Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont know jack squat about Mike McCormick and melted down. You didn't tell me 1 thing about him. Jack Squat.
    Jack Squat? Skinny cat...not built like a typical sprinter. Looked like a miler. As we know, that wasn't the case...sub 10 100 when before it was common. Never recorded though. Won't find him in any...yes...no...books or on Google. Ya just have to know this stuff.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have no clue what honest means.
    Never, ever use this word you tiny impish dwarf of a man.
    This is one dumb .

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont know jack squat about Mike McCormick and melted down. You didn't tell me 1 thing about him. Jack Squat.
    I thought you said....
    Pfftt... you dont know jack squat about Rick McCormick. Jack squat.
    Now it's Mike?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack Squat? Skinny cat...not built like a typical sprinter. Looked like a miler. As we know, that wasn't the case...sub 10 100 when before it was common. Never recorded though. Won't find him in any...yes...no...books or on Google. Ya just have to know this stuff.
    Help me out here slick.

You talked about a fantasy track league you're in, then ya say.....why waste my time watching track and field.

??????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Help me out here slick.

You talked about a fantasy track league you're in, then ya say.....why waste my time watching track and field.

??????
    Watching the event is irrelevant to me. We're playing for money so once I have my team drafted, that's it. I usually come away with some money. Drafting the team is more fun than watching it to me.

Me seeeing the event live isn't going to change anything.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next up the USA Nationals.

We can expect to see a few of these NCAA cats in the mix there. We always have a handful who can hang with the pro athletes.

Micheal Norman is the best 400m sprinter in the nation.

Hurdler Grant Holloway will be in the medal chase.

Females 400h Sydney McLauglin and sprinter Aliea Hobbs can run with the pros.

All us real track guru's are scratching our heads over sprinter Christian Coleman. Earlier this season he broke the WR in the indoor 60, but once outside he's been subpar, so...????

Not sure what happened to 200m stud Eli Hall (ran the second leg on that Houston 4x1) at his regionals that kept him out of the NCAA's. He could give Noah Lyles a run.
    Last edited by Avante; 06-10-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the event is irrelevant to me. We're playing for money so once I have my team drafted, that's it. I usually come away with some money. Drafting the team is more fun than watching it to me.

Me seeeing the event live isn't going to change anything.
    Bull .

Dude....why? Why are you playing this stupid ? So you can draft these athletes but know nothing about any of them, hahahahaha~~~~~~

Best thing for you to do is just shut the up about track, ok? We all saw you do....0....here over the second biggest meet in the USA in 2018.

I was totally excited over this, which is what real fans are. This...don't care to actually watch track.....come on guy.

Right now, right this minute I;m watching a Diamond League meet on TV, a meet you don't even know is going on. Which is impossible for real track fans.

I'm guessing this little thinks he's trolling, when in reality he's looking like an idiot and a liar.
    Last edited by Avante; 06-10-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Track fan....wow, what a race, see that?
    SFS....I don't actually watch that stuff.
    Track fan....aren't you in a fantasy track league, but ya don't actually watch the sport?
    SFS....yep
    Track fan....so how do you know what is going on? Who is who?
    SFS....bend over and I'll show you who is who

My track seasons used to go like this....

Hit all the COS home meets
    Hit all the big HS meets between Fresno and Bakersfield
    Make the Modesto Relays
    Make Fresno's WEST COAST RELAYS...a 4 day affair
    Make The Bakersfield Relays
    The State HS meet if kinda close
    The state JC meet if possible

Was taking in about....20ish meets a season, now add all those televised meets.

How damn stupid is....in a fantasy track league but don't really watch that stuff. Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by Avante; 06-10-2018 at 11:42 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SFS....bend over and I'll show you who is who
    Dont ever use that phrase you tiny impish dwarf of a man.
    SF6 would bowel move you right down the big white throne.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont ever use that phrase you tiny impish dwarf of a man.
    SF6 would bowel move you right down the big white throne.
    Little man, as you have been told by those in your world, you gotta be the biggest bore n history. Do something other than show everyone how damn stupid you are, ok midget? I'm about ready to put you in with the other dummies Pavlov and Blake, I totally ignore those idiots.

