Page 12 of 162 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does bill still commentate lakers games? what happen if his son gets the sacked from gm lebron? continue or leave also

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    does bill still commentate lakers games? what happen if his son gets the sacked from gm lebron? continue or leave also
    No, unfortunately. I'd love to have Bill over what we have tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, unfortunately. I'd love to have Bill over what we have tbh.
    Two things I have been disappointed in with Lakers (besides no playoffs) that should easily be fixed.

1. Lakers should have the best staff in all sports bar none. No cap on assistant coach salaries. I doubt we could lure Chip from San antonio but if he is the best we should have teh 2nd best shooting coach, the best trainer, the best anyltics director. etc.

2. Our announcers should be best in the biz. I know replacing Chick is near impossible. And are guys right now are adequate. But Stu's best days have passed and the other guys is just solid. But for a city with Chick, Vin Scully, Jon Miller even Lawler for the Lakers to have weakest lead play-by-play guy of our major teams plus the Clippers is just sad.

One thing Lebron has over Jordan/Kobe is off the court. Kobe/Jordan give money to charities etc. Kobe speaks on social issues jordan wont touch but as political/social activist. But, As a true mover and shaker in black excellence James is the role model for modern NBA and all sports.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 07-31-2018 at 09:49 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Two things I have been disappointed in with Lakers (besides no playoffs) that should easily be fixed.

1. Lakers should have the best staff in all sports bar none. No cap on assistant coach salaries. I doubt we could lure Chip from San antonio but if he is the best we should have teh 2nd best shooting coach, the best trainer, the best anyltics director. etc.

2. Announcers should be best in the biz. I know replacing Chick is near impossible. And are guys right now are adequate. But Stu's best days have passed and the other guys is just solid. But for a city with Chick, Vin Scully, Jon Miller even Lawler for the Lakers to have weakest lead play-by-play guy iof our major teams plus the Clippers is just sad.

One thing Lebron has over Jordan/Kobe is off the court. Kobe/Jordan give money to charities etc. Kobe speaks on social issues jordan wont touch but as political/social activist. As a true mover and shaker in black excellence James is the role model for modern NBA.
    This is spot on Killa. Agreed 100%.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is spot on Killa. Agreed 100%.
    Was also great to hear Lebron's excitement for his school, but also for our team and young supporting cast. As you said, if Kang didn't want us to give up the farm, why should we because Rachel Nichols, DPG on Twitter etc. feel we are wasting a year of Lebron's prime?

The blueprint is working well. IF Lebron trusts his last chapter to Maginka, that is more than enough for me.
    I would have taken Tatum over Lonzo/Mitc /Fultz (said it BEFORE draft well not mitc because i had no clue he would matter) and I wouldn't have let Randle walk for nada But ...
    Team Maginka has been nothing but aces I am willing to give them BOD for now.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 07-31-2018 at 03:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2. Our announcers should be best in the biz. I know replacing Chick is near impossible. And are guys right now are adequate. But Stu's best days have passed and the other guys is just solid. But for a city with Chick, Vin Scully, Jon Miller even Lawler for the Lakers to have weakest lead play-by-play guy of our major teams plus the Clippers is just sad.

One thing Lebron has over Jordan/Kobe is off the court. Kobe/Jordan give money to charities etc. Kobe speaks on social issues jordan wont touch but as political/social activist. But, As a true mover and shaker in black excellence James is the role model for modern NBA and all sports.
    The issue the last few years is that the siblings were fighting and no one wants to be caught in that cross fire so staff generally stay away when they had the choice.

With all the turmoil gone I think it’s something you can expect as the quality of life in la is amazing if you are rich.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Was also great to hear Lebron's excitement for his school, but also for our team and young supporting cast. As you said, if Kang didn't want us to give up the farm, why should we because Rachel Nichols, DPG on Twitter etc. feel we are wasting a year of Lebron's prime?

The blueprint is workingh well. IF Lebron trusts his last chapter to Maginka that is more than enough for me.
    I would have taken Tatum over Lonzo/Mitc /Fultz (said it BEFORE draft well not mitc because i had no clue he would matter) and I wouldn't have let Randle walk for nada But ...
    Team Maginka has been nothing but aces I am now illing to give them BOD for now.
    Bingo. I agree. These farmers be clowning, but Kuz, BI, Lonzo, and Hart are good young pieces that will grow up fast next to LeBron. He could have easily traded them and didn't. That's huge for their confidence.

