Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand how nobody around him saw the blatant red flags of the Lakers' atrocious front office and ownership. I get that he doesn't care anymore, but , riding on Simmons and Embiid's coattails would be much better for his brand right now than this disaster.
    And Philly is a hyped market right now. Eagles Superbowl, Bryce Harper (broke the Fanatics record for the best selling jersey debut in history, of any sport), and "the process." In retrospect, the Sixers would've been a lot better for his brand. He could easily just live in LA during the off-season to tend his "media empire" or whatever.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers were 4th in the west before injuries and the AD fiasco broke them.

But i do agree that the FO made a poor job building the roster and the Zubac trade brought nothing to the table.

I just hope they don't trade BI in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers were 4th in the west before injuries and the AD fiasco broke them.

But i do agree that the FO made a poor job building the roster and the Zubac trade brought nothing to the table.

I just hope they don't trade BI in the offseason.
    Their schedule was really weak and there were like 6 teams within 1 or 2 games of them, if I recall. It was a bit of a fool's gold standing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Their schedule was really weak and there were like 6 teams within 1 or 2 games of them, if I recall. It was a bit of a fool's gold standing.
    Well, that kinda proves my point that the team is mentally broken. Even if the schedule was weak, they were at least capable of beating bad teams back then but not anymore.

Lakers have losses to the suns and grizzlies just in the last 10 days. Teams the Lakers were blowing out on the road earlier this season.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 03-05-2019 at 02:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew the Lakers weren't going to be good, but I never expected them to miss the playoffs. How the do you miss the playoffs with Lebron on your roster?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Should have signed a 1+1 deal with either Rockets/Philly for couple of legit shots at another ring and then he could bolt to LA for Space Jam 2...

Yeah, this is what I found so odd about the move to L.A. too... Why go to a rebuilding team at age 34 and waste a season? He has his whole life ahead of him to build a media empire. The Philly situation seemed tailor-made for him: he'd stay in the East and join a superteam to rival the opposite coast Warriors, and be able to rest more during the season while Embiid and Simmons carried the weight of the minutes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will set the Lakers back for years, too. Kobe all over again. A major star who is declining, mediocre talent around him that cannot improve because of his playing style. The roster cannot improve because they don't quite suck enough. If they whiff on FAs, he'll struggle to make the playoffs again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew the Lakers weren't going to be good, but I never expected them to miss the playoffs. How the do you miss the playoffs with Lebron on your roster?
    This is the mother ing West that's how.

This will set the Lakers back for years, too. Kobe all over again. A major star who is declining, mediocre talent around him that cannot improve because of his playing style. The roster cannot improve because they don't quite suck enough. If they whiff on FAs, he'll struggle to make the playoffs again.
    Trade the mother er, some desperate rich guy will gut his team to get that Lebron stan money.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Combination of LeBron getting old, lazy, and cunty and the Lakers not having one other worthwhile player on the entire roster. How can Davis look at that dumpster fire and think yeah that's where I want to play the second half of my career?
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-05-2019 at 11:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Combination of LeBron getting old, lazy, and cunty and the Lakers not having one other worthwhile player on the entire roster. How can Davis look at that dumpster fire and think yeah that's where I want to play the second half of my career?
    Easy guess is Davis doesn't give a about winning, much, either. I don't think he does, although making the playoffs would be nice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers should be better next year, tbh..the West isn't very good, they aren't that far from being a 2 seed if they make the correct moves..

A rested LeBron, a lottery pick and if their front office is even somewhat competent, they should have an idea on how to mask LeBron's flaws at this point of his career..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    if they make the correct moves..

if their front office is even somewhat competent
    And then you realize that Mgic is their GM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers should be better next year, tbh..the West isn't very good, they aren't that far from being a 2 seed if they make the correct moves..

A rested LeBron, a lottery pick and if their front office is even somewhat competent, they should have an idea on how to mask LeBron's flaws at this point of his career..

This entire video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This entire video
    "This team is built for the playoffs" lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo my sides

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Well I guess that would explain why they aren’t winning enough regular season games to get to the playoffs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a bad look for Lebron when he is left begging for other superstars to come and join him in the summer after he failed to make the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice how Magic is reading off of notes.
    Not the only NBA interviewee to do this by far.
    Just a huge LOL by Disney/ABC/Fake NBA productions.

BTW when the was this interview.
    I will say Lonzo getting injured did hurt them. A ton? Oh no but he is a good passer, rebounder and ok defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a bad look for Lebron when he is left begging for other superstars to come and join him in the summer after he failed to make the playoffs.
    Naw I think modern day NBA player has next to no scruples whatsoever. If some cash can be gotten to X stars way, they can still make it happen. With all the rigged reffing, collusion signings (Durbetta quitting on OKC in playoffs knowing he would become a Gay Area Boi), I'm sure some deal with a star can be made. Above or below the table.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't lose to -tier teams in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Make your case that the West is not very good.

How would you mask Lebron not playing defense for long streches?

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron looks like Clayton Kershaw tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he joins the Lakers he will not be winning next season and I see it very unlikely that he wins the following one. And after those two years he will be past his prime, which means he will probably not win in LA ever. Which, consequently, would also mean that he will have to live forever on Kobe's shadow.

Just too much to lose and very little to gain, tbh.

Should have just gone to the Clippers, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    James piling up the L's

What is this dumb . Ofcourse CBS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James piling up the L's

What is this dumb . Ofcourse CBS
    Let me guess...

They taped it on the east Coast so the odds are better for Lebron...

Thread Information