Birth Country: USA

Tankathon
    NBADraft.net
    RealGM Stats

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forget which draft Podcast I heard it on but as an indictment of college coaching the synergy stats on him showed he was only used in like 24 pick and roll plays all year. Not the best way to utilize a lob threat.

As someone forecast as a pick and roll big like Capela's role, he might be much more effective than his college tape would show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forget which draft Podcast I heard it on but as an indictment of college coaching the synergy stats on him showed he was only used in like 24 pick and roll plays all year. Not the best way to utilize a lob threat.

As someone forecast as a pick and roll big like Capela's role, he might be much more effective than his college tape would show.
    I agree. His strengths were definitely not maximized in college. I could see him really turning out to be a solid big man in the NBA. Never going to be a great offensive player but he’s got the tools to be a great defender and obviously his athletic ability is off the charts. I also think his free throw/mid-range game will translate better than other bigs he’s comparable to like Jordan.

Not a player I would typically advocate for but if he’s there at 18 and some of the wings like Walker and Smith are off the board, then I think it would be a solid pick and bring some much needed athletic ability to the squad.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nj.com: Latest NBA mock draft 2018: Sixers dealing No. 10 pick for Spurs' Kawhi Leonard? Knicks land star, Suns take bust at No. 1
    Kevin C. Cox, June 14, 2018 at 06:03 AM

18. San Antonio Spurs

The pick: Robert Williams, PF, Texas A&M

The reason: Let's call this draft a semi-rebuild for the Spurs. Head coach Gregg Popovich gets a player to mold at No.18.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree. His strengths were definitely not maximized in college. I could see him really turning out to be a solid big man in the NBA. Never going to be a great offensive player but he’s got the tools to be a great defender and obviously his athletic ability is off the charts. I also think his free throw/mid-range game will translate better than other bigs he’s comparable to like Jordan.

Not a player I would typically advocate for but if he’s there at 18 and some of the wings like Walker and Smith are off the board, then I think it would be a solid pick and bring some much needed athletic ability to the squad.
    Called it.
    Damn he's looking good these 2022 Finals vs got State.

Welp, Spurs got Lonnie Walker IV at 18.

Thread Information