And for LeBron, not only is he trusting his last chapter to Maginka, he sending a clear signal to free agents to come join him in 2019. I'd love Kiwi to come for infinite jokes, but I'd settle Klay tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The issue the last few years is that the siblings were fighting and no one wants to be caught in that cross fire so staff generally stay away when they had the choice.

With all the turmoil gone I think it’s something you can expect as the quality of life in la is amazing if you are rich.
    Some great points but letting the scouts and some assitants walk during the lockout was pre-sibling turmoil. Lessor teams with far less profits, ad money etc. Kept their support personell on staff during the duration. Buss was still alive and well, even if Jimbo was running operations with Mitch and buss was mostly playing celebrity poker THAT Still happened on Dr. Buss's watch.
    One of the best owners in pro sports but he fell asleep at the wheel and his succession planning as poor. He let his heart and love for his children cloud his judgment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some great points but letting the scouts and some assitants walk during the lockout was pre-sibling turmoil. Lessor teams with far less profits, ad money etc. Kept their support personell on staff during the duration. Buss was still alive and well, even if Jimbo was running operations with Mitch and buss was mostly playing celebrity poker THAT Still happened on Dr. Buss's watch.
    One of the best owners in pro sports but he fell asleep at the wheel and his succession planning as poor. He let his heart and love for his children cloud his judgment.
    Can’t say for sure but that is evidence that the infighting started before the death of the doctor. The kids wanted the keys on the kingdom and were positioning themselves before th day came.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pressure is on. LA didn’t trade for a star when they had the chance because they believe their core is ready now. Lebron is saying there are championship habits and expectations here. This is not a rebuilding year. They can’t just sneak into the playoffs, they have to make noise with Lebron and these young stars.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Are you a closet Laker fan yet?
    no. You're still a not-so-closeted Warriors fan, though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only when they play the Spurs and Clipps tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

That's gangsta

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The pressure is on. LA didn’t trade for a star when they had the chance because they believe their core is ready now. Lebron is saying there are championship habits and expectations here. This is not a rebuilding year. They can’t just sneak into the playoffs, they have to make noise with Lebron and these young stars.
    not stars but poential for a couple is high the other will be solid core pieces ...
    My guess is Kuzma will do his best to be that piece over Ingram ...
    Hart will also push Lonzo

IDGAF if the end of the draft guys usurp the #2 picks, as long as at least two of them seize the opportunity Lebron & Maginka has laid out for them ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not stars but poential for a couple is high the other will be solid core pieces ...
    My guess is Kuzma will do his best to be that piece over Ingram ...
    Hart will also push Lonzo

IDGAF if the end of the draft guys usurp the #2 picks, as long as at least two of them seize the opportunity Lebron & Maginka has laid out for them ...
    I don’t get the love for kuzma at all. Classic scorer on a bad team thing like ceballos and stackhouse. Only kuzma isn’t close to as good as either.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    - please. Pressure ain't nothing new in LA. I'll tell you who has pressure: the Silver and Black team in the 210.

For 2 decades the Spurs mystique was the envy of the NBA. 20 straight years of 50+ wins. Then Pop got arrogant with the wrong Niglet.

Your franchise player sat out 89% of the Spurs games. Didn't even sit on the bench in the playoffs. Kyrie did in Beantown. Why not Kiwi?

Checkers: y'all made the playoffs without him. Chess: y'all alienated the 3rd best player in your franchise's history. What does that do for future free agent stars? Will they want to play for Plantation Pop? Will they forget how Pop dissed Kiwi publicly time and time again?

Your Spurs average age is 28.6 years (aka tired old land ). There is no way you beat the Rockets, Golden State or eve my Lakers in a playoff series. Pop is 67 and widowed - how much longer does he want to coach? If you guys are a 1st round exit (again ) will Pop even want to come back? I doubt it and wouldn't blame him for pulling s Roberto Duran.

