Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1653
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Hundreds of migrant children held in Texas without proper food, water or medical attention

Lawyers told the Associated Press that a group of 250 children were living in dangerous and unsanitary conditions at a migrant detention facility outside of El Paso.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/20/migrant-children-texas-without-proper-food-water-or-medical-attention/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's good because it also happened under Obama?

CROFL Trumpistas
    hilariously stupid both-sides-ism is all they've got

similar to "our guy may be bad, but your guy is just as bad."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hilariously stupid both-sides-ism is all they've got

similar to "our guy may be bad, but your guy is just as bad."
    and all you got is open borders and let them all mooch off of us. i'd say ship loons like you out and let an illegal take your place tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both sides-ism

side 1: Trash is abusing the immigrants,

side 2: MX and Northern Triangle also abused them

so what's the problem?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Obama Administration Separate Families?

“Bush and Obama did not have policies that resulted in the mass separation of parents and children

like we’re seeing under the current administration,”
    Sarah Pierce, a policy analyst with the Migration Policy Ins ute

Jeh Johnson, DHS secretary under the Obama administration, told NPR earlier this month that he couldn’t say that family separations “never happened” during his tenure.

“T
    here may have been some exigent situation, some emergency. There may have been some doubt about whether the adult accompanying the child was in fact the parent of the child.

I can’t say it never happened but not as a matter of policy or practice. It’s not something that I could ask our Border Patrol or our immigration enforcement personnel to do,”

a multi-agency team was considering “every possible idea” at the time, including separating families.

“I do remember looking at each other like, ‘We’re not going to do this, are we?’ We spent five minutes thinking it through and concluded that it was a bad idea,” the Times quoted Muñoz saying.

“The morality of it was clear — that’s not who we are.”

Brown told us that while the Obama administration “did separate some families,” it also tried to detain families together.

In 2016, a court ruling limited how long children with their parents could be in family detention centers.

That ruling confirmed that a 1997 settlement applied to both unaccompanied and accompanied minors, as we’ve explained before.

“At that point,” Brown said, “family detention dwindled and most families were released into the US,

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/di...rate-families/

Trash separated 1000s of kids from "criminal" parents whose "crime" was seeking asylum (violating US and international law), kids that now are lost to the DHS.

Kids are being sexually abused in detention, so no doubt the lost kids "released" are being sexually abused.

In short, Trash's goons and Spursbabblers are using lying FALSE ING EQUIVALENCE that

"Trash separates (1000s of kids now missing), but it's OK because Obama separated (some kids)"

America tortures kids and sicko, sadistic, Trash and Miller are the torturers in chief.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of sick s in this world.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As ty as a person as Obama was when he did the same.
    You Lie

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of sick s in this world.
    60M+ of them voted for Trash

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    “The settlement landed back in court in 2015, when class members moved to enforce it following the Obama administration’s announcement that it would scrap bond hearings because they conflicted with newer immigration laws. In legal filings, the class contended the elimination of bond hearings and dirty and dangerous conditions at short-term holding facilities operated by the Border Patrol violated the agreement.

U.S. District Judge Dolly Gee in Los Angeles granted the class’ motion and ordered the appointment of an independent monitor to ensure government compliance with Flores.

Gee said the administration had breached Flores by failing to provide detainees with adequate food and clean drinking water, or with hygiene items like soap, toothbrushes and towels. She also concluded that the children were being deprived of sleep and access to bathrooms, and were subjected to near-freezing temperatures.”

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently it's an insult to the Shoah if we say anything before it's 1942 again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feds plan mass migrant deportation operation in Houston this weekend: What you need to know

Immigrations and Customs Enforcement is targeting over 2,000 undo ented immigrants with the goal of deporting them.

The operation will hit several major U.S. cities, including Houston, where thousands of migrants have been issued deportation orders this year.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement says it plans to target 2,000 undo ented people who already have deportation orders or have missed court dates.

The operation will begin Sunday in Houston and several other cities.

Here's what you need to know:

ICE is targeting violent people, but other undo ented migrants could be affected.

in general there are reasons for removal, including criminal acts, violating terms of visas or entering the United States unlawfully.

ICE will target violent criminals for removal, but “priorities do not mean other categories are exempt.”

