Page 74 of 162 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 4042
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    kLAvenger?

Freudian slip of the tongue by the Big Guy?

If the Lakers did pry Klay from the Dubs - their dynasty is over. I'd take Bron, AD and Klay over them any day.

Gonna be an interesting free agency this year. Bron was the 1st domino. Then AD. Who's really next? Stay tuned. All eyes on LA, per the usual.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I warned you about CP3 too, lol
    Yeah. But the Rockets have their draft picks for the next 7 years though lol Lakers not so much

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah. But the Rockets have their draft picks for the next 7 years though lol Lakers not so much
    they gave up three first rounders ...
    and dont speak so soon how you gonna acquire Jimmy buckets or jettison Cp3 without including picks?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    they gave up three first rounders ...
    and dont speak so soon how you gonna acquire Jimmy buckets or jettison Cp3 without including picks?
    And the ability for the Pelicans to swap picks for those other years. And that’s my main point on why having picks is important. If you don’t then of course it’s hard to move contracts.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be surprised if they get another max slot - and Kiwi blinks - they'll give it to KD despite him being out for the year.
    Max cap slot for Durant would be nearly $38 million. For Leonard, Irving, Thompson, Butler, Cousins it would be $32 million, but Durant has like 12 years in the league now so can sign for more.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And the ability for the Pelicans to swap picks for those other years. And that’s my main point on why having picks is important. If you don’t then of course it’s hard to move contracts.
    I would love Jimmy on the Rockets. You think CP0 didn't like Har_en? J in mmy would try to strangle him in the team huddle Do it Daryl!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love Jimmy on the Rockets. You think CP0 didn't like Har_en? J in mmy would try to strangle him in the team huddle Do it Daryl!
    Bend over. I'll make you love Jimmy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll make you love Jimmy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's a long shot, but I'm on record right now as saying I want D'Lo to return. Obviously I would want Kyrie 1st but I doubt he'd want to play with LBJ again (ego).

Russell is 23 so his max is cheaper. He has millions of Laker fans still. AD is 26. They could do damage long after Bron is gone and/or TOSB.

Big hurdle: his agent hates the Lakers. SMH

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But...I read somewhere that 90% of Kemba's shots are UNASSISTED. That's huge for a scoring "PG" playing with Bron. Imagine how effective he'd be playing 3rd fiddle with Bron/Brow.

He did all that damage in Charlotte

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pat Bev. I'd settle for him too. 38% career 3pt shooter and lock down defense. Would $10M be enough? He don't need the ball either and he's still a lockdown defender.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I ain't sweating us not having a bench. Need to build the nucleus first. Preferably Bron/Brow/3rd max. Sure the Dubs are down now, but they won't be next year. Bucks will be stronger. If Kawhi stays, the Raps might repeat. If Har_en and CP0 bury the hatchet they a threat too. Utah gonna be nice this year as well.

The only way to truly maximize Bron's remaining prime is with a 3rd star.

I hope Pelinka goes for it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But...I read somewhere that 90% of Kemba's shots are UNASSISTED. That's huge for a scoring "PG" playing with Bron. Imagine how effective he'd be playing 3rd fiddle with Bron/Brow.

He did all that damage in Charlotte
    He'd probably sacrifice a ton like Bosh or Kevin Love did with LeBron. What the Lakers could really use to complement James + Davis is a shooter like Beal or Klay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow this looks straight from Shoplyfter. Great series BTW, check that out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He'd probably sacrifice a ton like Bosh or Kevin Love did with LeBron. What the Lakers could really use to complement James + Davis is a shooter like Beal or Klay.
    Would love either tbh. But seems more pipe than anything. I would settle for JJ too, if they don't go for a 3rd max and parcel out the remaining cap space to 2nd/3rd tier players to fill out their bench. But would he leave The Process and go west? I don't know Philly's cap situation tho.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow this looks straight from Shoplyfter. Great series BTW, check that out.
    Netflix?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I think TeamSkeet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I think TeamSkeet.
    +2

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Swaps are no big deal ... nola will be a decent team unless Zion busts as will we ...
    Three firsts and are supposed trash young core is to much for a superstar?
    if harden had shown as much as he has with rox he would have costed you guys a similar price.

Kawhi or Pau type fleecings only happen once a decade or so ...

BTW ...
    Let’s say L.A. gives up its picks in 2022 and 2024. It would still have first-round selections in 2020, 2021, 2023 and 2025—four of the next six years. (per SI) The stepien rule means we keep our pick every other year

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Swaps are no big deal ... nola will be a decent team unless Zion busts as will we ...
    Three firsts and are supposed trash young core is to much for a superstar?
    if harden had shown as much as he has with rox he would have costed you guys a similar price.