Like them you'd just follow me around, huh?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do feel a little sorry for all those who....SFS really knows his stuff he's our track SOURCE....only to read him.....why waste my time watching track and field?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull .

Dude....why? Why are you playing this stupid ? So you can draft these athletes but know nothing about any of them, hahahahaha~~~~~~

Best thing for you to do is just shut the up about track, ok? We all saw you do....0....here over the second biggest meet in the USA in 2018.

I was totally excited over this, which is what real fans are. This...don't care to actually watch track.....come on guy.

Right now, right this minute I;m watching a Diamond League meet on TV, a meet you don't even know is going on. Which is impossible for real track fans.

I'm guessing this little thinks he's trolling, when in reality he's looking like an idiot and a liar.
    Maybe it sounds dopey but I'd rather spend the weekend with my family than watch track and field. Just because I'm not a fan doesn't mean I'm not an expert. And with regard to that, my expertise allows me to make a little money without having to vest much time in it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True or false

Back in the day there were two HS hurdlers from San Jose, Dedy Cooper and Bill "spider" Gaines. They were in the same league.

So in that league meet they ran a dead heat, yep...tie.

At the Fresno meet....a dead heat, another tie.

Then at the state meet, yep...another dead heat, another tie.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it sounds dopey but I'd rather spend the weekend with my family than watch track and field. Just because I'm not a fan doesn't mean I'm not an expert. And with regard to that, my expertise allows me to make a little money without having to vest much time in it.
    Ever heard of a....DVR? So when the family turns in for the night ya mix a drink, sit back and chill with one of your passions..track and field.

Dude, track is only a few months out of the year, you have plenty of time to spend with the family. So how do you manage football season?

You say you are an EXPERT, yet nobody here has ever seen you actually prove that. You have totally ignored every question I've asked you, is that how a real EXPERT acts?

I'm going to ask you another question, you are going to either totally ignore it, or dance around it, you will never actually give a legit answer, and the reason is....ya can't.

Who do you see in that USA Nationals 100m final?

Just fill in the lanes

lane

An EXPERT who never actually does anything.

The second the guy started talking 19.5-20.5 for a kid, there went any chance of the guy knowing the sport. Just think of some kid playing in the NFL.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avante has no equal when it comes to the who, what, where and when, when it comes to this combo...football/blues/track/rasslin'. If those were the only topics in some Natonal contest....Avante wins.

Why a bunch of midgets fight the obvious...????

Just thinking, looking around this desk....

The 2017 Year end rankings Track & Field News mag
    The Officail NFL Encyclopedia
    NO MIDDLE NAME....latest Jack Reacher novel
    The Quran
    Strange But True Football Stories
    Incredible Football Feats
    Great Poems
    The Complete Poems of Hart Crane
    The Tales of Edgar Allan Poe
    The Best American Mystery Stories

A little notebook I keep that keeps track of all the colleges and their track prowess, started this (not the same notebook) in 1966, only had a half dozen schools then, now over 70****

Just saw a 19 year old Cuban kid long jump 28-11....wow~~~~~ Best jump in the world in 2017...28-5.

***** every year I get a new notebook and rewrite everything, that keeps it fresh on my mind. Yep, takes about a month.
    Last edited by Avante; 06-10-2018 at 12:31 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True or false

Back in the day there were two HS hurdlers from San Jose, Dedy Cooper and Bill "spider" Gaines. They were in the same league.

So in that league meet they ran a dead heat, yep...tie.

At the Fresno meet....a dead heat, another tie.

Then at the state meet, yep...another dead heat, another tie.
    True or False?

When Judy and Avante entered the Grand Ball to dance and put the crowd in awe, Avante’s dental procedure was fully underway.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True or False?

When Judy and Avante entered the Grand Ball to dance and put the crowd in awe, Avante’s dental procedure was fully underway.
    Hmmmm?

guy on the street....excuse me sir but how do I get to Downey Street?
    You....So you drive a Ford.
    guy...ah...yep, so...Downey Street?
    You..I own a Chevy.
    guy....cool....ah...Downey Street?
    You...Red is my favorite color
    guy....can you please answer the question?
    You...which was?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will we ever see SFS actually share his track EXPERTISE in his track thread?

