Page 5 of 162 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    magic was brought as a glorified recruiter for the lakers. the narrative all season long was he could persuade or attract free agents, something mitch or jim buss couldn’t do. we’ll definitely see if it’s all BS.

i can only imagine the embarrassment if PG of all people turns him down.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    magic was brought as a glorified recruiter for the lakers. the narrative all season long was he could persuade or attract free agents, something mitch or jim buss couldn’t do. we’ll definitely see if it’s all BS.

i can only imagine the embarrassment if PG of all people turns him down.
    Couldn't disagree more...
    Only way I say he is full of crap if LeBron and PG choose an equal or lessor situation over the Lakers. If PG stays for more money or LeBron stays home no harm, no foul.
    But if they leave and still spurn us then we can discuss that further.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Space Jam 2 Trailer?

I bet this won't be shot on location in Philly or H-town

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Couldn't disagree more...
    Only way I say he is full of crap if LeBron and PG choose an equal or lessor situation over the Lakers. If PG stays for more money or LeBron stays home no harm, no foul.
    But if they leave and still spurn us then we can discuss that further.
    welp, on cue. magic disagrees with you bro. pincus just tweeted this

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Key words, ... ^^^^ next two.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Magic is not bright to go out on that limb ...but that is fine.
    Bottom line is Maginka has the arrow pointing up.
    He wanna bounce if he fails at landing a big fish in the next two years ... fine with me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Key words, ... ^^^^ next two.
    dude, if he cant lock down george NOW, there’s zero chance he’ll convince Kawhi or Klay Thompson next year

otoh, if you want to be optimistic, that statement is a dead giveaway his down payment of $500,000 was a success and a handshake deal with mintz and george was reached.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    dude, if he cant lock down george NOW, there’s zero chance he’ll convince Kawhi or Klay Thompson next year

otoh, if you want to be optimistic, that statement is a dead giveaway his down payment of $500,000 was a success and a handshake deal with mintz and george was reached.
    George isnt mine and shouldn't be Lakers top choice anyways.
    Sometimes these players like Melo, dwight etc do you a favor by not signing with you.
    And you cant say that not getting PG means you cant get LeBron, KL or Klay next year lost of things can change and Lakers supporting cast might look much better.
    Players and teams can suffer injury ...none of us thought KL would say he wants to leave Spurs, this time last year.

Laker fans live to much in the moment and short term.
    I hope Pelinka is a man of his word and trying to build sustained success.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Technically, Maginka already made a $18 million dollar down payment: KCP wasn't sniffing that kind of money nowhere else. And of course KCP shares an agent with Martin Lou to the Kang.

He'll look like a damn jackass if the Kang don't come to LA. But, if he does, no way PG13 chooses Westbrook over LBJ.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

This is like when Fredo said he'd step down if the Lakers didn't make the playoffs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Technically, Maginka already made a $18 million dollar down payment: KCP wasn't sniffing that kind of money nowhere else. And of course KCP shares an agent with Martin Lou to the Kang.

He'll look like a damn jackass if the Kang don't come to LA. But, if he does, no way PG13 chooses Westbrook over LBJ.
    that was a suave move but typical agent legwork by rob. probably their best offseason move to date.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count

great move to combat charges against the obvious tampering which has been going on, tbh. if anyone accuses him of it in the future, he can point to that statement saying he put his neck on the line previously as if there was doubt he already didn't have some signings agreed upon

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    If LeBron goes to the Lakers which looks likely, he needs to win or else people will say well Kobe won here.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If LeBron goes to the Lakers which looks likely, he needs to win or else people will say well Kobe won here.
    IF he does come he won't be coming by himself. The question for me is which of our young core will be traded to bring in LBJ-friendly vets? The only untouchable player for me is Ingram.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    IF he does come he won't be coming by himself. The question for me is which of our young core will be traded to bring in LBJ-friendly vets? The only untouchable player for me is Ingram.
    I agree but folks (Lakers front-office/media) love Kuzma for some reason ...I think he is the most outgoing ... but I prefer the hooper, Ingram.
    I respect how hard Kuz has worked to get where he is now ...and Lonzo again is the enigma.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Guess we will know soon when he opts in or out

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he already knows that PG is going there so not a real gamble

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he already knows that PG is going there so not a real gamble
    yeah, that’s why i said magic is an over glorified recruiter and was brought in specifically to do “1” job and if he can’t lock PG or Lebron, it would be a huge embarrassment considering his reputation around the league.

given the situation, it’s a steph curry at the free throw line moment. the odds of missing it is unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree but folks (Lakers front-office/media) love Kuzma for some reason ...I think he is the most outgoing ... but I prefer the hooper, Ingram.
    I respect how hard Kuz has worked to get where he is now ...and Lonzo again is the enigma.
    Kuzma is the most overrated player since Clarkson.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kuzma is the most overrated player since Clarkson.
    Way better than Clarkson and its not close...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Way better than Clarkson and its not close...
    yeah, even at his best, clarkson’s efficiency was his achilles heel. i thought he’d at least improve his decision making skills but that kid is just plain dumb when it comes to running plays.

i think eventually what led to clarkson’s demise was that the LA lifestyle got to him. he stopped working on his game.

kuzma takes so much pride in being a basketball player. he’s a gym rat. he’s pretty smart and effective as it is, just imagine if he consistently works on his flaws. in all honesty, his work ethic and game fits the spurs model.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I want McBuckets in LA on the cheap

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Spurs WILLINGNESS to engage...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

I want McBuckets in LA on the cheap
    Spurtacular probably wants the Spurs to give him a max contract.

Thread Information