Page 124 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 4042
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It sounds pretty uncontrollable to me for 99. Who had control then? The billionaires or the millionaires?
    In 1999 season, Uncontrollable to me means they never come to an agreement and just cancel the entire season (or seasons) until they hammer out an agreement. That didn't happen. Both were losing money, a little give here, a little take there, then finally, to salvage the season they settled on 50 games. This could have been avoided.

The Rona? Couldn't be avoided (but the spread shouldn't be as bad but that's another story). The players and owners are doing everything they can to resume their season, but unlike a CBA, they have NO control over the Rona.

You equating the two is puzzling to me. To only thing I agree with is the asterisk. The reasons why both get them could not be further polar opposite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 1999 season, Uncontrollable to me means they never come to an agreement and just cancel the entire season (or seasons) until they hammer out an agreement. That didn't happen. Both were losing money, a little give here, a little take there, then finally, to salvage the season they settled on 50 games. This could have been avoided.

The Rona? Couldn't be avoided (but the spread shouldn't be as bad but that's another story). The players and owners are doing everything they can to resume their season, but unlike a CBA, they have NO control over the Rona.

You equating the two is puzzling to me. To only thing I agree with is the asterisk. The reasons why both get them could not be further polar opposite.
    Did I equal the two?

Also, by your rationale could they not have just cancelled this season? That’s controllable by your definition.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did I equal the two?
    Yes, you did by implying that owners and players have control with the Rona. Their solution is to play in a bubble. That's not control. We know groupies will be in and out of that bubble. And who knows where they've been. That's hardly being in control.

Also, by your rationale could they not have just cancelled this season? That’s controllable by your definition.
    As much as I hate to admit it, yes, they should cancel the season. NFL too. The Rona is gonna have a 2nd wave that I believe will be worse than the 1st. What's the use of getting our favorite players exposed before this dumbass country gets it's together and slow down this virus? Lesser countries have done it, but we have not. I have a theory on why, but that's another story.

MLB and Soccer should play though. Nobody gives a about them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, you did by implying that owners and players have control with the Rona. Their solution is to play in a bubble. That's not control. We know groupies will be in and out of that bubble. And who knows where they've been. That's hardly being in control.

As much as I hate to admit it, yes, they should cancel the season. NFL too. The Rona is gonna have a 2nd wave that I believe will be worse than the 1st. What's the use of getting our favorite players exposed before this dumbass country gets it's together and slow down this virus? Lesser countries have done it, but we have not. I have a theory on why, but that's another story.

MLB and Soccer should play though. Nobody gives a about them
    So they should be the same asterisk because the league could’ve and should’ve cancelled the season but didn’t.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nice intro interview with JR

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pop hid Jim from Shaq until Shaq was neutered in the 4th quarter. And for good reason:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop hid Jim from Shaq until Shaq was neutered in the 4th quarter. And for good reason:

22.5 ppg for an entire series.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    22.5 ppg for an entire series.
    It's funny you noted that. What was Kobe's ppg during det series?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paulito salivating at a chance to win the biggest ing asterisk in sports history.

LeBron not only got a mini-offseason in, but also had plenty of time to go thru a juice cycle. Not that Adam Silver would ever test him, but still...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny you noted that. What was Kobe's ppg during det series?
    That’s why he’s one of the greatest second bananas ever. It’s between him, magic, mchale and Pippen.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That’s why he’s one of the greatest second bananas ever. It’s between him, magic, mchale and Pippen.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Paulito salivating at a chance to win the biggest ing asterisk in sports history.

LeBron not only got a mini-offseason in, but also had plenty of time to go thru a juice cycle. Not that Adam Silver would ever test him, but still...
    Spurs 1999 season = 50 games
    Lakers 2020 season = 71 games

How you figure son? Spurs played in a dome. Lakers have to play in a ballroom inside a bubble.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

How you figure son? Spurs played in a dome. Lakers have to play in a ballroom inside a bubble.
    Mi hombre Homero putting spurs in their places again

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mini offseason, bruh. 90 days of rest and roid cycle.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mi hombre Homero putting spurs in their places again

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mini offseason, bruh. 90 days of rest and roid cycle.
    Playing with the idea they can get the Rona...and dieded. No such pressure in 1999.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing with the idea they can get the Rona...and dieded. No such pressure in 1999.
    There is no pressure playing in an empty arena.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There is no pressure playing in an empty arena.
    Don't be obtuse son. Fans cheering or booing ain't . You know that's not what I'm talking about.

For example, Westbrook has the Rona. How long will he be infectious? Can he quarantine, become asymptomatic, and still infect another player? Is Silver gonna hold him out to protect other players? Will players' insured mega contracts cover the Rona? There are so many questions and NO vaccine for something that could kill you.

To play under these unknown conditions is pressurePERIOD.

But...that's why they should just cancel the season, but they won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    regular season as a predictor or playoff difficulty.
    * now denoting the “ease” of winning a championship rather than how different it is from normal cir stances.
    moving goalposts.
    making zero sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can tell you that second banana ain’t jabbar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be obtuse son. Fans cheering or booing ain't . You know that's not what I'm talking about.

For example, Westbrook has the Rona. How long will he be infectious? Can he quarantine, become asymptomatic, and still infect another player? Is Silver gonna hold him out to protect other players? Will players' insured mega contracts cover the Rona? There are so many questions and NO vaccine for something that could kill you.

To play under these unknown conditions is pressurePERIOD.

But...that's why they should just cancel the season, but they won't.
    I'm sure before they play the game all the stuff you mentioned puts a lot of stress on them but when they are playing the game I don't think they will be stressed or feel the pressure. The game will actually be the only time where they do feel at ease from everything that is going around them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My boys got great chemistry

That's important in the bubble.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers just added some dawgs to the lineup: Dion, Kief and even JR Smith brings dimensions to the Lakers bench they haven't had all season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Thread Information