Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1653
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Claims He Didn’t Push Republicans to Vote for Immigration Bill Despite All-Caps Tweet Saying Just That

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I never pushed the Republicans in the House to vote for the Immigration Bill, either GOODLATTE 1 or 2, because it could never have gotten enough Democrats as long as there is the 60 vote threshold. I released many prior to the vote knowing we need more Republicans to win in Nov.

2:17 PM - Jun 30, 2018

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

HOUSE REPUBLICANS SHOULD PASS THE STRONG BUT FAIR IMMIGRATION BILL, KNOWN AS GOODLATTE II, IN THEIR AFTERNOON VOTE TODAY, EVEN THOUGH THE DEMS WON’T LET IT PASS IN THE SENATE. PASSAGE WILL SHOW THAT WE WANT STRONG BORDERS & SECURITY WHILE THE DEMS WANT OPEN BORDERS = CRIME. WIN!

7:39 AM - Jun 27, 2018

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-claims-he-didnt-push-republicans-to-vote-for-immigration-bill-despite-all-caps-tweet-saying-just-that/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash LIES

The Trump administration says it's a 'myth' that families that ask for asylum at ports of entry are separated. It happens frequently, records show

A woman named Mirian and her

18-month-old son

reached Brownsville, Texas, early this year after fleeing Honduras, where the military had teargassed their home. She made her way to a port of entry and asked for asylum, according to court records.

Mirian had her identification, her son’s birth certificate, which listed her as his mother, his hospital birth record and his vaccination records.

Border officers took the records, then told her they would be taking her boy, she said in a sworn court declaration. They walked her out to a government car, told her to put him in a car seat and closed the door.

It was three months before they were reunited.

Administration officials have said repeatedly that asylum seekers who don’t want to be separated from their children should present themselves at a port of entry. Doing so is the legal way to ask for asylum,

court filings describe numerous cases in recent months in which families were separated after presenting themselves at a port of entry to ask for asylum.

This happened even when

asylum seekers carried records, such as birth certificates or hospital do ents, listing them as the parents of their children,

according to interviews and court records.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...s=mcnewsletter

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-02-2018 at 07:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Border Patrol Arrests Drop Sharply in June

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Border Patrol Arrests Drop Sharply in June
    ICE not doing their job?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anonymous officer sauces
    Three whole words. Don't strain yourself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge rules Trump administration can't arbitrarily detain asylum seekers

President Donald Trump’s administration’s practice of indefinitely detaining some asylum seekers can’t proceed, a federal district judge has ruled.

A federal district judge has ruled President Donald Trump’s administration’s practice of

indefinitely detaining some asylum seekers can’t proceed,

dealing a major blow to what immigration attorneys have said is one of the administration’s tools to deter people from seeking safe haven in this country.

The lawsuit was
    filed in March by the American Civil Liberties Union and named as a defendant the El Paso Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) field office.

Other field offices named in the lawsuit include Detroit, Los Angeles, Newark and Philadelphia. The El Paso office covers West Texas and New Mexico.

The ACLU alleged in the lawsuit that the plaintiffs passed their initial "credible fear" exams – the first step in the asylum process to determine if an applicant has a legitimate case.

But despite having sponsors willing to provide housing in the United States, the federal government has continued to hold them instead of granting them parole.

“Today’s decision will have an enormous impact on asylum seekers, who pose no risk, and are currently languishing in detention.

It is a rejection of the Trump administration’s blanket policy of denying parole to those seeking protection in this country,” said Human Rights First Legal Director Hardy Vieux.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07...asylum-seeker/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honduras' first lady urges migrants to stay home -- for the safety of their children

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are Democrats Up to the Task of Combating Trump’s Wanton Cruelty?

While the administration forces families to pay a fortune to take custody of detained minors, party leaders tone-police their lefty colleagues and seem unready for the battle ahead.

the family members of detained minors—the aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents who are willing to take these children out of child concentration camps, if their parents aren’t available—are being

forced to pay for their young relatives’ travel to their new homes.

The New York Times had a devastating story about it on Sunday.

These mostly low-wage workers, some of them undo ented themselves, are

having to come up with thousands of dollars to get the children they’ve agreed to take in.

As it happens, there is a federal regulation that asks families to pay this fee. But, facing a crisis of minors at the border, the Obama administration waived it.

It turns out the Trump administration actually likes some regulations: the ones that are cruel to the vulnerable.

So it is enforcing this one—even though it may cost the government more money, by delaying the transfer of kids to their families.

“The human cost incurred aside, the financial cost for the government is significant,” the head of refugee resettlement under the Obama administration told the Times. “One day of care could cover transportation costs.”

Take that in: The humanitarian choice is also the fiscally responsible one.

The Trump administration is choosing to spend extra money

to be extra-punishing to these already traumatized children and their families.

Your tax dollars at work, indeed.

