Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1653
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's malicious rhetoric about immgrants isn't calculated to minimize the visibility of enforcement related issues, nor his thinly veiled references to collective punishment.

Totally agree that a lot of peiple were taken in by Obama's urbane bureaucratese, it hid horrific human suffering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every single person I spoke to [was] denied access to handwashing even after bathroom use. They said the sinks in the bathroom had no running water. I couldn’t believe they have nowhere to wash their hands. The shower range was every other day all the way up to never in 24 days, that was just insane. That’s the only time they get to brush their teeth, when they shower, then their toothbrush gets thrown away. Between that, there was no handwashing, no anything, no hand sanitizer. Every person with a formula bottle said they had nowhere to wash that. If they wanted to even rinse their hands or rinse formula bottles, they would bring drinking water to the sink and try and rinse there. The formula bottles not being able to be washed was completely absurd. That’s the kind of thing I’d call [Child Protective Services] for on a patient in my office.
    https://www.texasobserver.org/doctor...mpression=true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other thing which has not been covered in the news much is breastfeeding moms. All they got was a liter and a half of water a day, which is holding them all mildly dehydrated. Average size adults need 2 liters a day, breastfeeding moms need three liters a day. There were six breastfeeding moms I spoke to; only one of them reported adequate milk supply. The other five reported inadequate milk supply; they are not getting enough water and food really to feed a baby. There was a baby that was losing weight, breastfeeding mothers that were saying they were losing weight.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    BUT THEY HAVE AIR CONDITIONING

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elizabeth Warren blocked from entering Homestead facility, says migrant kids there are 'prisoners'

U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren was blocked from entering the prison camp for migrant children in Homestead, Florida on Wednesday—

she hasn’t been the only federal legislator prevented from entering this facility, either

but described catching glimpses through fencing of detained kids in conditions she compared to a prison.

“There’s packed earth—nothing green,”
    she described in a video following her visit,saying that

she witnessed children, in single-file lines, being moved from structure to structure.

“No laughing. No playing. So I waved to the children. Some kept their heads down.

Some looked our way and then quickly looked back down.

Others waved but then put their hands down.”

Conditions at this privately run prison camp are atrocious,

with kids
    forbidden from even writing in a journal and

others faced with threats of prolonged imprisonment for rule-breaking.

“I couldn’t tell what the guards were saying to them,” Warren continued.

“But that’s not what kids are supposed to look like,

that’s not how kids are supposed to act.

These are children who are prisoners.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/6/27/1867737/-Elizabeth-Warren-blocked-from-entering-Homestead-facility-says-migrant-kids-there-are-prisoners?detail=emaildkre

Give 'em , Liz, and where are the rest of Dem Congresscritters?

all these for-profit sadistic goons working for Trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the first duty of the State is not to put its own citizens first, then what is State for?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the first duty of the State is not to put its own citizens first, then what is State for?
    When the state has been commandeered, corrupted by $Bs from the oligarchy, the state is enslaved to serve primarily the oligarchy, and of course enrichment of the state's governing class, but not the non-oligarchy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's AmeriKKKA

No toothbrushes or showers, kids coughing all night: Migrants describe conditions inside border facilities

The Tribune interviewed more than a dozen migrants after their release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection facilities. The conditions they described ranged from livable to horrible.

They don’t shower or brush their teeth for days on end. They watch their sick kids cough and cry through the night. And some of them brave toilets so foul, one migrant said, that kids can’t help but throw up inside of them.

“They don’t have the humanitarian conditions for people to be there,” said Gary, a 33-year-old migrant from Siguatepeque, Honduras, who would only give his first name.

“There were more than 200 of us in a single cage —

seated on the floor, standing, however we could fit.”

He said the stench inside overflowing toilets was so bad it made him gag and caused children to vomit.

“The bathrooms are full, they aren’t cleaning them regularly,”

they never got to change out of the filthy clothes they wore when they crossed the border.

On the other hand, several migrants gave mostly positive reviews of the big “white tent” they stayed in at the newest processing facility in Donna, near McAllen — demonstrating that

conditions also can vary wildly from one center to the next, and in some cases, from one migrant family to the next.

an official said “all allegations of civil rights abuses or mistreatment in CBP detention are taken seriously and investigated to the fullest extent possible.”

Despite all the privations — the toilet stench, lack of personal hygiene and bad bologna sandwiches —

Gary, the Salvadoran migrant from Siguatepeque, couldn’t help but smile.

This weekend, at last, he will be rejoining his immigrant mother in Los Angeles.