This is a pressure packed year for your Spurs. If y'all don't make the 2nd round, Pop is gone. Then it is welcome to Lottery Land, for the foreseeable future for the Spurs. Spurs Mystique: gone like Kiwi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - please. Pressure ain't nothing new in LA. I'll tell you who has pressure: the Silver and Black team in the 210.

For 2 decades the Spurs mystique was the envy of the NBA. 20 straight years of 50+ wins. Then Pop got arrogant with the wrong Niglet.

Your franchise player sat out 89% of the Spurs games. Didn't even sit on the bench in the playoffs. Kyrie did in Beantown. Why not Kiwi?

Checkers: y'all made the playoffs without him. Chess: y'all alienated the 3rd best player in your franchise's history. What does that do for future free agent stars? Will they want to play for Plantation Pop? Will they forget how Pop dissed Kiwi publicly time and time again?

Your Spurs average age is 28.6 years (aka tired old land ). There is no way you beat the Rockets, Golden State or eve my Lakers in a playoff series. Pop is 67 and widowed - how much longer does he want to coach? If you guys are a 1st round exit (again ) will Pop even want to come back? I doubt it and wouldn't blame him for pulling s Roberto Duran.

This is a pressure packed year for your Spurs. If y'all don't make the 2nd round, Pop is gone. Then it is welcome to Lottery Land, for the foreseeable future for the Spurs. Spurs Mystique: gone like Kiwi.
    One of the dumbest arguments I have heard by Laker fans and other NBA fans. Spurs have never been a team that has historically relied on free agency to get superstars or even all-stars. Outside of LMA the Spurs have always targeted role players and young unproven players. I don't see how that will change since both groups of players tend to be desperate for an opportunity at playing time and money.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One of the dumbest arguments I have heard by Laker fans and other NBA fans. Spurs have never been a team that has historically relied on free agency to get superstars or even all-stars. Outside of LMA the Spurs have always targeted role players and young unproven players. I don't see how that will change since both groups of players tend to be desperate for an opportunity at playing time and money.
    I'm not just talking about top tier free agents - I'm talking about them all. MLE types, vet ring chasers, etc. They all saw how Plantation Pop arrogantly bungled the Kiwi situation. Who wants to play for a coach who didn't believe his player when he said he wasn't right? Grant Hill comes to mind. Tracy McRady comes to mind. Isiah Thomas comes to mind. I don't blame Kiwi 0.000001% for putting his health first.

Pop should have let him sit the season out if that was how long it took to get back healthy. He also should have publicly supported him even if he was lying thru his yellow ass teeth.

Y'all wasn't winning jack with a gimpy Kiwi anyway and you damn sho wasn't gone win without him. Then the prick sends Porker and Beak to call him out publicly? What an amazingly stupid dumbass Pop is.

If Maginka gets him to sign in LA next summer - without trading for him - this forum = fcked. I'll make sure of it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don’t get the love for kuzma at all. Classic scorer on a bad team thing like ceballos and stackhouse. Only kuzma isn’t close to as good as either.
    He actually has a little bit of Cedric to his game ...with better range sorta of a Cedric/Horry hybrid without Horry's defense.
    None of us know what Kuz will or won't be.
    Kyle has shown a strong work ethic and a nice skillset.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not just talking about top tier free agents - I'm talking about them all. MLE types, vet ring chasers, etc. They all saw how Plantation Pop arrogantly bungled the Kiwi situation. Who wants to play for a coach who didn't believe his player when he said he wasn't right? Grant Hill comes to mind. Tracy McRady comes to mind. Isiah Thomas comes to mind. I don't blame Kiwi 0.000001% for putting his health first.

Pop should have let him sit the season out if that was how long it took to get back healthy. He also should have publicly supported him even if he was lying thru his yellow ass teeth.

Y'all wasn't winning jack with a gimpy Kiwi anyway and you damn sho wasn't gone win without him. Then the prick sends Porker and Beak to call him out publicly? What an amazingly stupid dumbass Pop is.

If Maginka gets him to sign in LA next summer - without trading for him - this forum = fcked. I'll make sure of it.
    This is what you said originally "What does that do for future free agent stars?" Obviously you changed the subject once I called you on your bs. Like I said before you can't be that re ed to believe role players, unproven talent, or even vets who are desperate to get paid will pass up playing with the Spurs. I know you hate the Spurs but at least be realistic with your hatred. This is like me saying Lebron will be trash next year and no longer a great player because he's wearing a Laker jersey. That would be an asinine statement to make.