Immigration laws prevent the federal government from deporting refugees or immigrants seeking asylum.

Tens of thousands of deportation orders have been issued in Texas.

So far in fiscal year 2019, Texas has issued more than 25,000 deportation orders,

with the largest number coming from courts in Houston (8,319),

Dallas (4,794) and

San Antonio (3,698),

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/21/ice-migrant-deportation-raid-houston-texas-what-you-need-know/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently it's an insult to the Shoah if we say anything before it's 1942 again.
    funny how yall buy AOC's bs time and time again. i don't remember ever reading, hearing, or viewing on tv/movies hordes of jews just freely walking to the camps knowingly. hyperbole as usual; that's the name of the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    La Princesa

Here is Diana, 8 years old, in Tijuana in the Benito Juarez shelter.

The Benito Juarez shelter is now closed because of health issues the migrants are now scared in different shelters.

Diana had been traveling with her family from Honduras.

When they left home to join the caravan they only traveled with a backpack and relied on donations of clothes and shoes.

That day the clothes donations came in, Diana managed to get the princess dress,

despite the fact that other girls wanted it.

"Lo agarre," (I got it)

“hoy me toca a mi,” (today is my turn).

That day, among leaking porta-potties, hunger, and barefoot children, an 8-year-old was a princess.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/photocontest/photo-of-the-day/2019-06-20/la-princesa/?ordering=-uploaded_at&filters=

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    La Princesa

Here is Diana, 8 years old, in Tijuana in the Benito Juarez shelter.

The Benito Juarez shelter is now closed because of health issues the migrants are now scared in different shelters.

Diana had been traveling with her family from Honduras.

When they left home to join the caravan they only traveled with a backpack and relied on donations of clothes and shoes.

That day the clothes donations came in, Diana managed to get the princess dress,

despite the fact that other girls wanted it.

"Lo agarre," (I got it)

“hoy me toca a mi,” (today is my turn).

That day, among leaking porta-potties, hunger, and barefoot children, an 8-year-old was a princess.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/photocontest/photo-of-the-day/2019-06-20/la-princesa/?ordering=-uploaded_at&filters=
    pulling on heartstrings don't mean bouts. sad but oh well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump yet again lies about his family separation policy but gets fact-checked to his face

an interview with Telemundo’s José Díaz-Balart, where

he lied about the usual, like taking credit for President Obama’s Veterans Choice health care program,

and the laughable, like
    falsely claiming he’s gaining huge support from

“the Hispanics” because they “want toughness at the border.”

But the most shameless lying was regarding his humanitarian disaster at the border.

“The ‘zero tolerance’ policy, was that a mistake?” Díaz-Balart asked.

“When I became president, President Obama had a separation policy,” Trump replied, lying.

“I didn’t have it, he had it. I brought the families together. I’m the one that put them together.”

Díaz-Balart knew this was a pile of lies and would say so just a few moments later,

but first laid out the scale of Trump’s disastrous policy to his face.

”2,800 children were reunited with their parents in the last year,” he told Trump. “We don’t even know—

the government doesn’t even know how many children are still not with their parents.

They don’t know, which I find incredible.”

Trump tries to go back to blaming an “Obama plan,”

but Díaz-Balart, sensing the imminent bull rant, begins to tell Trump that, no, we’re talking about what he did.

“Sir, we’re talking about your plan.”

“I’m the one that put people together, they separated, I put them together,” Trump tried to counter.

”You did not,” Díaz-Balart informs him.

“2,800 children were reunited with their parents in this last year after the ‘zero tolerance’ policy separated thousands of them.” Trump replied, “Excuse me, because I put them together,” of course not all seeking to be excused. “That’s because I put them together.”

Díaz-Balart, without missing a beat, replies, “Under court order, I might add, right?”

Yup, because it was only

under a federal judge’s order that the administration began to reunite these families,

and it’s been only under court order that the administration is now tracking down
    other children who were separated before his policy was officially in place.

Officials have so far identified 1,712 additional kids, and because they’re only partly through that court-mandated recount, there could be thousands more.

A year after Trump signing an executive order supposedly ending the policy his administration created,

kids are still getting separated from families.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1866404

Damn, we don't see English language craven corporate tv journalists calling Trash a liar to his face.