Every day there is an abomination that makes you take in, at a deeper level, this administration’s cruelty.

https://www.thenation.com/article/de...anton-cruelty/

================

Sponsors of Migrant Children Face Steep Transport Fees and Red Tape

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/u...-families.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Contractors Housing Migrant Children Are Familiar to Trump’s Inner Circle

The president’s education secretary provided funding to one of the groups. His defense secretary sat on the board of another. Mr. Trump’s own inauguration fund collected $500,000 from two private prison companies housing detained migrant families. And some of the contractors employ prominent Republican lobbyists with ties to Mr. Trump and his administration, including someone who once lobbied for his family business.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/04/u...ributions.html
    WHOOPS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump administration ups its estimate of children separated from their parents to 3,000; about 100 are toddlers

none of the families had yet been reunited.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...s=mcnewsletter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal judge denies Trump administration effort to block California's 'sanctuary' law

A federal judge refused Thursday to block California from restricting local law enforcement cooperation with immigration agents,

an early legal victory for the state’s “sanctuary” law that drew caustic but predictable reactions from both sides.

U.S. District Judge John A. Mendez, in rejecting the position of the Trump administration that California’s law is an attempt to stymie immigration enforcement, wrote that

“refusing to help is not the same as impeding.”

“Standing aside does not equate to standing in the way,”

Mendez wrote.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-sanctuary-law-ruling-20180705-story.html#nws=mcnewsletter

Mendez is a dubya judge

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s ICE just made its most dangerous move yet with stunning purchase

the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is now getting a military makeover

it’s important to note that

ICE is being grown, increased, resupplied and militarized as never before

, as if Trump wants to ramp up for to some terrible new conflict, or the next Civil War.

“Sounds like they’re getting ready for war,”

a retired ICE agent, Rob Uribe Álvarez, told The Young Turks.

ICE is, according to The Young Turks

“quietly training its deportation officers in the use of weapons more familiar to the U.S. military than to domestic law enforcement, federal records show.

Once just a border agent, today ICE can be found on highways miles from the border checking iden ies, at airports or be serving at one of the mushrooming numbers of mass detention centers that already hold not 2,000 but close to 10,000 children taken from their parents or accompanying adult.

“The agency’s Enforcement and Removal Officers are being trained in the use of

M4 assault rifles,

chemical agents,

stun grenades, and

flashbangs,

according to federal procurement records reviewed by TYT.”

“The M4 assault rifle is used extensively by the armed forces and has been the primary service weapon for the U.S. Marine Corps.”

ICE recently signed a $15 million dollar contract with Colt to provide 8,000 more guns and maintain the weapons.

Today,

ICE has 5,000 M4 rifles in service and

with the 8,000 more M4’s, under federal procurement procedures,

they will have 13,000 of the powerful weapons that cost almost $1,000 each.

it is far more than is needed to herd unarmed immigrants, or even handle the occasional incident.

The former DHS employee added that

“Most immigration violations are not a violation of federal law, they’re just misdemeanors.”

Turning those officers into soldiers in the war on terrorism, crime and whatever else gets budget appropriations passed, makes them much scarier, fearsome figures,

resident Obama said,

“We’ve seen how militarized gear can sometimes give people the feeling like there’s an occupying force –

as opposed to a force that’s part of the community that’s protecting them and serving them.”

The president added that such gear

“can alienate and intimidate residents and make them feel scared.”

An “occupying force” that instills fear in the local citizenry sounds like

a formula for an authoritarian regime that would tell us how they needed to protect us by taking away our cons utional rights –

until we figure out we may need to be protected from them.

https://washingtonpress.com/2018/07/...ning-purchase/

America is ed and un able, and it's just not by Trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man with history of sex crimes working at Kansas shelter for unaccompanied migrant children

"I’m not going to go searching for Jeff’s background," the shelter's lead case manager said.

https://thinkprogress.org/man-with-h...-695a7e780d8c/

Trash/JeBo/Miller's child isolation tactic is a pedophile's feast, and sex traffickers are drooling over the cornucopia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize 80 percent of almusy cases are fraud and they get to get the out of the great USA with President Trump
    “(My son) is not the same since we were reunited. I thought that, because he is so young he would not be traumatized by this experience, but he does not separate from me. He cries when he does not see me. That behavior is not normal. In El Salvador he would stay with his dad or my sister and not cry. Now he cries for fear of being alone.”

— Olivia Caceres was separated from her 1-year-old son in November at a legal point of entry. The boy’s father, who was seeking asylum, remains detained, Caceres said. It took three months for Caceres to get her son back from government custody. According to her testimony, she said that after reuniting with her toddler, “he continued to cry when we got home and would hold on to my leg and would not let me go. When I took off his clothes he was full of dirt and lice. It seemed like they had not bathed him the 85 days he was away from us.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...ily-separation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many are you going to house with you?
    “They told me to sign a consent form to take my daughter, but that it did not matter whether or not I signed, because they were going to take her either way.”

