Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t be that hard. In the playoffs, you play 7-9 guys anyways. Under that scenario you would have:

Murray, White, Kawhi, Lebron, LMA

Mills/Manu/Joff - that’s already 8.

Add a draft pick that’s 9. A couple of min value guys that’s 10 & 11. It would not be a big issue especially since Pop/RC are some of the best at finding value and getting a lot out of system players.

Then you can add another above min player who would probably be the true 8th man over Joff with the Room Exception (4M)
    Green would be a must and that's not sufficient depth. The Warriors depth isn't either this season, but they make up for it with a combination of overwhelming talent, fit and IQ among their 5 best players. This team wouldn't have that going for them.

Also, James wants to get off the ball more in his next stop. He could do that when Leonard runs P-n-R or him or Aldridge ISO, but neither is a play maker. They can't assist him with running point, the way Wade and Irving did or Harden, Paul, Simmons or Ball can.

They could have used a third ball dominant player on this last series vs GS, tbh.

Yeah, but not that dominant. I know they can all shoot, but I don't know how 3 all-time great play makers can function together. Even if they're an awkward fit, like James and Wade, 2 is doable because you need multiple creators anyway, so they can somewhat alternate playing on the second/weakside, plus you can stagger their minutes, like Pop used to with Parker and Ginobili and D'Antoni now does with Harden and Paul. But 3 means someone (in this case, Paul) gets relegated to glorified spot up shooter.
    Last edited by TD 21; 06-08-2018 at 04:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron became a very solid off-ball player in Miami when he was playing with Wade. He's also said he wants to play off-ball more going forward. That isn't the issue for Houston, it's their salary-cap mess and the fact that they already used most of their desirable trade assets to get CP0.
    He became off the ball good ok but it was Wade that became and needed to become the off the ball player after the 2011 finals collapse. I hope to see play Lebron off the ball more and making far more picks for his teammates ala Duncan. Especially for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thought of prime time Leonard and James on the floor at the same time would be fun to see for people who just like to watch good basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one wants that ty Ryan Anderson contract. Makes Fatty and Gasoft look like amazing deals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics make the most sense. Spurs could try for Kyrie. If LeBron goes to Boston, Kyrie will have to go.

I think, Spurs will become a villain if we endup signing LeBron. With Kyrie, Spurs will be the antidote against GSW that most fans will like. Either way, Spurs will be great team with Kyrie or LeBron. I am leaning towards Kyrie to Spurs. I hope it happens!!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Harden needs to handle the ball, Lebron needs the ball = SAD!
    This is why LeBron to Spurs makes the most sense. Kawhi can play off LeBron, Harden and LeBron I just don't see working out I see plenty of arguing at each other if it happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how do we get kyrie????? like without trading leonard.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs would need Green & Gay to opt out and then find someone to absorb the money for either Mills or Gasol. That's a lot to ask with only Pick #18 to offer as a sweetener.
    In order to take Gasol the other team will ask for the pick and another player - one of the young ones which I'd bet the Spurs would not want to do. But without getting rid of Gasol's 16 mil I find it hard that Lebron can be accomodated. I actually hope this deal can be done, however.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lebron says he wants to come here, I'm sure the Spurs would manage a way to talk Green and Gay into opting out so that they can get longer contracts for less money per year.

Also, with Tony's 15 millions expiring and buying out Gasol, wouldn't they make enough room?
    I can see Green opting out if he's told Lebron can be had. They are friends so I see Green doing everything in his power to help get it done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why LeBron to Spurs makes the most sense. Kawhi can play off LeBron, Harden and LeBron I just don't see working out I see plenty of arguing at each other if it happens.
    I think its a much better scenario than HOU, with that roster you only need a couple of decent role players and you have a great contender.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the defensive aspect of LeBron joining the Spurs is the most appealing...

Murray, Bron, Kawhi would absolutely dominate the boards..plus you add the length to clog the passing lanes etc. I dunno if Houston can guard GSW adding LeBron because of possibly losing Capela and Ariza
    Last edited by coachmac87; 06-08-2018 at 11:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the defensive aspect of LeBron joining the Spurs is the most appealing...

