My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what is a mild fine
    100 200 5000?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have only been doing this vastly expanded policy for a month or so.

This is going to be a humanitarian disaster, and the longer it continues, the greater the chance that some child will die in one of these centers, and the greater the chance that will be due to negligence of some sort on the part of overwhelmed caregivers.

I am deeply ashamed of my country for this. It is evil. Period.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...213026379.html
    How many are you going to house with you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a bit sad to see that you are so blinded by hate, you can't even call evil when you see it. I feel sorry for you. The world would be better if you could tell right from wrong.
    It is wrong for them to come here and claim asylum when 80 percent do not qualify costing money
    Court time judges housing and food

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a bit sad to see that you are so blinded by hate, you can't even call evil when you see it. I feel sorry for you. The world would be better if you could tell right from wrong.

You're not a fan of accountability, at all and that doesn't equate to being of higher moral fiber.

Endangered children being forced to illegally cross the border should be taken away from their stupid parents.
    Done and done. The parents risk their children's well being by breaking the law (and all the associated risk) and you think the offenders shouldn't have to face the loss part of the risk equation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is dragging children away from their parents and keeping them in cages to punish their parents evil?
    What repercussions for breaking the law aren't "evil"?
    A mild fine, for a mild crime would be "not evil", especially a fine that is a punishment leveled on the person who actually committed the crime.

Now, your turn.

Is dragging children away from their parents and keeping them in cages to punish their parents evil?
    So they separate the kids from their locked up parents to punish them? What are they supposed to do? Throw the kids in the clink with them?
    Not really too inclined to keep answering your questions, if the courtesy is not returned. I thought my question was pretty straightforward. Even so, yes, that is the stated intent, to punish parents for breaking the law. Yes, keep the family together. That is the moral thing go do. Even if you don't care what is moral, it simply costs us less than paying caregivers to step in for the parents.

Let's add a bit of information in that separating children from parents and keeping them separate is known to cause lasting psychological harm to children, especially young ones.

So:

Is it evil to drag a blind, crying six year old boy from his mother, in order to punish them both for the crime of crossing a border?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids die all the time in the USA

Kids die all the time
    The people coming here they say is because they are scared they feel they will die there

USA does not have to take care of the world!
    I feel bad for those countries but if we keep it up we could easily be a third world country

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I’m not saying I don’t feel for these kids, their situation sucks. But if this deters illegal immigration, then at least there’s something good coming out of it. Too many people go missing and/or die trying to illegally cross the border. any parent who would willingly risk their child’s life by taking that path.

I’m all for legal immigration, I’m all for allowing refugees, I’m all for relaxing current immigration laws to let more people in. I think people who are already here illegally should be given a path to legal status without risk of deportation, if they go through the proper channels. But there absolutely should be a zero tolerance policy towards illegal immigration from now on, which protects the migrants more than anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many are you going to house with you?
    More failed moral reasoning from someone not quite smart enough to understand the failure. I can explain it to you, again, but I can't understand it for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking children from their native country and forcing them to come to the USA is not psychologically challenging ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More failed moral reasoning from someone not quite smart enough to understand the failure. I can explain it to you, again, but I can't understand it for you.
    the poor kids
    muh beer money

Your explanations seem to come with copious amounts of hyperbole accompanied by misleading imagery. If you have a real point you'd not need to be so dishonest about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids die trying to cross the boarder illegally all the time
    They lie it is only a few miles not that hot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not a fan of accountability, at all and that doesn't equate to being of higher moral fiber. .
    I do think accountability is a good thing. It is the only thing that makes human societies work. Good morals comes from doing the right thing when no one is looking, IMO. Not sure what you are getting at here, other than deflect from my main point.