====================

One year after Trump's order supposedly ended family separation, kids are still getting ripped away

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ng-ripped-away

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Years Ago, the Border Patrol’s Discipline System Was Denounced as “Broken.” It’s Still Not Fixed.

An expert panel’s pleas for swifter, more consistent, more transparent punishment of rogue agents languish.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection seemed in crisis, and the panel subsequently determined that the agency was plagued by a system that allowed bad actors to stay on the payroll for years after they’d engaged in egregious, even criminal, misconduct.

the panel — headed by William Bratton, who had run police departments in Boston, New York City and Los Angeles — was deeply concerned about the persistent strain of lawlessness among CBP employees.

In a preliminary 2015 report, the panel had noted that

“arrests for corruption of CBP personnel far exceed, on a per capita basis, such arrests at other federal law enforcement agencies.”

CBP, the panel’s members concluded, was “vulnerable to corruption that threatens its effectiveness and national security.”

The administration of President Donald Trump has pledged to take the “handcuffs off” law enforcement agents as part of an aggressive push to stem the flow of migrants across the country’s southern border.

Illegally brutalize the immigrants, that will stop them from coming. Beating up people for political objectives is torture, but dubya vowed "America doesn't torture" (but AmeriKKKa does)

The performance of Border Patrol agents was one element of the widespread outrage provoked by the administration’s decision to separate children from their parents at the border.

The panel recommended that CBP hire 350 internal affairs investigators over a three-year period and task them with looking into misconduct and corruption. So far, the agency has brought on only about 50 investigators.

Every year, approximately 250 CBP employees are arrested,

many on su ion of serious felonies; dozens have been jailed in recent years on corruption charges, including weapons trafficking and collaborating with Mexican drug cartels.

https://www.propublica.org/article/border-patrol-discipline-system-was-denounced-as-broken-still-not-fixed

CBP/ICE, just your standard corrupt, sadistic, immune American law enforcement
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-22-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inside a Texas Building Where the Government Is Holding Immigrant Children

Hundreds of immigrant children who have been separated from their parents or family members are

being held in dirty, neglectful, and dangerous conditions

at Border Patrol facilities in Texas.

This week, a team of lawyers interviewed more than fifty children at one of those facilities, in Clint, Texas, in order to monitor government compliance with the Flores settlement,

which mandates that children must be held in safe and sanitary conditions and moved out of Border Patrol custody without unnecessary delays.

The conditions the lawyers
    found were shocking:

flu and lice outbreaks were going untreated, and

children were filthy,

sleeping on cold floors, and

taking care of each other

because of the lack of attention from guards.

Some of them had been in the facility for weeks.

some of the lawyers were so disturbed by what they saw that they decided to talk to the media.

We discussed the daily lives of the children in custody,

the role that the guards are playing at the facility, and

what should be done to unite many of these kids with their parents.

when we start to interview the child, they start to tell us things like

they’re sleeping on the floor, they’re sick, nobody’s taking care of them, they’re hungry,

then we do a more in-depth interview. And those interviews can take two hours or even longer. So it depends on what the children tell us.

What is the at ude of the guards to your team?

They are on our side.

Multiple guards told us while we were there that they are on our side and they want us to be successful,

because the children don’t belong there

and the children need to be picked up and put in appropriate places for children. They want us to be successful.

the fact is that some of the guards are bad people, and there’s no question about it.

I just got back from this facility where laws were being broken right and left.

There is a judgment in this case that says that children are supposed to be treated a certain way when they are in government custody.

All of these children are in government custody, and those very basic standards are being violated.

there is nothing sanitary about the conditions they are in.

And they are not safe, because they are getting sick, and

they are not being adequately supervised by the Border Patrol officers.

This is a violation of the case law.

in no event are they supposed to be there for more than seventy-two hours.

And many of them were there for three and a half weeks.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and...term=TNY_Daily

Meanwhile, Trash is ing around with his 'look at me" brain-dead geopolitics.

Brown kids, pregnant women, sick people, separated families? Trash, Miller, DHS/CBP don't give a flying

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-22-2019 at 01:55 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    How can we sleep when our beds are burning?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inside a Texas Building Where the Government Is Holding Immigrant Children

Hundreds of immigrant children who have been separated from their parents or family members are

being held in dirty, neglectful, and dangerous conditions

at Border Patrol facilities in Texas.