Spurs would have won if Kawhi played last year. It's obvious the Warriors did not match up well with the combo of Kawhi-LMA. Spurs knew how to force them to play a half court post up game which is the Warriors weakness. The '18 incarnation of the Warriors were weaker than the '17 incarnation. No doubt the Spurs would have beaten them if Kawhi decided to play last year. You also believed the Spurs could beat the Warriors hence why you reacted like a kid on Christmas morning when Zaza took out Kawhi. I know you are a troll but damn if you want to troll you should be trolling about how Kawhi cost the Spurs chance at a championship this year.

Kawhi may sign with the Lakers next summer but I will enjoy this year's clown show that is also known as the Lakers. It should be fun to see how Lebron reacts when the Lakers experience a 7 game losing streak. I have to say what a re ed idea the Lakers have of playing Lebron at PF full time. I'm surprised you guys can be that stupid but hey I'm all for it go put more miles on Lebron's body and accelerate his decline.

Anyways serious question do you believe Kawhi's injury was legit?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is what you said originally "What does that do for future free agent stars?" Obviously you changed the subject once I called you on your bs. Like I said before you can't be that re ed to believe role players, unproven talent, or even vets who are desperate to get paid will pass up playing with the Spurs. I know you hate the Spurs but at least be realistic with your hatred. This is like me saying Lebron will be trash next year and no longer a great player because he's wearing a Laker jersey. That would be an asinine statement to make.

Spurs would have won if Kawhi played last year. It's obvious the Warriors did not match up well with the combo of Kawhi-LMA. Spurs knew how to force them to play a half court post up game which is the Warriors weakness. The '18 incarnation of the Warriors were weaker than the '17 incarnation. No doubt the Spurs would have beaten them if Kawhi decided to play last year. You also believed the Spurs could beat the Warriors hence why you reacted like a kid on Christmas morning when Zaza took out Kawhi. I know you are a troll but damn if you want to troll you should be trolling about how Kawhi cost the Spurs chance at a championship this year.

Kawhi may sign with the Lakers next summer but I will enjoy this year's clown show that is also known as the Lakers. It should be fun to see how Lebron reacts when the Lakers experience a 7 game losing streak. I have to say what a re ed idea the Lakers have of playing Lebron at PF full time. I'm surprised you guys can be that stupid but hey I'm all for it go put more miles on Lebron's body and accelerate his decline.

Anyways serious question do you believe Kawhi's injury was legit?
    Nah - I don't hate the Spurs at all - I just like to mess with you farmers.

You are looking at this thru your homerific Silver and Black glasses. Yes, the Spurs were up 20+ in the playoffs vs the Dubs in that playoff series. It was more about the Dubs missing shots and the Spurs being uber efficient offensively AND playing solid D. You think they would have kept missing shots? Wide open ones too. I don't think so. I still say Dubs would have won with a healthy Kiwi in your lineup - even if it took game 7. But that's neither here or there.

As far as LBJ, he made the right choice. Outside of Kevin Love, there was no Cav I'd take over Lonzo, Kuz, Ingram and Josh Hart. That means this Lakers team he's on is better than the one he took to the Finals. And we added some vets who won't wilt when they see the Dubs or Rockets.

Don't believe me? The Lakers beat Indiana, the Celtics, and the Cavs themselves without a star last year - with the youngest roster in the league. The only East playoff team we didn't beat were the Raps - who had LeBronchitis

And the Lakers have 3 of the top passers in the league in LeBron (9apg), Rondo (8apg), and Lonzo (6.9apg). Even 6'9" Ingram (3.9apg) can pass it and facilitate their offense. LeBron hasn't had this luxury since the Heattles. So when he says he wants to play off ball, he can afford to do so with my Lakers.

That means he won't "play PF full time" in the traditional sense that you are insinuating. Positionless basketball will be in effect. We will have a quality playmaker in the game for a full 48 minutes every night setting up teammates to score.