Kawhi or Pau type fleecings only happen once a decade or so ...

BTW ...
    Let’s say L.A. gives up its picks in 2022 and 2024. It would still have first-round selections in 2020, 2021, 2023 and 2025—four of the next six years. (per SI) The stepien rule means we keep our pick every other year

This is what the East Coast biased media won't talk about and it's huge. Short of a major injury, the Pels will be drafting late 20s from the picks they got from LA. Unless those drafts are loaded (we don't know yet) the picks we gave up ain't .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, I think TeamSkeet.
    Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [/B]
    This is what the East Coast biased media won't talk about and it's huge. Short of a major injury, the Pels will be drafting late 20s from the picks they got from LA. Unless those drafts are loaded (we don't know yet) the picks we gave up ain't .
    The issue isn’t what the pels got, it’s what the lakers lost.

The pels were never going to get anything close to equal for unibrow. Not after he demanded to be traded to the lakers and only the lakers, and especially not after the league stepped in to force the pels to do so.

The pels actually has a few assets. I’m not sure what they can do with the lakers trash but that fourth pick turned into something quite nice. With Zion they are looking at a 30-win team which would land them a fifth to tenth pick in next years draft. They can then trade some of the future lakers picks for some mid level talent to round out a roster that could be a 45-win team in 2021 2022. Sign a few free agents and they are looking at a low level contender by the time Zion is entering his prime.

Lakers on the other hand has no clear future. The plan is always hitting for homeruns and there are few options. Lebron is clearly past his prime and shown for the first time in a decade and a half he can’t just will his team to the playoffs. He’s just getting older by the day and will get worse. Unibrow has trouble even getting to the playoffs.

Perhaps the lakers are looking at a redux or MVPau and Kobe by putting two superstars who can’t get it don’t on their own together and making it a le contender. However, the MVPau lakers have some good pieces before MVPau. Odom just got thrown under the bus by kobestans to make kobe look a lot better than he is. It’s just that a near prime Kobe wasn’t even close to as good as a past prime Lebron and couldn’t get the team to the playoffs. Second, MVPau consistently got his team to the playoffs where as unibrow couldn’t. Third the MVPau lakers had picks. The Lebron lakers don’t. The mid level picks are used to fill in the gaps and get a couple of guys who can give you 10-15 minutes a night, or if you are really lucky, a starter or a sixth man type. As of now, the lakers have no one on their roster and no picks for years. They either pray that Lebron and unibrow will hit it out of the park, not get any injuries, and they can get a nice fa to sign with them or their future for the next six years is toast.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The issue isn’t what the pels got, it’s what the lakers lost.

The pels were never going to get anything close to equal for unibrow. Not after he demanded to be traded to the lakers and only the lakers, and especially not after the league stepped in to force the pels to do so.

The pels actually has a few assets. I’m not sure what they can do with the lakers trash but that fourth pick turned into something quite nice. With Zion they are looking at a 30-win team which would land them a fifth to tenth pick in next years draft. They can then trade some of the future lakers picks for some mid level talent to round out a roster that could be a 45-win team in 2021 2022. Sign a few free agents and they are looking at a low level contender by the time Zion is entering his prime.

Lakers on the other hand has no clear future. The plan is always hitting for homeruns and there are few options. Lebron is clearly past his prime and shown for the first time in a decade and a half he can’t just will his team to the playoffs. He’s just getting older by the day and will get worse. Unibrow has trouble even getting to the playoffs.

Perhaps the lakers are looking at a redux or MVPau and Kobe by putting two superstars who can’t get it don’t on their own together and making it a le contender. However, the MVPau lakers have some good pieces before MVPau. Odom just got thrown under the bus by kobestans to make kobe look a lot better than he is. It’s just that a near prime Kobe wasn’t even close to as good as a past prime Lebron and couldn’t get the team to the playoffs. Second, MVPau consistently got his team to the playoffs where as unibrow couldn’t. Third the MVPau lakers had picks. The Lebron lakers don’t. The mid level picks are used to fill in the gaps and get a couple of guys who can give you 10-15 minutes a night, or if you are really lucky, a starter or a sixth man type. As of now, the lakers have no one on their roster and no picks for years. They either pray that Lebron and unibrow will hit it out of the park, not get any injuries, and they can get a nice fa to sign with them or their future for the next six years is toast.
    What the are you talking about?
    Lakers have their own picks the next four out of six years partly due to Stepien rule and partly due to protections...
    I agree it's not as much as a sure thing as when Achilles and Pau were paired... But I don't regret the move... I preferred to keep Ingram but cost and fit dictated BI had to go for matching salary as well. I'm not sure how the we fill the rest of the roster but in the end even if Bron us done competing at a championship level I have no problem with going all in for AD...

Thread Information