This week, a team of lawyers interviewed more than fifty children at one of those facilities, in Clint, Texas, in order to monitor government compliance with the Flores settlement,

which mandates that children must be held in safe and sanitary conditions and moved out of Border Patrol custody without unnecessary delays.

The conditions the lawyers
    found were shocking:

flu and lice outbreaks were going untreated, and

children were filthy,

sleeping on cold floors, and

taking care of each other

because of the lack of attention from guards.

Some of them had been in the facility for weeks.

some of the lawyers were so disturbed by what they saw that they decided to talk to the media.

We discussed the daily lives of the children in custody,

the role that the guards are playing at the facility, and

what should be done to unite many of these kids with their parents.

when we start to interview the child, they start to tell us things like

they’re sleeping on the floor, they’re sick, nobody’s taking care of them, they’re hungry,

then we do a more in-depth interview. And those interviews can take two hours or even longer. So it depends on what the children tell us.

What is the at ude of the guards to your team?

They are on our side.

Multiple guards told us while we were there that they are on our side and they want us to be successful,

because the children don’t belong there

and the children need to be picked up and put in appropriate places for children. They want us to be successful.

the fact is that some of the guards are bad people, and there’s no question about it.

I just got back from this facility where laws were being broken right and left.

There is a judgment in this case that says that children are supposed to be treated a certain way when they are in government custody.

All of these children are in government custody, and those very basic standards are being violated.

there is nothing sanitary about the conditions they are in.

And they are not safe, because they are getting sick, and

they are not being adequately supervised by the Border Patrol officers.

This is a violation of the case law.

in no event are they supposed to be there for more than seventy-two hours.

And many of them were there for three and a half weeks.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and...term=TNY_Daily

Meanwhile, Trash is ing around with his 'look at me" brain-dead geopolitics.

Brown kids, pregnant women, sick people, separated families? Trash, Miller, DHS/CBP don't give a flying

ever thought of going to south america and helping out? doubt you've lifted a finger for any of the people you're crying over rn. that's the truth of the matter. the outcry by those like you who won't even lift a finger but to type some bs on an internet msgboard. you're worthless and so are your spam articles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Author kidnapped by Somali pirates absolutely destroys the integrity of Trump and DHS Sec Kirstjen Nielsen

In January of 2012, Moore was kidnapped in Galkayo, Somali and held until being liberated by Navy SEALs in September of 2014.

Moore posted a video of a Trump Department of Justice official attempting to justify not giving toothpaste or soap to children detained by the Department of Homeland Security under Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen.

“Somali pirates gave me toothpaste and soap,” Moore noted.

===============

NowThis
    ✔@nowthisnews

A Trump official tried to argue that

detained children don’t need
    soap,
    toothbrushes, or
    beds to be ‘safe and sanitary’
    while in Border Patrol custody

12:23 PM - 21 Jun 2019

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/author-kidnapped-by-somali-pirates-absolutely-destroys-the-integrity-of-trump-and-dhs-sec-kirstjen-nielsen/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

This kind of sadistic, cruel, dehumanizing Trash/Repug disgracing America goes round the world, even among America's allies, and esp among America's enemies.

And of course, the Repugs and the so-called Christian supporters just don't give the tiniest .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ever thought of going to south america and helping out? doubt you've lifted a finger for any of the people you're crying over rn. that's the truth of the matter. the outcry by those like you who won't even lift a finger but to type some bs on an internet msgboard. you're worthless and so are your spam articles.
    bouts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in B4 Avante sees "erect" and "children" in the same thread le via key word notifications.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better ring up barry then and give him a participation trophy for starting it all.
    Here's one of the woke libs who didn't dare to criticize Obama, RTing her bit from Think Progress, a well Barry Obama cult, in 2016:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NPR from 2015: https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallp...ies-under-fire

HRW, spotlighting sexual abuse of detainees in 2010:
    https://www.hrw.org/report/2010/08/2...tion-detention

Another HRW piece, this one from 2016, highlighting subpar care and immigrant deaths in US custody.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2016/07/07/...tion-detention

Thread Information