No, we won't be shooting 3s like the Dubs. Can't beat them at that game. What I do expect is to be physical with them. We got the players to do that and muck it up. Won't always be pretty but we absolutely will compete with them. My baby Lakers took it to them all 4 games last year without a star. Now they are a year older and we now have LeBron. Should be fun. I'm legit not scared of any teams this year. No promises, but we will surprise a lot of people.

And yes, Kiwi was legit hurt. I am 1,000% on board with him sitting out. Plantation Pop should have felt the same way.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Clipps

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah - I don't hate the Spurs at all - I just like to mess with you farmers.

You are looking at this thru your homerific Silver and Black glasses. Yes, the Spurs were up 20+ in the playoffs vs the Dubs in that playoff series. It was more about the Dubs missing shots and the Spurs being uber efficient offensively AND playing solid D. You think they would have kept missing shots? Wide open ones too. I don't think so. I still say Dubs would have won with a healthy Kiwi in your lineup - even if it took game 7. But that's neither here or there.

As far as LBJ, he made the right choice. Outside of Kevin Love, there was no Cav I'd take over Lonzo, Kuz, Ingram and Josh Hart. That means this Lakers team he's on is better than the one he took to the Finals. And we added some vets who won't wilt when they see the Dubs or Rockets.

Don't believe me? The Lakers beat Indiana, the Celtics, and the Cavs themselves without a star last year - with the youngest roster in the league. The only East playoff team we didn't beat were the Raps - who had LeBronchitis

And the Lakers have 3 of the top passers in the league in LeBron (9apg), Rondo (8apg), and Lonzo (6.9apg). Even 6'9" Ingram (3.9apg) can pass it and facilitate their offense. LeBron hasn't had this luxury since the Heattles. So when he says he wants to play off ball, he can afford to do so with my Lakers.

That means he won't "play PF full time" in the traditional sense that you are insinuating. Positionless basketball will be in effect. We will have a quality playmaker in the game for a full 48 minutes every night setting up teammates to score.

No, we won't be shooting 3s like the Dubs. Can't beat them at that game. What I do expect is to be physical with them. We got the players to do that and muck it up. Won't always be pretty but we absolutely will compete with them. My baby Lakers took it to them all 4 games last year without a star. Now they are a year older and we now have LeBron. Should be fun. I'm legit not scared of any teams this year. No promises, but we will surprise a lot of people.

And yes, Kiwi was legit hurt. I am 1,000% on board with him sitting out. Plantation Pop should have felt the same way.
    1. Lakers are definitely not better than last year's Cavs. Kevin Love is a legit all-star and this current Laker's team has zero all-stars. I don't see Kuzma, Ingram,Lonzo stepping up to be a legit all-star player.
    2. Believing the Lakers can hang with the Warriors based off of 4 regular season games from last year is pretty silly. Let's be real the Warriors were toying with the Lakers in all 4 of those games. Once they see Lebron in a Laker jersey they will be determined to pound them into the ground. If the Lakers meet the Warriors in the playoffs. I see a series ending in a sweep or 5 games.
    3. I disagree with you about the Warriors-Spurs. I just don't see how the Warriors would have been able to adjust to the Spurs size and post up game during a 7 game series. It was even clear this year the Warriors had a difficult time guarding LMA with single coverage and resorted to double and triple teams. Warriors coudln't guard either Kawhi-LMA in the paint and it would have blown holes in their interior defense. Also factor in the Spurs were using their size to crash the offensive boards and that would have worn down the Warriors in a 7 game series.
    4. The Kawhi injury was bs. I have an uncle and close friend who are Doctors and both have told me they have treated patients with Kawhi's condition and it's basically nothing. Kawhi milked a quad bruise to sit out the whole entire year. What he did is up there with someone faking whip lash to get money from the insurance company. Notice how Kawhi hid from the Spurs medical staff in NYC when they came to check on him. Also notice how ESPN never had any medical experts on to talk about this injury because the injury in itself was bs. I don't know if your being a troll when it comes to believing the injury was legit but if you truly do believe it was legit then I have to say you are a profoundly stupid person that can easily be hoodwinked.
    5- Lakers the way they are currently constructed their ceiling at best is a 4th seed in the West but I see them most likely 5-7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What did pop do again?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Clipps
    Dekker and Evans will probably get cut, big whoop.

Thread Information