
    Michael Mazzetta
    Jamey Johnson
    Tony Joe White
    Lucinda Williams
    Damien Rice
    Ray Lamontagne
    Ry Cooder
    Boz Scaggs
    Neil Young
    Natalie Merchant
    Hazel ens
    Roscoe Holcombe

Who here is familiar with any of them?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    , right over there sits a tape I put together, lets see....

Joan Osborne
    Gillian Welch
    Michael Mazzetta
    Jamey Johnson
    Tony Joe White
    Lucinda Williams
    Damien Rice
    Ray Lamontagne
    Ry Cooder
    Boz Scaggs
    Neil Young
    Natalie Merchant
    Hazel ens
    Roscoe Holcombe

Who here is familiar with any of them?
    bragging about listening to the What If God Was One Of Us one hit wonder

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    DAYTONA is great. Ye didn't hook me other than Ghost Town, but I've only listened once. The rest just felt like a half-baked suicide note.
    This tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd rather have glorified EPs with 20 minutes' worth of focused tracks than these two-hour behemoths that other rappers are releasing to game the streaming platforms.

Besides, the reason why these projects are so short is because Kanye is releasing so many of them in a relatively short timeframe. Daytona and ye are already out, Kids See Ghost is coming out next, and he's also producing an album for Nas.
    Seriously hype about the NaS record but I don't think Ye was very focused. Kanye can't even sound focused on 7 tracks and 20 minutes anymore

I like 5 of the 7 but even then "I thought about Killing You" "Wouldn't Leave" "Ghost Town" "Yikes" and All Mine" aren't perfect. I expect flames on a 7 track record and it didn't do it for me.

Still haven't listened to Kids See Ghost yet but i've heard pretty good things though.
    Last edited by cd021; 06-10-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    bragging about listening to the What If God Was One Of Us one hit wonder
    Actually bragging about having a huge.....variety.......of music, not limited like so many here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wonder how much of Kanye’s political leanings will skew the view of his album?
    Probably not much tbh, if its fire than than its fire. Its ok, which is disappointing for Kanye when considering he probably released two of the 30 best albums of the 2000's (Dark Twisted Fantasy and College Dropout)

Name
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Seriously hype about the NaS record but I don't think Ye was very focused. Kanye can't even sound focused on 7 tracks and 20 minutes anymore

I like 5 of the 7 but even then "I thought about Killing You" "Wouldn't Leave" "Ghost Town" "Yikes" and All Mine" aren't perfect. I expect flames on a 7 track record and it didn't do it for me.

Still haven't listened to Kids See Ghost yet but i've heard pretty good things though.
    To be fair, Kanye scrapped the whole album he had been working on and started from scratch after the TMZ incident. That's probably why it sounds unfocused at times.

However, I actually think the unfocused nature of Ye works in its favor. The process of how the final album was created, the cover art, and the overall lyrics and concept all work in perfect harmony. It's his "bipolar " - it's supposed to be messy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    To be fair, Kanye scrapped the whole album he had been working on and started from scratch after the TMZ incident. That's probably why it sounds unfocused at times.

However, I actually think the unfocused nature of Ye works in its favor. The process of how the final album was created, the cover art, and the overall lyrics and concept all work in perfect harmony. It's his "bipolar " - it's supposed to be messy.
    See that's the issue I have, it's sort of a catch all. When his album is all over the place people say that to justify it sounding uneven. There are definite moments but even the good moments seem to be followed by weird, moments that drag the song down. Man, his Kim-Ye catalog just doesn't do it. He's becoming Lupe Fiasco level irrelevant ,in terms of music, at this point. ( and I was a fan of both)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hey yo yo is there gonna be a meeting a monoslobs pad to view Ye on Keeping Up with the Kardashians?

Name
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    See that's the issue I have, it's sort of a catch all. When his album is all over the place people say that to justify it sounding uneven. There are definite moments but even the good moments seem to be followed by weird, moments that drag the song down. Man, his Kim-Ye catalog just doesn't do it. He's becoming Lupe Fiasco level irrelevant ,in terms of music, at this point. ( and I was a fan of both)
    Definitely check out Kids See Ghosts before writing off Kanye's KimYe-era catalog. Even people who didn't like Ye seem to be really enjoying KSG.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Different subject, but where do y'all rank Adidon on your diss track list?

Thread Information