Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1653
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Political instability in Honduras in particular is not unrelated to fairly recent US foreign policy. This is one of my big beefs with HRC, backing Micheletti and his successors against Zelaya.
    St Ronnie and the Repugs ed up the Northern Triangle in the '80s. It has never recovered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sick of hearing about the migrants. My family & I waited 3 years to immigrate to America.

Time to enact Australian Policy.
    Were your family threatened with execution if they didn't pay the gangs in their city? Asking for a friend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which definition works for you?
    Anne Frank and her sister died of typhus. They were denied food and medical care, and that was what killed them.

The right might not not want the parallels to the Trump camps, but squalid inhumane conditions are squalid inhumane conditions.

The term is sort of irrelevant. The conditions though...

How much evidence do you have that some of the worst things we are seeing are intentional, due to either a desire for deterrence or cruelty? Or is this more about the system being overwhelmed?

I have been hearing stories about the hielera, or ice box. This is what people call cold cells with concrete floors, or the mobile-mini [detention sites] that are littered around the hinterlands of south and central Texas. I have been hearing clients talking to me about these since I started doing this work, in 2003. And I spoke with young African men in their twenties, ten years ago. I have spoken with young Central-American children this year. And across geography, across age, across language, I have heard consistent stories about mistreatment and abuse inside of Customs and Border Protection custody. You hear about the refrigerated boxes people get shoved in. You hear about the separations of people from their children. You hear about manhandlings and rough treatment, unnecessary body-checking, shoving, pushing, hitting. You hear about cruel and abusive language: “Welcome to ”; “If you think this is bad, wait until what you have in store for you next”; “You have no rights”; “If you ask for asylum, we will keep you here forever.”

And you cannot hear about this again and again and again, over years, and think it is an aberration from training. No, this is the training that the officers are receiving. And it has not changed in nature. We have seen this evil for many years, but it has increased dramatically in scale because of the explosion of funding over the past ten, fifteen years. It has increased in efficiency because of the collusion between the government and Big Tech, who are the backbone of ice and Border Patrol, making their sinister acts more efficient. And it has increased in severity because we have a Commander-in-Chief who is telegraphing to all of these officers from the top down that he wants to see the cruelty, that he wants them to make people’s head hit the top of the car door.
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and...e-texas-border

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

The right might not not want the parallels to the Trump camps, but squalid inhumane conditions are squalid inhumane conditions.

The term is sort of irrelevant. The conditions though...

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and...e-texas-border
    Why didn’t you care as much about the same squalid inhuman conditions under the previous administration?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why didn’t you care as much about the same squalid inhuman conditions under the previous administration?
    why didn't the Repugs fake outrage about it and Fox news run it for months, every day?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘It can be a very rough river!’ Trump dismisses concerns about immigrants who drowned in Rio Grande

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/it-can-be-a-very-rough-river-trump-dismisses-concerns-about-immigrants-who-drowned-in-rio-grande/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were I aware of them, I would have cared just as much. Premise of the question is, therefore, invalid.

The policy of punitively separating parents on a large scale to punish/deter them is new though. You can't claim it was a widespread policy under any other administration.

This show is entirely on your rapist hero.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Were I aware of them, I would have cared just as much. Premise of the question is, therefore, invalid.

The policy of punitively separating parents on a large scale to punish/deter them is new though. You can't claim it was a widespread policy under any other administration.

This show is entirely on your rapist hero.
    How were you unaware of the squalid inhumane conditions during the Obama administration?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could point out several instances where I pointed out bad prison or detention conditions.

Our government, at all levels, has a duty that it often fails to people who we deem fit to detain or imprison.

A more relevant question is why don't you care now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How were you unaware of the squalid inhumane conditions during the Obama administration?
    Prove the underlying assertion, if you wish an answer. Snuck premises are the height of sophistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During the Obama administration, family separations were rare and predicated upon two conditions: whether border officials felt the parents or guardians posed a threat to the children, or whether the adults, under U.S. immigration law, had to be detained based on prior criminal convictions.
    https://www.vox.com/2019/6/21/187005...time-telemundo

Kind of hard to have squalid and inhumane conditions for children when they aren't seperated en masse from their parents, pizzaboichik.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Prove the underlying assertion, if you wish an answer. Snuck premises are the height of sophistry.
    U.S. District Judge Dolly Gee in Los Angeles granted the class’ motion and ordered the appointment of an independent monitor to ensure government compliance with Flores.