Murray, Bron, Kawhi and Murray would absolutely dominate the boards..plus you add the length to clog the passing lanes etc. I dunno if Houston can guard GSW adding LeBron because of possibly losing Capela and Ariza
    I could live with ONE Murray, but not TWO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key to beating GSW is having 5 guys that can switch on D. That means a big that can guard Curry and a guard that can at least do a decent job on Durant. The strength of the Warriors is there one on one play off of switches and there ability to space to give their stars space to operate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely not with the terrible coaching that I saw from Houston this year.

LeBron got pissed off at Ty Lue for the Game 1 timeout, for that reason it's not a good idea to go to Houston, unless they have a coach like Rick Carlisle, Brad Stevens, Greg Popovich, etc.
    And if he decides for Phili, they are still not good enough to beat this Warriors team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Philly.. He loves Pop but he’s not likely to come to San Antonio with Leonard sitting out an entire season and nobody knows the status of his health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t be that hard. In the playoffs, you play 7-9 guys anyways. Under that scenario you would have:

Murray, White, Kawhi, Lebron, LMA

Mills/Manu/Joff - that’s already 8.

Add a draft pick that’s 9. A couple of min value guys that’s 10 & 11. It would not be a big issue especially since Pop/RC are some of the best at finding value and getting a lot out of system players.

Then you can add another above min player who would probably be the true 8th man over Joff with the Room Exception (4M)
    -------------------------------------------------

Sir, is that enough to beat the Warriors??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key to beating GSW is having 5 guys that can switch on D. That means a big that can guard Curry and a guard that can at least do a decent job on Durant. The strength of the Warriors is there one on one play off of switches and there ability to space to give their stars space to operate.

----------------------------------------------

Anyone on the horizon that we can get??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually wondering if the Spurs can present Kawhi with two options. Could they say, hey, we're going for Lebron and if we can get him, will you take the regular max? If we don't get him, we'll give you the Supermax. You think Kawhi would be interested in that? If Lebron did come, I really don't think he should be getting paid less than Kawhi. I don't know if that would sit well with him.
    I rather appease a 26 year old kawhi than a 33 year old lebron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's wrong with Toronto? I haven't look at their salary cap. The only problem the Raptors had was they never had that One Superstar. Valucianas, Lowry, Derozan, Van Fleet, plus Lebron could do some major damage in the East and would likely be favored again over everyone even the Celtics. They match up relatively well against the Warriors too in that they have more physical defenders to wear down the Warriors. Lowry/Van Fleet on Steph, Derozan/Lebron on Thompson/KD, Valucianas on Draymond. Raptors arena and fan base is amazing and plus they do have Drake whom seems to fit the kind of celebrity personality Lebron would market with. Lebron's group might like it since it checks a lot of boxes: staying in the east, getting a better supporting cast, bigger market. Coach is still undecided and we all know Lebron loves picking his puppet coaches.
    If they fold vs the cavs, those guys would absolutely crumble in the finals vs warriors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You MUST return something in a trade other than cash considerations. It can be a player, rights to a previous player pick, or VERY conditional pick, but frankly, Philly has second rounders falling out of their collective ass. They shouldn't balk at flipping one our way.
    No way philly helps us get lebron...lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way philly helps us get lebron...lol
    i don't see why not, gets him out of the conf and lets them battle boston, and toronto on fair terms

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't see why not, gets him out of the conf and lets them battle boston, and toronto on fair terms
    Because THEY want him ������ so if spurs can't get him, they may feel they have a better chance at being his second option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because THEY want him ������ so if spurs can't get him, they may feel they have a better chance at being his second option
    But the NBA isn't that cutthroat. It's not like if the 76ers say no, patty won't be traded, it'll just cost the spurs more. Likewise screwing the spurs doesn't guarantee LeBron goes there, Philly would have to know they were number 2 to do this. Lebron could just as well go to Boston and over both teams!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Kelly Iko, the Rockets are aggressively pursuing a Ryan Anderson trade or could explore a buyout.

Not exactly news since the Rockets have been doing this for about a year. I am not sure how a buyout could impact an LBJ signing though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Kelly Iko, the Rockets are aggressively pursuing a Ryan Anderson trade or could explore a buyout.

Not exactly news since the Rockets have been doing this for about a year. I am not sure how a buyout could impact an LBJ signing though.
    If Anderson has two working brain cells, he would want nothing to do with a buyout. Doesn't he have like 2yrs/40M left? Why should he take half of that, the usual buyout rate, when he can get all of it just by saying 'no'? He's not going to get anything NEAR that on the market today.

Thread Information