“I knew that they treated people badly, but

we were already mentally prepared to suffer through whatever we had to in order to be with our family,”

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/28/migrants-detail-conditions-texas-border-patrol-stations/

Note that the Senate's $4.6B is similar to a "no strings attached" "block grant", no oversight, no directives, no restrictions.

My guess is that $100Ms will go missing and/or into the pockets of, eg, Devos' friends.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-29-2019 at 11:14 AM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trash's AmeriKKKA

No toothbrushes or showers, kids coughing all night: Migrants describe conditions inside border facilities

The Tribune interviewed more than a dozen migrants after their release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection facilities. The conditions they described ranged from livable to horrible.

They don’t shower or brush their teeth for days on end. They watch their sick kids cough and cry through the night. And some of them brave toilets so foul, one migrant said, that kids can’t help but throw up inside of them.

“They don’t have the humanitarian conditions for people to be there,” said Gary, a 33-year-old migrant from Siguatepeque, Honduras, who would only give his first name. “There were more than 200 of us in a single cage — seated on the floor, standing, however we could fit.” He said the stench inside overflowing toilets was so bad it made him gag and caused children to vomit.

they never got to change out of the filthy clothes they wore when they crossed the border.

On the other hand, several migrants gave mostly positive reviews of the big “white tent” they stayed in at the newest processing facility in Donna, near McAllen — demonstrating that conditions also can vary wildly from one center to the next, and in some cases, from one migrant family to the next.

an official said “all allegations of civil rights abuses or mistreatment in CBP detention are taken seriously and investigated to the fullest extent possible.”

Despite all the privations — the toilet stench, lack of personal hygiene and bad bologna sandwiches — Gary, the Salvadoran migrant from Siguatepeque, couldn’t help but smile. This weekend, at last, he will be rejoining his immigrant mother in Los Angeles.
    “I knew that they treated people badly, but we were already mentally prepared to suffer through whatever we had to in order to be with our family,”

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/28/migrants-detail-conditions-texas-border-patrol-stations/

Note that the Senate's $4.5B is similar to a "no strings attached" "block grant", no oversight, no directives, no restrictions.

My guess is that $100Ms will go missing and/or into the pockets of Devos' friends.

I wouldn't sign that $4.5 billion bill waiting on his desk if I were the old man: "Once that 9th circuit reverses their stop ruling on the Wall in CA. & NM., OR, I win in the appellate court I'll take it out of my breast pocket & put my John Han on it. Until then? No."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's AmeriKKKA

“They don’t have the humanitarian conditions for people to be there,” said Gary, a 33-year-old migrant from Siguatepeque, Honduras, who would only give his first name. “There were more than 200 of us in a single cage — seated on the floor, standing, however we could fit.” He said the stench inside overflowing toilets was so bad it made him gag and caused children to vomit.

On the other hand, several migrants gave mostly positive reviews of the big “white tent” they stayed in at the newest processing facility in Donna, near McAllen — demonstrating that conditions also can vary wildly from one center to the next, and in some cases, from one migrant family to the next.

Despite all the privations — the toilet stench, lack of personal hygiene and bad bologna sandwiches — Gary, the Salvadoran migrant from Siguatepeque, couldn’t help but smile. This weekend, at last, he will be rejoining his immigrant mother in Los Angeles.
    “I knew that they treated people badly, but we were already mentally prepared to suffer through whatever we had to in order to be with our family,”

Note that the Senate's $4.5B is similar to a "no strings attached" "block grant", no oversight, no directives, no restrictions.

My guess is that $100Ms will go missing and/or into the pockets of Devos' friends.

Easy solution.... go back to your hole country and stop crossing our borders illegally!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sadistic racists takin care of business

Border Patrol took kid's blankets, forced them to sleep on concrete floor, because they lost a comb

we received reports from children of a lice outbreak in one of the cells where

there were about twenty-five children, and

what they told us is that six of the children were found to have lice.

And so they were given a lice shampoo, and the other children were given two combs and told to share those two combs,

two lice combs, and

brush their hair with the same combs,

which is something you never do with a lice outbreak.

And then what happened was one of the combs was lost, and

Border Patrol agents got so mad that they took away the children’s blankets and mats.

They weren’t allowed to sleep on the beds, and they had to sleep on the floor on Wednesday night as punishment for losing the comb.

So you had a whole cell full of kids who had beds and mats at one point, not for everybody but for most of them,

who were forced to sleep on the cement.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/6/23/1866706/-Border-Patrol-took-kid-s-blankets-forced-them-to-sleep-on-concrete-floor-because-they-lost-a-comb

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't sign that $4.5 billion bill waiting on his desk if I were the old man: "Once that 9th circuit reverses their stop ruling on the Wall in CA. & NM., OR, I win in the appellate court I'll take it out of my breast pocket & put my John Han on it. Until then? No."
    & they were laughing at him this morning on CNN.