Who has ever read anything like this...

I'm not a fan of track, just an EXPERT.

Hahahahahaha

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Avante is the best at melting down.

Props.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember that Dedy Cooper vs Bill Gaines question?

1 Robert Gaines Kennedy NC 13.3 120HH 1975
    2 Dedy Cooper Ells NC 13.3 120HH 1975 NR in trials (13.2)
    3 John Peterson Saddleback S 13.3 120HH 1975
    4 Wilbur Gregory Mission Viejo S 13.6 120HH 1975
    5 Ron Kennedy Serramonte CC 14.0 120HH 1975
    6 Dennis Claxton Skyline O 14.2 120HH 1975

I saw the Fresno meet, they ran stride for stride the entire race, it was as if they were attached at the hip. One of tracks little oddities.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my God, thank you so much for this information. This is why your the Expert here. Again, infinite grat ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avante is the best at melting down.

Props.
    True expert in that field

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my God, thank you so much for this information. This is why your the Expert here. Again, infinite grat ude.
    Dude, if you would have took the time to actually checkout that bogus info you'd found this.....

Jack Squat

Squat started out as a pole vaulter before realizing he was afraid of heights, so he needed another event. This landed him in the mile.....but....running around in circles made him dizzy, so there that went. Not one to give up or in he switched to the sprints. Here he finally found his true calling. Three times he broke that Bluffton school record, ended up with a 9.6. Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion (Bufalo Bills WR) the guy who had held the record was at that meet.

Squat, was known for his rocket start and his shoes, he ran in tennis shoes.

Three times he won the Northern League 100 and 200 champs. And if he hadn't been drafted into the Army right out of Bluffton no telling where his sprinting would have taken him.

He was shot and killed by a fellow USA soldier in Korea, he mistook him for a Gook. Squats mom was Chinese.

Obviously more about Jack Squat can be found here.

https://www.bluffton.edu/
    Last edited by Avante; 06-10-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking about old "Golden Wheels" Dubenion got me thinking about speedy Buffalo Bills.

Clyde Glosson was a National caliber cat out of Texas Western (UTEP) back in the day, a legit 9.3 cat.

ASU's J.D. Hill another 9.3 speedster, Hill like "Golden Wheels" and Glosson a WR.

O.J.Simpson ran a 9.4 while at SFCC, and ran on a USC WR 4x1 team.

WR Sammy Watkins a Florida HS 200m champ.

WR Robert Woods,the top HS400m cat in the nation.

WR Marquiez Goodwin an Olympic long jumper with sun10.20 jets.

Who am I forgetting?

"Golden Wheels"

Elbert Dubenion (born February 16, 1933), nicknamed "Duby" or "Golden Wheels", was an American football wide receiver. He played college football for Bluffton College (now Bluffton University) in northwest Ohio.
    As a rookie for the American Football League's Buffalo Bills in 1960, DuBenion had seven touchdowns and 752 receiving yards on 42 catches, a 17.9 yd/catch average. He ran 16 times for 94 yards and a touchdown, a 5.6 yd/carry average. In 1961, facing tighter and deeper coverages, he upped his production as a runner, rushing for 173 yards and a touchdown on just 17 carries, a 10.3 yd/carry average. He had 31 catches for 461 yards and six touchdowns.

One of the great looking football cards is his rookie card, the classic WR all laid out making the catch...ah...with his helmet off.
    Last edited by Avante; 06-10-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously can;'t talk the Buffalo Bills with no mentoin of Cookie Gilchrist. A 250 pound monster with speed back in the 60's.

Gilchrist is still the only pro football 1000 yard rusher (first in the old AFL) who went straight from HS to pro football...CFL. He was a great RB (fullback) his size/speed combo was amazing. And, he also kicked.

His rookie card is.....THE....pose, it gets no better than this, and it is right there with my Montana, Jim Brown and Rice rookie cards.
    Last edited by Avante; 06-10-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Thread Information