Gee said the administration had breached Flores by failing to provide detainees with adequate food and clean drinking water, or with hygiene items like soap, toothbrushes and towels. She also concluded that the children were being deprived of sleep and access to bathrooms, and were subjected to near-freezing temperatures.

https://www.courthousenews.com/feds-...-without-soap/

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    https://www.vox.com/2019/6/21/187005...time-telemundo

Kind of hard to have squalid and inhumane conditions for children when they aren't seperated en masse from their parents, pizzaboichik.
    "She also concluded that the children were being deprived of sleep and access to bathrooms, and were subjected to near-freezing temperatures."

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So RG how were you unaware of the squalid inhumane conditions during the Obama administration?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Man, TSA just wants to talk about Black President and nothing about today.

All the abuse today is well after that court ruling. Why did it happen this time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "She also concluded that the children were being deprived of sleep and access to bathrooms, and were subjected to near-freezing temperatures."
    Wrong then, wrong now. Easy.

Purposefully separating EVERY child from their parents for a misdemeanor... is a whole order of magnitude worse.

Hilarious that you think this has traction for you.

The question remains, ass-kisser:

Why don't you care now? I have yet to see you say this is bad in any way. I can only infer your tacit approval.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So RG how were you unaware of the squalid inhumane conditions during the Obama administration?
    You first. Quid pro quo.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's so weird that the Trump camps were purposely and illegally ty after the court ruling deemed the previous ty conditions illegal.

It's not so weird that TSA and the rest of the Trumpistas don't even want to discuss what's going on now and only want to talk about Black President.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You first. Quid pro quo.
    You said to prove the underlying assertion and you would answer. I proved it. So how were you unaware of the squalid inhumane conditions during the Obama administration?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only want to talk about Black President.
    it's standard, ancient rightwingnutjob tactic.

(our indefensible guy may be bad) your guy was just as bad or worse (aka "false equivalence")

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate Passes Bipartisan Border Funding Bill

The Senate approved a $4.5 billion border funding bill on June 26, setting up a confrontation with House Democrats who passed their own version of the bill the day before.

The Senators voted 84-8 in a rare display of bipartisanship to fund President Donald Trump’s humanitarian aid request for the southern border.

In contrast, Democrats in the House voted along party lines the day before to pass a competing bill, despite a veto threat from Trump.

The Senate voted down the House bill.

Lawmakers raced to get a bill for Trump to sign before heading to a weeklong Independence Day recess, but with Nancy Pelosi’s insistence for a compromise solution, no bill will likely be agreed on until after the break.

The House bill included

funding shortfalls for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE),

restrictions on how the money can be used, and

a rollback of Trump’s order to cut aid to Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/senate-passes-bipartisan-border-funding-bill_2979962.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My father got better treatment in a WWII Nazi prison camp than 2019 kids at U.S. border

he was an actual and declared enemy of the German state. Nevertheless, while imprisoned in Germany he:

• unlike the children imprisoned by Trump, was provided with a bunk off the floor
    • unlike the children imprisoned by Trump, was provided with a blanket
    • unlike the children imprisoned by Trump, was provided with soap;
    • unlike the children imprisoned by Trump, was provided with access to showers
    • unlike the children imprisoned by Trump, was allowed to accept practical gifts of clothing and extra blankets from outside humanitarians and humanitarian agencies (like the International Red Cross)

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/6/26/1867556/-My-father-got-better-treatment-in-a-WWII-Nazi-prison-camp-than-2019-kids-at-U-S-border?detail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The evidence of Trump’s crimes against humanity is piling up

The lonely voice of sanity on Fox News Channel, anchor Shepard Smith, was moved to point out that

the United States is now subjecting migrant children and adults

to conditions not permitted for prisoners of war under the Geneva Conventions.

Which is another way to say that

the government is perpetrating crimes against humanity.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/the...m_campaign=413

With Trash overseas, he should be arrested and sent to the ICC for crimes against humanity
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-27-2019 at 09:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump president, not Obama.

I reposted the 2011 Frontline episode highlighting abuse, harsh conditions and family separation in this forum.

Nobody noticed, not even posters like you who like are cheering on abuse, harsh conditions and family separation now that DJT is doing it.

Thread Information