Said he was gonna close the border. Backed out. Said he was gonna Tariff Mexico. Backed out. Said he was gonna raid 10 U.S. Cities. Backed out." Laughed their asses off around that table.

& they are right. We'll see what he does come Sunday next.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Border agents feared riots by migrants at overcrowded station

- U.S. agents at an El Paso, Texas border station

feared riots by migrants being held in overcrowded and unsanitary cells and

were “embarrassed” and “frustrated” by the detainees’ conditions,

according to do ents from an internal government watchdog.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-conditions/border-agents-feared-riots-by-migrants-at-overcrowded-station-u-s-government-do ents-idUSKCN1TW2WB?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Border agents feared riots by migrants at overcrowded station

- U.S. agents at an El Paso, Texas border station

feared riots by migrants being held in overcrowded and unsanitary cells and

were “embarrassed” and “frustrated” by the detainees’ conditions,

according to do ents from an internal government watchdog.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-conditions/border-agents-feared-riots-by-migrants-at-overcrowded-station-u-s-government-do ents-idUSKCN1TW2WB?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews
    you mean illegal immigrants.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Wants To Celebrate 4th Of July Weekend With Major Deportation Raids

Donald Trump announced on Monday that after the 4th of July holiday ends on Thursday,

the sweeping deportation raids that he recently delayed are back on.

As
    The Hill reported,

“The president made the announcement in the Oval Office while signing legislation providing $4.6 billion in funding to address the influx of migrants from Central America at the southern border.”

The president said,
    “After July 4, a lot of people are going to be brought back out. what?

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/07/01/trump-wants-to-celebrate-4th-of-july-weekend-with-major-deportation-raids.html

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-01-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dozens of Jews arrested protesting detention center: ‘when we say never again we f*cking mean it!’

Around 200 self-identifying Jewish protestors shut down operations at an Elizabeth, New Jersey, ICE detention center on Monday. According to
    Common Dreams,

36 activists were arrested during the grassroots-organized Never Again Action.

Those arrested were reportedly blocking vehicles from going to the Elizabeth Detention Center.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1868767

Where were the Christians?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pesky Jews!

Why won't they do what DJT says to do!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny. RG started this thread a year ago outraged that they wanted to expand processing facilities to handle the crush of illegal immigrants. Now he is outraged that the facilities they have are overcrowded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny. RG started this thread a year ago outraged that they wanted to expand processing facilities to handle the crush of illegal immigrants. Now he is outraged that the facilities they have are overcrowded.
    Maybe I misread the OP, but it appears to me his outrage was with incarcerating immigrants, period, especially in harsh conditions. The fact that still happens today is not really funny, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I misread the OP, but it appears to me his outrage was with incarcerating immigrants, period, especially in harsh conditions. The fact that still happens today is not really funny, tbh...
    Incarcerated is a bit strong considering they walked a thousand miles and volunteered to be there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incarcerated is a bit strong considering they walked a thousand miles and volunteered to be there.
    Up until not long ago, a request for asylum was not met with jail. Immigration was, again, not that long ago, a civil, not a criminal matter. So, I don't think they really volunteered to be in jail, it just so happens that this administration chose to do it this way.

I also disagree that "incarcerated" is a bit strong, it's actually what's happening.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's dumbfounding just how backwardly Americans understand migration and asylum. 90% of conservatives seem to think the camps are holding people who tried to sneak into the country and live in America as illegals.

These camps are holding people who came in through legal ports of entry to legally apply for asylum. The conditions are actively encouraging more illegal immigration. What happens when people desperate to get out of their country are faced with the possibility of being held in ty conditions and separated from their children? Do you choose staying in your country, and possible death? Or do you choose to find a different route where you won't be picked up, and skip the whole asylum process?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's dumbfounding just how backwardly Americans understand migration and asylum. 90% of conservatives seem to think the camps are holding people who tried to sneak into the country and live in America as illegals.

These camps are holding people who came in through legal ports of entry to legally apply for asylum. The conditions are actively encouraging more illegal immigration. What happens when people desperate to get out of their country are faced with the possibility of being held in ty conditions and separated from their children? Do you choose staying in your country, and possible death? Or do you choose to find a different route where you won't be picked up, and skip the whole asylum process?
    Sorry, but the majority are economic migrants trying to claim asylum. I don't necessarily blame them for trying since people like you don't recognize the difference.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but the majority are economic migrants trying to claim asylum. I don't necessarily blame them for trying since people like you don't recognize the difference.
    That is literally what I said. Where is the disconnect?

Thread Information