— Angelica Rebeca Gonzalez-Garcia was apprehended and separated from her 7-year-old daughter in May. She hasn’t seen her since. She said officers at the border told her she would never see her daughter again, and that she had “‘endangered’ her by bringing her here,” she wrote. “I cannot express the pain and fear I felt at that point,” she wrote. Gonzalez-Garcia said she has spoken by phone to her daughter, who is currently in a shelter and said that she had been hit by a boy, was bruised and had gotten sick there.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 07-06-2018 at 01:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The father of this little girl, who lives in Honduras:

You can imagine how I felt when I saw that photo of my daughter. It broke my heart. It’s difficult as a father to see that, but I know now that they are not in danger. They are safer now than when they were making that journey to the border,’ he said.

Denis said his wife and daughter were never separated by border control agents and remain together.
    “For eight days I was held in a small room with over 60 men. We called it The Freezer because the air conditioning was so strong that we felt like ice. The men got sick inside and we had to sleep, use the toilet, and pass the time all in the same tiny room.”

— “L. Doe,” the father to a 5-year-old son and 1.5-year-old daughter, wrote that he and his family presented themselves at a port of entry to apply for asylum. They were separated immediately. He remains in detention. “My thoughts run in circles, and I feel as though I am going to lose my mind. I need to see my family and take care of them.”

Last edited by RandomGuy; 07-06-2018 at 01:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes the mask accidentally slips off

Oops.
    “[The children] did not have shoes or blankets in the detention center, and there were people in the cells that had to sleep standing up. They did not have enough to eat either, and could not drink the water, because of the chlorine they added to it … the incarcerated children were insulted – called named such as “animals” and “donkeys.”

— Ludin Jimenez said she was separated from her children, age 9 and 17, when she crossed the border in May seeking asylum. The family was reunited June 28 in Boston. She wrote that she was kept in a cell with nearly 50 other mothers. “The officers told them that they could not eat because they were asking about their children. There was a pregnant woman who fainted from hunger.”

According to her statement, Jimenez was not allowed “to bathe or brush her teeth for the eight days that she spent in the ‘dog pound.’”

“There was an immigration officer who was a good person. He said that he understood what was going on, but could not help. He brought them cookies, since he knew they did not get enough to eat.”

I'm sure you find this funny too.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 07-06-2018 at 01:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas ranks 38th in cost of living so that 36th in education spending is proportionally correct.
    “I am worried about M.’s mental health when he learns that we have to start the process again and that he is not going to be released soon.”

— Francisco Serrano, a Washington, D.C., resident whose niece Maria crossed the U.S. border at San Ysidro in Southern California with her two children, age 2 and 7, as part of a caravan. A week later, a shelter called Serrano, informing him that Maria was going to separated from her children, and that she had asked for Serrano to be a sponsor. Serrano describes trying to become an approved sponsor as a process marked by complications and insufficient communication. In June, he said a social worker told him he would have to restart the sponsorship process again “because the rules changed.” Maria is on her way to Washington, D.C., but the boys are still in custody.

The 7-year-old, identified in the declaration as “M.”, “asked me why I had not picked him up yet,” Serrano wrote. “The social worker told me that [he] is depressed and asked me for words of encouragement to cheer him up.”

To sin by silence, when we should protest, Makes cowards out of men.
    -Ella Wheeler Wilcox

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “They told me to sign a consent form to take my daughter, but that it did not matter whether or not I signed, because they were going to take her either way.”

— Angelica Rebeca Gonzalez-Garcia was apprehended and separated from her 7-year-old daughter in May. She hasn’t seen her since. She said officers at the border told her she would never see her daughter again, and that she had “‘endangered’ her by bringing her here,” she wrote. “I cannot express the pain and fear I felt at that point,” she wrote. Gonzalez-Garcia said she has spoken by phone to her daughter, who is currently in a shelter and said that she had been hit by a boy, was bruised and had gotten sick there.

Way to dodge the question. I'll take that as "zero"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nearly Two-Thirds of Americans Think Immigrants Strengthen the Country

60 percent

more than 60 percent of the U.S. public indicated that immigrants strengthen our country in December of 2016 and in March, May, and July of 2017.

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2018/07...n-the-country/

And serious people KNOW that Trash, his mafiya, Repugs, the oligarchy, and their voters, supporters WEAKEN the country, and that's YOU, TOO, ST rightwingnutjobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they also knew trump would make a better president then HILLARY RODAM CLINTON

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Last year, Mar-a-Lago was granted permission to hire 70 foreign workers to serve as maids, cooks and servers during the 2017-2018 tourist season.
    Chris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pavlov: "But DRUMPF!"

Pavlov

Thread Information