Team: Creighton
    Birth Country: USA

Tankathon
    NBADraft.com
    RealGM Stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would have him in my top 5, especially if parker and forbes are sent packing this summer (and paul, of course).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I read and watch the more I like this player. I would be absolutely fine with SA grabbing him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I read and watch the more I like this player. I would be absolutely fine with SA grabbing him.
    me too. his wingspan compensates for his being listed at just above 6'3" and i like what i have read about his physicality on the defensive side of the ball. i wouldn't be disappointed if the spurs drafted him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Thomas at all. His wingspan doesn't cover for his height. We should have learned that with Hill and Blair. If you aren't tall enough for the position, how long your arms are isn't going to get you there. Thomas would be fine at the two, but he doesn't have the measurables to play the three. Before Murray and White, I could have really talked myself into loving a pick like this in the late-20s. But now what are we hoping with this guy, that he's George Hill good? I have much higher hopes for 18th-overall that than. It certainly doesn't help that Thomas is already 22.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not my top choice or anything, but depending on how things break in the draft? You could do a lot worse and I definitely see him as a 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Thomas at all. His wingspan doesn't cover for his height. We should have learned that with Hill and Blair. If you aren't tall enough for the position, how long your arms are isn't going to get you there. Thomas would be fine at the two, but he doesn't have the measurables to play the three. Before Murray and White, I could have really talked myself into loving a pick like this in the late-20s. But now what are we hoping with this guy, that he's George Hill good? I have much higher hopes for 18th-overall that than. It certainly doesn't help that Thomas is already 22.
    I understand your take but Hill was a really good role player in his first years. If this guy could provide us defense against curry type player plus some scoring he could be a nice addition.
    Offcourse he doesn't have the upside of Walker or other younger prospect but he could be a solid pick imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand your take but Hill was a really good role player in his first years. If this guy could provide us defense against curry type player plus some scoring he could be a nice addition.
    Offcourse he doesn't have the upside of Walker or other younger prospect but he could be a solid pick imo.
    You need to do better than solid with your highest natural pick since Tim. The Spurs are in transition and need a new core. Hill more than any other Spurs exemplified the team's "dark era", even more than Jefferson. Because at least we all knew RJ was bad. With Georgie, we thought we had a player who would be part of the future. We glorified guys like him and Blair because that was as good as it got back then. I'm not going back to those times unless I'm bound and gagged. We've seen Leonard. We've seen Green and Splitter. We've even seen Murray. Being touted as Hill 2.0 may as well be Malik Hairston 2.0 in my eyes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you, i think this Thomas will be good probably better than G Hill but maybe at 18 it's a little bit high.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [Dallas] Star-Telegram: NBA Mock Draft 4.0: Mavs pass on Mo Bamba, opt for Mizzou superstar instead
    Peter Dawson, June 06, 2018 01:00 PM

18. San Antonio Spurs, Khyri Thomas, PG/SG, Creighton, 6-3, 200

It's so difficult to predict what Greg Popvich is going to do in the draft. At some point, they are going to need to get younger in the back court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hero Sports: 2018 NBA Mock Draft: The Race Is On To Be The No. 2 Pick
    Steve Wright, June 06, 2018 at 8:41 PM EDT

18. San Antonio Spurs
    Khyri Thomas, SG - Creighton

This is a pick based more on fit than anything else. Thomas is one of the best two-way players in the draft and in the Spurs system he would be a monster from day one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wingspan alone sometimes doesn't, but it does in tandem with strength. Look at the likes (Draymond) Green and Smart. If you think that Leonard, Gay and Anderson are likely to be retained, then they don't need a three/combo forward. What they need, is a starting two; so his age, physical maturity and theoretically clean fit are positives. Not that he'd step right in immediately, but I could see it sooner than later.

Before injuries derailed Hill, he was a solid starter. If you attain that with the 18th pick, that's outstanding value. Obviously, a player with the potential to be more of a featured option would be ideal, but it's always highly unlikely that deep into a draft. If someone with a perceived high upside falls out of their projected range without being red flagged, then it's a no brainer to scoop them up. But reaching because they're trying in vain to unearth that in the coming years and passing up solid players in the interim, is not the way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to do better than solid with your highest natural pick since Tim. The Spurs are in transition and need a new core. Hill more than any other Spurs exemplified the team's "dark era", even more than Jefferson. Because at least we all knew RJ was bad. With Georgie, we thought we had a player who would be part of the future. We glorified guys like him and Blair because that was as good as it got back then. I'm not going back to those times unless I'm bound and gagged. We've seen Leonard. We've seen Green and Splitter. We've even seen Murray. Being touted as Hill 2.0 may as well be Malik Hairston 2.0 in my eyes.
    Don’t you EVER speak ill of Malik

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SBNation: The Ralphie Report: 2 Round NBA Mock Draft: Will Luka Doncic go in the top 5?
    By Sam Metivier Jun 7, 2018, 9:30am MDT

18. San Antonio Spurs — Khyri Thomas, SG, Creighton

Comparison: Tony Allen with a jumper, smaller Gerald Wallace

The critics will say Khyri Thomas isn’t a good dribbler or passer and he needs to extend his jumper to NBA range. But those critics also have to admit that Thomas has great length (6’11 wingspan), a nasty defensive at ude, and solid shooting mechanics. If
    there’s ever a player that idolizes Kawhi Leonard, you should believe that he can become a destructive two-way wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders: 2018 NBA Consensus Mock Draft – Ver 6.0
    June 7, 2018

Benny Nadeau

18 Spurs Khyri Thomas
    SG | Creighton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Detroit News: Rod Beard's 2018 NBA mock draft 1.0
    16 hours ago [AKA 14 June 2018]

18. San Antonio Spurs: Khyri Thomas, SG, Jr. Creighton. The Spurs need to groom the next guard to succeed Manu Ginobili and likely will go for Thomas or Troy Brown. They opt for Thomas’ maturity, with three years at Creighton, over Brown’s size, at 6-7, but Thomas' 6-10½ wingspan can make up for some of the difference on the defensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MassLive: NBA Mock Draft 2018: Going over the first round and finding ways for the Boston Celtics to trade up
    By Fred Katz and Tom Westerholm | Posted June 18, 2018 at 08:08 AM

With the 18th overall pick, the San Antonio Spurs select Khyri Thomas, guard from Creighton.

Junior season statistics: 15.1 points, 4.4 rebounds, 1.7 steals, 54 percent field goals, 41 percent 3-pointers

22 years old, 6-foot-4, 200 pounds

Westerholm: The Spurs are about to lose perhaps the best on-ball defender in the league, so they pick up perhaps the best on-ball defender in the draft. Thomas is a hyper-aggressive, long-armed steal factory who knocks down 3-pointers at a 40-percent clip. The Spurs organization may be rebuilding, but they will be able to find a use for that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just by his defense, he’s way better than sato....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him.. just wish he was 6'6.

Thread Information