Not really a sign of someone who knows they are standing on firm rhetorical ground.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the poor kids
    muh beer money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your explanations seem to come with copious amounts of hyperbole accompanied by misleading imagery. If you have a real point you'd not need to be so dishonest about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I find a kid injured I call for help but i do not take them home and feed them
    It is called kidnapping

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I find a kid injured I call for help but i do not take them home and feed them
    It is called kidnapping
    so much better to leave them in a cage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think accountability is a good thing. It is the only thing that makes human societies work. Good morals comes from doing the right thing when no one is looking, IMO. Not sure what you are getting at here, other than deflect from my main point.

Not really a sign of someone who knows they are standing on firm rhetorical ground.
    Good morals comes from doing instead of saying. People who are concerned based on moral principles should have the wherewithal to act on it. If you don't, if you see yourself as some arbiter of morality without agency to act, then you're part of the problem. The civilized world has enough idle opinions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the kids their dad has when patrolling the country and the illegal shot the agent.
    What about those kids psychology ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the poor kids
    muh beer money

When you don't have any decent arguments, this is what you do. Fall back on personal attacks, as if that means your position is somehow not inferior.

I accept your white flag.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orange .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really too inclined to keep answering your questions, if the courtesy is not returned. I thought my question was pretty straightforward. Even so, yes, that is the stated intent, to punish parents for breaking the law. Yes, keep the family together. That is the moral thing go do. Even if you don't care what is moral, it simply costs us less than paying caregivers to step in for the parents.

Let's add a bit of information in that separating children from parents and keeping them separate is known to cause lasting psychological harm to children, especially young ones.

So:

Is it evil to drag a blind, crying six year old boy from his mother, in order to punish them both for the crime of crossing a border?

See, here's the thing. Morality is, at least the non-obvious, decency issues, subjective. You're stating that your "take" on the issue is the definitive judgement on it and you're not any authority to say.

I don't think it "evil". It would only be evil if it was permanent and reunion with the family isn't being halted although the reunion location isn't where you would like it to be, which would be the reason they were separated in the first place.

I think it sucks, but it's the result of what happens when you do something wrong/illegal. It's cause and effect and it's the parents' fault the kids are taken away since they choose to put their kids in jeopardy.

You deny any self-accountability on these offenders and then find the end result to be "evil". You can feel how you wish, but the way you describe the penalty is just that- your description. But you personally judging it that way doesn't make it evil and doesn't make anyone less humane for agreeing with the end result and doesn't make you a person of higher moral fiber just because you see something that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RandomGuy is it immoral not to put your money where your mouth is?
    why not give them money to help them.
    again the usa can not help everyone. Kids suffer all the time from parents choices even the legal parents here in the states.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only the US stopped giving trillion dollar tax cuts to the super rich. How much welfare do THEY need?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only the US stopped giving trillion dollar tax cuts to the super rich. How much welfare do THEY need?
    so you think the rich should pay for the illegals children and parents so they do not have to work and be with them

if you can not afford kids do not have sex and not get kids!
    if where you live in the third world that be a kid would be bad DO NOT PRODUCE KIDS
    IF your spouce is bad and you think your kids would suffer DO NOT PRODUCE KIDS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, here's the thing. Morality is, at least the non-obvious, decency issues, subjective. You're stating that your "take" on the issue is the definitive judgement on it and you're not any authority to say.

I don't think it "evil". It would only be evil if it was permanent and reunion with the family isn't being halted although the reunion location isn't where you would like it to be, which would be the reason they were separated in the first place.

I think it sucks, but it's the result of what happens when you do something wrong/illegal. It's cause and effect and it's the parents' fault the kids are taken away since they choose to put their kids in jeopardy.

You deny any self-accountability on these offenders and then find the end result to be "evil". You can feel how you wish, but the way you describe the penalty is just that- your description. But you personally judging it that way doesn't make it evil and doesn't make anyone less humane for agreeing with the end result and doesn't make you a person of higher moral fiber just because you see something that way.
    That was a good, thoughtful response. Thank you. I have a lot to get done today, and need to get back to it. This deserves a response, and I will bookmark it and try to get back to it in the next few days.

Thread Information