Tankathon
    NBADraft.com
    RealGM Stats

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's my #1 as of now

I knew he'd climb, but he might climb out of the Spurs' reach.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HoopsHype: Aggregate NBA mock draft 2.0: Luka Doncic has fallen to No. 4 overall
    Bryan Kalbrosky, June 6, 2018

Aggregating ESPN, NBADraft, Ringer, SI, CBS Sports

Kevin Huerter 18

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SEC Country: 2018 NBA mock draft: Projections for first round, top players, 2018 NBA Draft order (June 8, 2018)
    Connor Riley

18 San Antonio Kevin Huerter Maryland SF Soph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: NBA: 2018 NBA Mock Draft: If need were all that mattered
    Brendon Kleen, 4 hours ago [AKA 8 June 2018]

Kevin Huerter
    G/F, Maryland
    Maryland

Throughout the season, my intention with the Spurs’ pick had been to give the team as much scoring and two-way upside as I could find in a single player this far into the draft. For the most part, I had landed on Keita Bates-Diop as the player who could be a match in those two areas. But what about Huerter?

The book on Huerter has been expanded into a downright anthology since his explosion onto the draft scene at May’s combine in Chicago. The sop re shot nearly 40 percent on a ton of attempts over two seasons at Maryland, and combines that shot-making with a smooth feel for the game and some playmaking upside. With Melo Trimble finished and Justin Jackson injured for Maryland this year, Hurter suddenly found himself in position to run the offense. It drastically helped his draft stock.

The Spurs are known for turning dismal shooters into good ones, but some of their best role player success stories have come by turning good shooters into offensive focal points. Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard won the 2014 Finals for San Antonio, but they were helped in large part by the shooting onslaught from Gary Neal and Danny Green. Neither of those guys are the passers Huerter projects to be.

In fact, even the development of Leonard into an MVP candidate is often attributed in some part to Chip Engelland, the Spurs’ incredible shot doctor. There’s always improvement to be made by good offensive players like Huerter.

The work will have to happen on defense, but considering San Antonio’s track record, one has to assume they could make it work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Huerter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HoopsHype: Aggregate NBA mock draft 3.0: Lonnie Walker, Elie Okobo are on rise
    Bryan Kalbrosky | June 12, 2018

Still Huerter at 18.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft prospect Kevin Huerter has hand surgery, likely out 2 months

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA: The Morning Tip: 2018 Mock Draft
    David Aldridge, June 18, 2018

18) SAN ANTONIO

TEAM NEEDS: Youth, wings

THE PICK: G Kevin Huerter, Maryland

This would complete a meteoric rise up the Draft board for Huerter, who was nowhere to be found on most mocks anywhere near the first round before Chicago. But a great combine has him solidly here now, even though he’ll be out two months after surgery this week on his right hand. The Spurs have a definite long-term need at the two with Danny Green on a player option for 2018-19 at $10 million and no obvious replacement for him in sight (no, we are not counting Manu Ginobili, no matter how strong his age 40 season was last year). San Antonio has cap room and could go after the likes of Avery Bradley in free agency, but until the Spurs know for sure they can sign a vet, hedging their bets with a shooter like Huerter (41 percent on threes for the Terps last season) would make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: 2018 NBA Draft: Final Top 100 Prospect Rankings
    Jeremy Woo, June 18, 2018

Rankings, not mock.

18. Kevin Huerter, SG, Maryland | Sop re

Height: 6'7" | Weight: 195 | Age: 19 | Last: 19
    Stats: 14.8 PPG, 3.4 APG, 41.7% 3FG

After putting on a strong display at the draft combine, Huerter solidified his stock and is widely believed to have a promise in the 20s. According to sources, the Lakers are the team that promised. However, he’s more likely to end up drafted in the 18–21 range. With good size for a two-guard and a nice array of scoring skills, his fundamentally sound perimeter game, consistent three-point stroke and slick passing have endeared him to scouts. Huerter excels as a spot-up scorer, with smooth shooting mechanics and some ability to attack closeouts and use his height mismatch against smaller guards. He’s athletic enough to cut it, and while improving defensively is paramount, simply being a high-quality floor spacer with secondary skills is a good place to start.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want this guy

Thread Information